Twitter: Sturm doesn't want us to forget Cowboys missed playoffs because of these things from 2019

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes and it blows your agenda right out the water. Can’t have it both ways.

There was no agenda in the post you quoted, i simply stated that our D was ranked top 10 and our offense was ranked #1 and then i asked when was the last time a team with the #1 offense in the NFL and a top 10 ranked D didn't make the playoffs. I did say that i think our D was much more consistant than our offense last year, if that's an agenda to you..well have at it. maybe you should re-read the post

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There was no agenda in the post you quoted, i simply stated that our D was ranked top 10 and our offense was ranked #1 and then i asked when was the last time a team with the #1 offense in the NFL and a top 10 ranked D didn't make the playoffs. I did say that i think our D was much more consistant than our offense last year, if that's an agenda to you..well have at it. maybe you should re-read the post
Here’s your quote which you blame all on the offense which is absurd and what I was referring to as an agenda. \

I agree it is a team game but stats are stats we were the 9th ranked overall D in yards allowed we were 10th in passing yards allowed and 11th in rushing yards allowed and 11th in total points allowed. Only place we were lacking was in turnovers we ranked 25th with 17 turnovers on D but as a team we were -1 for the season as the offense turned it over 18 times. The stats say our D was much more consistant than our offense. Now if somebody wants to use stats regarding field position and special teams then that same person has to answer to what the stats say about our D and our offense. Again and i don't know the answer to this but i would be willing to bet that very few teams in the history of the NFL have missed the playoffs with a #1 ranked offense and the # 9 ranked D. If you ask me it was not the D that was suspect last season it was the offense

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Here’s your quote which you blame all on the offense which is absurd and what I was referring to as an agenda. \
So you assume because i think the D was more consistant than our offense that it means i have an agenda, most of that post was about our D not our offense. you either have a couple of screws loose or are severely insecure about any critisism about our offense

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So you assume because i think the D was more consistant than our offense that it means i have an agenda, most of that post was about our D not our offense. you either have a couple of screws loose or are severely insecure about any critisism about our offense
What the he’ll is your problem? You said stats are stats and bragged about how our defense was ranked 9th and how consistent they played and then crapped all over the offense which was rated #1. You on crack or something?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
What the he’ll is your problem? You said stats are stats and bragged about how our defense was ranked 9th and how consistent they played and then crapped all over the offense which was rated #1. You on crack or something?

You must be very thin skinned i didn't crap all over the offense all i said was " If you ask me it was not the D that was suspect last season it was the offense" and i stand by that!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You must be very thin skinned i didn't crap all over the offense all i said was " If you ask me it was not the D that was suspect last season it was the offense" and i stand by that!
Yes, right after you bragged about stats and the defense was #9 and played consistently then crapped on the offense which is rated #1. If you’re going to use stats, be consistent. Now you can’t man up and admit your error and are all over the place and attacking me. Done with you.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, right after you bragged about stats and the defense was #9 and played consistently then crapped on the offense which is rated #1. If you’re going to use stats, be consistent. Now you can’t man up and admit your error and are all over the place and attacking me. Done with you.

You taking the cowards way out? I would think most around here reading our posts would say it is you attacking me now you want to run and hide, here's a suggestion for you, next time you post i suggest you hide behind your wifes or mothers skirt before you hit the "post reply" button

Skillit

Reaction score
Valid points....but while the D underperformed most of the year.....how many games did the O not show up until the second half?

we were supposed to be able to control the clock and run the ball......but we didn’t.

we didn’t / don’t have the D to stand up to that. Take away the first 3 cupcake games and season stats are horrible.

Big_D

Reaction score
Everyone talks about a number 1 offense?? lol Who gives a crap about yards? It's nice, but it isn't the deciding factor in football games. 6th in passing TDs, 7th in rushing TDs. Again nice stats, but the offense flat out sucked in Philadelphia. 3 FGs with your season on the line. That's all they could muster. This isn't an offense vs defense argument, offense was just as much a part of the problem no matter how many yards they put up. Once again in crunch time they disappeared. The entire team didn't get it done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we should have kept our OL coach. MCol was doing an excellent job.

For half the job he was. Pass protection was usually very good all season. But run blocking and short yardage in particular were not.

the OL coach before Colombo, a disaster. Didn’t even finish the season.

Something else yiu can thank Jason Garrett for. He not only passed over Colombo, who was already on staff, but he passed over Mike Solari (who has completely turned around Seattle's line) for 'a guy his brother John knew'. The Paul Alexander debacle was entirely on Jason Garrett.

why did they fix what wasn’t broken?

so MM could hire his old buddy.

Again, the running game was broken. There's no excuse given the investment involved why the Cowboys running game should be so ineffective.

And they've traded up for over 20 years of offensive line coaching experience for Colombo's 2.

ondaedg

Reaction score
.......which is exactly what every team says the past 6 seasons. The whole world knows Marinelli's defense and what's coming. ........ which is why I blame Richard less. Marinelli was also still weighing in heavy on the defensive personnel. We wouldn't have guys like Trystan Hill if Marinelli wasn't pounding tables on draft day.

Our 'simplicity by design' approach made it too easy for opposing QBs to make reads at the LOS. Would be very interesting to get a full understanding of what Richard and Marinelli were each responsible for

ondaedg

Reaction score
Conversely, those same three receivers were among the top in the league in drops.

But yet, somehow 'Dak sucks!'

:facepalm:

Ya those guys dropped some easy balls. Then they'd turn around and make a great catch on the next play.

And to be fair Dak's biggest weakness in my humble opinion is hitting receivers in stride. I hope McCarthy can help him with that. He fixes that and he's a top 5 QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya those guys dropped some easy balls. Then they'd turn around and make a great catch on the next play.

And to be fair Dak's biggest weakness in my humble opinion is hitting receivers in stride. I hope McCarthy can help him with that. He fixes that and he's a top 5 QB.

Agreed. Anticipation. And trusting the receivers and the routes.

But I think those drops are part of the reason Lal isn't the receivers coach any longer. That and some behind the scenes drama.

ondaedg

Reaction score
There's a lot more wrong than the coaching though

I disagree. The common feedback from opposing teams is that our D was predictable. Darnold was talking about it during the post game presser that he was able to make reads at the LOS because we don't hide our looks. Predictability in today's NFL equals an L and Garrett made it clear on multiple occasions that he emphasized simplicity over deception. Meanwhile the Patriots made Darnold see "ghosts" the very next game.