Twitter: Sturm: Jaylon Smith looked disinterested

Brooksey

Reaction score
There is a reason that LVE was late moving to the outside.

The Cowboys LBs have been getting boxed out from moving side to side on zone running plays by an OLineman coming out to block them.

This has been a problem since the Rams playoff game and is scheme related with regards to why an OL is in place to make that block.

Look at the image below and notice LVE, the OL coming to block him and the RB.

If LVE was more to the outside at the point shown in this image, the RB would cut back inside and the OL would box LVE out from getting back to the inside.

The 2nd image shows where LVE could have been if he had shot to the outside.
- I didn't move the OL but he likely would have been closer to LVE than shown if LVE was in that position.

It should be an easy tackle for LVE, yet ridiculously hard for Jaylon from mlb. LVE can’t hesitate out of his break and let backside tackle come across his face on a zone down block. Sean Lee makes that play 9 out of 10 times from LVE’s position. Lee can also make that play from Joe Thomas position

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
The answer is simple. The one gap system doesn't fit his playing style. He is not a thumper. He doesn't have the heart of a thumper. And a guy like that will get tired of taking on offensive linemen play after play. Which is exactly what the one gap system calls upon him to do.

If the DT's can keep the o'line off of him he'd play way better. But as you've noticed on that play the DT's are being pushed around by one on one blocks. So either the system has to go or the players have to go, because the players don't match the system.

And that ladies and gentlemen is on the coaching staff. The one gap system is on the coaching staff. Player acquisition is on the coaching staff. Because the coaches tell the scouts what to look for in a player.

Replace the coaches. Replace the system.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Wow, l was working and didn't get to see the game. That is just plain lazy. We've become Washington, where people go to get paid and let their career die.

Thank gawd our coaches immediately pulled him to make an example...

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I mean, has that never happened to anyone without dropfoot? Pretty sure it has.

But it happens much more often to players with drop foot. It's exactly the kind of problem you'd expect to see. Hence it constitutes evidence that the dropfoot is still a problem for Jaylon. Not a *guarantee*, but evidence in that direction.

dfense

Reaction score
That's the entire defense (really the entire team) for you. I think they are more involved and embedded with the idea of playing for the Cowboys rather than actually being a good player. He got paid as well, so that could be a tidbit of information thats relevant to this no effort theory. This is another sign of implosion within.

This entire team is nothing but a joke. I love it, but at the same time, I can't help but feel that this team is arrogant and a bunch of backstabbers. Yes, football is a business, but look at Zeke as an example. He wrote "go get that bag" on Cook's jersey after putting up the worst game of his career. Now this with Jaylon. Terrible. This team is also constantly focused on the wrong things. Black cats, hotboyz merch, looking good before the game, girls, partying, smoking, etc. What a joke.
The entire team sucks? Because they couldn't contain the leagues best back? Your posts are so void of any real insight. Same 'ol blanket whining about the same stuff over and over. Why don't you try posting without your man crush pictures taking up half the screen. Let me guess, you're picking the Lions today.

CB61

Reaction score
I swear Jaylon is the elephant in the room nobody really wants to address head on. It's not an injury issue with him, it's an effort issue. In a decade of watching Sean Lee play, I've never seen him make this type of piss poor effort on a play. For him to play like this immediately after getting a contract and getting a captainship is disgraceful. And no it's not just one play, we see this type of little resistance taking on blocks several times a game from him.

I've noticed that about him too in fact I think I asked the question if he was hurt again? Typical Jerry Jones contract extension get your money and go to crap example C Roy Williams Terence Newman Sensabaugh

CB61

Reaction score
But it happens much more often to players with drop foot. It's exactly the kind of problem you'd expect to see. Hence it constitutes evidence that the dropfoot is still a problem for Jaylon. Not a *guarantee*, but evidence in that direction.
I didn't see your post before I made mine below but that's what I was wondering I know a couple people that have job foot obviously they don't play football but they have continued to have problems with it even though doctors have said they've fixed it ?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The entire team sucks? Because they couldn't contain the leagues best back? Your posts are so void of any real insight. Same 'ol blanket whining about the same stuff over and over. Why don't you try posting without your man crush pictures taking up half the screen. Let me guess, you're picking the Lions today.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, eh? Coming for me over a post made days ago? Come on brother. Do better. Wake up with a smile :thumbup:.