Twitter: Sturm: Gallup needs to help Dak on hot route INT

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
When I saw this play live, I thought it was very close to DPI. Yes, both players have a right to the ball but neither play can go through the other to get it. The was a lot of contact on this play and some of it beyond 5 yards. It was a close call.

But sometimes you just have to credit the defender with making a good play on the receiver. Maybe Gallup could have flattened his route a touch more to prevent the defender from cutting him off but his route wasn't that bad. Just a good play by the defender.

I would note that SF plays very solid inside 10 yards. They way to attack them is down the field. Maybe if Gallup faked the fade and turned upfield at full speed Dak could have thrown the fade but those 5 yard passes did not do the Cowboys much good all night.

And again, the OL, the starting 5, collapsed on Dak forcing the throw.

I watched SF against the Giants and Rams and I have to be honest, the did not play as well against those teams as they did against Dallas. It would not shock me if the Eagles take the 49ers down because they will run up the middle and take deep shots.
we needed motion to help get off the LOS in this game and did none.. it was a horrible gameplan only matched by DQ's gameplan on the other side of the ball.

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak certainly has his warts....but I told anyone who would listen that the WRs we have are not physical enough to run this offense. Neither are our RBs. It's comical that we are trying to run this offense with finesse playmakers.
Do they miss Noah Brown? I think they do in the running game. He was the best blocking WR on the team.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak certainly has his warts....but I told anyone who would listen that the WRs we have are not physical enough to run this offense. Neither are our RBs. It's comical that we are trying to run this offense with finesse playmakers.
you could be on to something, but then again I'm not sure we are seeing the offense they ran in camp, RPO's, motion, HB's doing more than saftey valves.. its head scratching..

SackMaster

Reaction score
Buddy. It was a 6-man blitz. The slot CB on the right side of the offense blitzed lmao.

I mean come on
100% correct. My bad.

And in that case it makes Dak's decision to throw to Gallup even worse since the corner that blitzed from the offensive right side was the only defender on that side of the field within 5 yards of those 3 receivers.

:banghead:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals.

It can both be true that Dak ain’t the guy AND that Gallup is done since the injury.

Tolbert needs more playing time and Gallup is cooked.

starman22

Reaction score
You guys better start getting this right, you have to blame all the other parts of the offense, then you can maybe say Dak might have only had a good game.

Remember, blame goes in any particular order:
WR
OL
RB
Playcaller
Our defense
and then Dak's name can legitimately be mentioned as being a small part of the issue

We will be seeing in the next few days whose fault the other 2 ints were.

Qcard

Reaction score
We’ve reached the spin cycle I see
That's usually what happens after the Grown Ups watch game Film....stops the Children from burning down the house because we have a leak in the roof year 5 into 30 year mortgage :lmao2: :lmao2:
Dak Haters need Therapy....losing isn't enough:lmao2::lmao2:

Steve007

Reaction score
That's usually what happens after the Grown Ups watch game Film....stops the Children from burning down the house because we have a leak in the roof year 5 into 30 year mortgage :lmao2: :lmao2:
Dak Haters need Therapy....losing isn't enough:lmao2::lmao2:
The roof has been leaking for 28 years.

NotForLong

Reaction score
That still boils down to money issues and top player cost projections. They didn't wish to be a repeat of the Rams team.
In which way . . . Like winning a Super Bowl . . . No you would never want to do that . . . That Rams team may beat them in 18 days

NotForLong

Reaction score
Hind sight is 20/20.
The other guy a professional athlete too....probably even a better athlete than you.
Dak should have never thrown the ball. There was an open receiver in the middle of field, near the 30 yard-line.
Seems like Dak had made up his mind to throw to Gallup before the snap.
Thi is pretty much what he does every snap . . . Hence the staring down a Receiver Flaw He has

NotForLong

Reaction score
Could he have copied Michael Irvin and just produced? And kept all respects also?
At the time Jerry was throwing the whole Wide Receiver Corps under the Bus and mostly quiet Amari spoke out . . . Badass Bing Badass Boom He gone

NotForLong

Reaction score
Looked to me like Gallup was being held.

Another part of this that went wrong was Zack Martin misread the stunt and was too slow to correct his mistake, else Dak wouldn't have had to rush the throw. Nice job overpaying him for no reason, Jerry.

Sturm needs to teach Kurt Warner how to put together a video analysis without using his phone laying on the desk.
Are you saying Zach is being over payed for no reason . . . or are you saying Dak is being over payed for No reason?

Because 1 is and the Other is a living legend

Jarntt

Reaction score
Oh FFS can we stop with this narrative that things aren’t Dak’s fault already. he 100% played like ****. Trying to find pieces of it to blame on someone else is just so annoying at this point. He needs to do better and that was not Gallups fault.