Twitter: Sturm: Gallup needs to help Dak on hot route INT

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are 5 guys rushing the QB. So not an all out blitz. So I'm not buy what Sturm is saying at all.

Re-watch the play. The QB stared down Gallup. Because of that, Gallup is the most closely guarded WR on the field!

What he should have done is throw the ball to one of the wide open WR's just waiting for the ball.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are 5 guys rushing the QB. So not an all out blitz. So I'm not buy what Sturm is saying at all.

Re-watch the play. The QB stared down Gallup. Because of that, Gallup is the most closely guarded WR on the field!

What he should have done is throw the ball to one of the wide open WR's just waiting for the ball.
Short answer: Sturm doesn't care for Gallup. Or better yet, he doesn't like Gallup over Cooper. That's really all this thread is about. lol

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am hearing others saying this same thing. But Dak also threw 2 more. He has to tuck and run when nothing is there or at least roll out more. Being less predictable would help.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That diagnosis is the second interception that is translatable to poor interactions between QB and the receiver group/routes as used.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not enough fuss is being made about how stupid that extension was. Gallup was done after that injury. They let a personal matter with Coop lead to two idiotic decisions. Dumb & Dumber...
Was Cooper trying to run the passing game?

Zman5

Reaction score

I'm not sure if you are looking at the same video. First, there are 6 guys rushing. Not 5. And Dak looks at the safety first before turning his head due to Niners #57 blitzing before throwing it to his hot route.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
This offense doesn't need a player like Gallop. He's really only good at one thing and thats mid range sideline passes and we don't really have route trees that go that way. I like him but he has no dog in him and he disappears way too often. He has to be cut at the soonest, cheapest time

SackMaster

Reaction score
Come on, this one is stupid. A clear Anti-Gallup take.

I get the "You throw into the blitz" concept, but you also don't throw a quick ball to a guy who has a defender right in his face at the LOS.

Dak should have thrown to one of the receivers on the other side that DIDN'T have a defender 1 foot in front of him. Hell two of those guys didn't have a defender within 8 yards of them at the snap and could have been the hot read.

Terrible read by Dak, and even a worse decision.

That one is on Dak. No question.