Twitter: Sturm: Gallup needs to help Dak on hot route INT

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
why can't the coaches put big red dots on the receivers for the play that is called, or at the least give them all towels and make them wave them when they get open? I think this would help him in the reads. I don't think this would be against the rules.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
100% correct. My bad.

And in that case it makes Dak's decision to throw to Gallup even worse since the corner that blitzed from the offensive right side was the only defender on that side of the field within 5 yards of those 3 receivers.

:banghead:
What? That's total nonsense. There's still 4 defenders covering 3 receivers to the right. Gallup is 1-1.

Like why are you just making things up?

NotForLong

Reaction score
no, he got run out of town for refusing to vaccinate and quit on jerry. it became personal with Jerry as he demands loyalty, like Mafia boss.
No . . . He got ran out of town for popping off at the mouth when Jerry was throwing the WR Corps under the Bus. . All you people remember are the Company Talking Points

I betcyou are one of those that still claim Romp was too broken to put back in or maybe you clung to "Don'T want to mess with the Chemistry and change QBs". . . You probably still parrot both

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yep.....list growing with WRs ran out of town........TO, Dez, Amari and ??? It's been shameful......still haven't understood TO with "That's my QB" defense and TRomo no where to be found when Jerry removed him from the team. Watch yourself Gallup.....you may be nextt.
Cole Beasley . . . Terence Williams . . . Williams was the 1st to show that the 2nd wide out in this offense will be ignored. . . It was so telling that Romo attacked Philly by going to Terrence for His Last TD . . Williams was open all year

Only reason Lamb had success as a "#2" was because he plays in the slot

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
There are 5 guys rushing the QB. So not an all out blitz. So I'm not buy what Sturm is saying at all.

Re-watch the play. The QB stared down Gallup. Because of that, Gallup is the most closely guarded WR on the field!

What he should have done is throw the ball to one of the wide open WR's just waiting for the ball.
Agree! Plus he was being hand checked from the word go. It’s not like he just ran snd let a guy cross him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No . . . He got ran out of town for popping off at the mouth when Jerry was throwing the WR Corps under the Bus. . All you people remember are the Company Talking Points

I betcyou are one of those that still claim Romp was too broken to put back in or maybe you clung to "Don'T want to mess with the Chemistry and change QBs". . . You probably still parrot both
huh?

:huh:

Cmac

Reaction score
Cole Beasley . . . Terence Williams . . . Williams was the 1st to show that the 2nd wide out in this offense will be ignored. . . It was so telling that Romo attacked Philly by going to Terrence for His Last TD . . Williams was open all year

Only reason Lamb had success as a "#2" was because he plays in the slot
You need a good #2 and slot guy to move the chains, along with a TE. I'm not sure what this team's offensive concept is. They're stuck between high-powered air attack (KMoore) and having a balance (MM).....this should have been meshed out during Training Camp, as a result......it is completely what the pundits are saying......."Dallas trying to find an identity".

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Are you saying Zach is being over payed for no reason . . . or are you saying Dak is being over payed for No reason?

Because 1 is and the Other is a living legend

There is no reason to overpay anyone, legend or not.

Praxit

Reaction score
I've said it repeatedly - Gallup has done this a many times over,.. he causes more Dak INTs than any WR Dak has ever has.

He's a horrid route runner when it comes to underneath routes.
....yep, dont know if keeping Cooper would have made things any better. But Gallup is magnet for Int's.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Hitches and 9 routes. Anything else to Gallup is asking for trouble. The guy can’t create separation to save his life.

It wouldn't have been any different if it were Jerry Rice on this particular play.