Stubborn Marinelli

CCBoy

Reaction score
It wasn't an "Off day" the defense was straight up dominated, abused and embarrassed in a division playoff game. Quit making excuses, the defense once again fails in the playoffs. They got whipped like a yappy little dog.

Get a clue, to the man who couldn't lead his way out of a paper sack with a knife and water hose...the team gave their hearts and worked their butts off all season. They won respect.

By the way, on that day, they were outplayed by the team that was the best balanced offense in the NFC. That team was also rested and at their home field.

The team is reaching it's performance levels, again...but are not there yet, offensively. Change some of the nature for this game, such as starting off scoring, and things might not have seemed to get out of hand then.

But to describe them as flailing juveniles...stinks to high heaven. Not them or the coaches!!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think coaches share the blame but so do the players, they played piss poor and got their butts handed to them. front 7 did a poor job including Jaylon and LEV.

This was all on coaching. Rams had 7 guys on our front 4. It was a mismatch all night long. Our coaches had no clue how to handle the situation....and it continued all night long until the loss was complete. Never seen one staff get out coached this bad in the playoffs. We were clueless on how to stop it.:rolleyes:

Verdict

Reaction score
Get a clue, to the man who couldn't lead his way out of a paper sack with a knife and water hose...the team gave their hearts and worked their butts off all season. They won respect.

By the way, on that day, they were outplayed by the team that was the best balanced offense in the NFC. That team was also rested and at their home field.

The team is reaching it's performance levels, again...but are not there yet, offensively. Change some of the nature for this game, such as starting off scoring, and things might not have seemed to get out of hand then.

But to describe them as flailing juveniles...stinks to high heaven. Not them or the coaches!!

I'm bullish on the team as well, CC but to say we didn't play well is an understatement.

Verdict

Reaction score
This was all on coaching. Rams had 7 guys on our front 4. It was a mismatch all night long. Our coaches had no clue how to handle the situation....and it continued all night long until the loss was complete. Never seen one staff get out coached this bad in the playoffs. We were clueless on how to stop it.:rolleyes:

Well said. It pains me to agree with it, but it's true.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm bullish on the team as well, CC but to say we didn't play well is an understatement.
Any questions on why? Maybe a very unproductive offense?

Oh yea, they determined the style used against the Cowboys. One just can't strictly run the ball if being pushed to keep up. Red Zone ineffectiveness killed options. Then the Rams read tendencies and pulled their vanishing cards routines...and the Cowboys were taken out of zones of responsibility and put in a bind. They controlled the clock as well as field position. Two of three aspects that determine games. The Cowboys defense still was able to limit total score.

The Cowboys did beat New Orleans during the regular season...why?

We'll see if the Rams handle the Saints, and THEN, I'll decide just how tough the Rams were...not now, and saying the Cowboys are NOT a good team.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I blame Marinelli too for saturday night and he should be blamed ...........but for an entirely different reason. He's so dumb that he didn't notice that his DTs had "tells". The Rams knew which way they were going 90% of the snaps. In other words, they knew where the holes in the DL were going to be............which explains why their rbs averaged over 5 yards before first contact. We got outcoached on many levels.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I blame Marinelli too for saturday night and he should be blamed ...........but for an entirely different reason. He's so dumb that he didn't notice that his DTs had "tells". The Rams knew which way they were going 90% of the snaps. In other words, they knew where the holes in the DL were going to be............which explains why their rbs averaged over 5 yards before first contact. We got outcoached on many levels.
Richard deserves blame too

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richard deserves blame too

Goff didn't have a great game against our secondary. He completed barely 50% of his throws. Marinelli is the DL guy. That is his specialty. So, until I know KRs level of involvement with the DL, i'm not hanging this on him. A veteran DL coach like marinelli should be self=scouting for such things. Disguising what you are doing is half the battle in the NFL.

DanA

Reaction score
Richard calls plays and is the passing game co-ordinator responsible for the DB's. There is no confusion whatsoever about who is in charge on the D-line, it's Marinelli. Not saying any of the coaches are without blame but Rod is responsible for the alignment of our tackles and the tells by D-linemen giving away plays.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Goff didn't have a great game against our secondary. He completed barely 50% of his throws. Marinelli is the DL guy. That is his specialty. So, until I know KRs level of involvement with the DL, i'm not hanging this on him. A veteran DL coach like marinelli should be self=scouting for such things. Disguising what you are doing is half the battle in the NFL.
Disgusting? Calm lmao. Apparently Richard is running the defense, so he should know what's going on with the front seven and the secondary.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Disgusting? Calm lmao. Apparently Richard is running the defense, so he should know what's going on with the front seven and the secondary.

You are mistaken.

Any plays sent over the radio by Richard are made by Marinelli.

Don't believe me? Look at the play sheets carried by both of them.

Marinelli is the DC.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Read again. "Disgusting" appears nowhere in my post. There is a similar looking word but with an entirely different meaning.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richard handles 7, Rod handles 4. They read our DL, that's the whole story, we need younger blood coaching the front four.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Your right players have no responsibility in any of this it was all the coaches. I never saw any of the coaches playing on the field just players but their job is to collect a check and not make plays. Coaches share in it but players also did not play well and to sit there and act as if players are not responsible is complete BS. I get it many here hate the coaches but this game still comes down to players making plays and when you are dominated at the LS much of that is on the players. We seem to give players credit for when we are blowing people off the line and able to run yet when they fail it is all the coach? Yeah right

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
You are mistaken.

Any plays sent over the radio by Richard are made by Marinelli.

Don't believe me? Look at the play sheets carried by both of them.

Marinelli is the DC.
Everyone said Richard took over DC during the season. That's why everyone is on his d***

silvrNblue

Reaction score
adjective
  1. having or showing dogged determination not to change one's attitude or position on something, especially in spite of good arguments or reasons to do so.
    "a stubborn refusal to learn from experience"

Hopefully this was the last game Marinelli will ever coach for us.

It was NOT fun watching our 4-2-5 nickel defense get steam rolled by the Rams.

What an embarrassing performance by our DC.
AND this BS right there is why we got steam rolled. Rod stayed in the clapper play book of keep doing what got us here. Don't think for a damn minute Mcvay didn't count on us being predictable. Hell, that was his open to run over us. I've said it, we have ALL said it, these coaches have NO imagination, nor will to deviate and change the scheme so as to make the OTHER team have to adjust to us.... just friggn mind blowing that JJ is content on keeping this bunch of half wits and has been's.