CFZ Sturm was dead wrong about Dak Prescott

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You people are obsessed.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Dak played like garbage in Week 1. He’s been a good QB for most of his career. We’ll see how he responds when he gets healthy.

In the meantime, go Cooper Rush and go Cowboys!

That’s literally all there is to it.

Keep up the cult-ish behavior though. Your anti-Dak crusade depends on it!!!!!!!
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Actually he didn't. Where did you get this illusion from that he played "good" for most of his career? From beating up the below .500 teams?

I agree with the "in the meantime" part though. Cooper Rush isn't the answer to our QB struggles. Only too bad that Dak ain't either.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I think you haven't won much in your life because you gloat and take victory laps after the first quarter lol

For a refresher: (Bet is to winning more of these 5 categories)

2021: BOLD denotes Leader, Italics denotes tie.

Dak (16 games)- 68.8%, 4449 yards, 37 TDs, 10 Ints, 104.2 rating
Patty- (17 games) 66.3%, 4839, 37 Tds, 13 ints, 98.5 rating.

So as you can see, this isn't over yet and teams are just now figuring out they can clamp down on the KC weapons because they can't run by them consistently. Keep gloating.
We know, Ken.

They're going to figure out Mahomes anytime now :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Acceptablename

Reaction score
In the Atlantic, Sturm wrote an article entitled, “Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is 29, It is Time to Win.” Since we can’t post from that magazine as per the filter on this forum, I suggest you Google it and read it. The reality is Sturm has been the typical fanboy of Dak and he often took jabs at Romo at Dak’s expense. But even Sturm can’t make excuses anymore for Dak.

Sturm has been holding on for years the notion that Dak has been getting harshly criticized because Romo fans, since their boy Romk got the blame, they would make sure Dak got it worse, which is a crock of garbage, as the excuses for Romo were legitimate, while the excuses for Dak were not. In the August 12th article in the Atlantic Sturm basically says Dak is 29 and he no longer has excuses.

The main point I want to emphasize, and it’s clear to anybody reading it, what “the haters” were saying is true and that “teams figured the offense out”, though in reality is was, Dak is quite possibly the most over-rated player in NFL history. Sturm points out in weeks 1 to 8, Dallas was the most blitzed team in the league. After that, teams stopped bringing the pressure and Dak didn’t see the man coverage looks regularly, and the offense took a nosedive. They were the 22nd most blitzed team after week 8 when all was said and done. Dallas offense saw just as much cover 2 and cover 3 defenses as any other team from then on. The 49ers played zone defense as a staple and could get pressure without bringing extra rushers and we all know how bad Dak looked. If it weren’t for JG almost giving them the game with one of his typical awful INTs he is known for that essentially gave Dallas the ball in scoring position the game would have been a complete blowout. Even Sturm admits the wins in the last half of the season were against bums and Eagles junior varsity team and were empty calories, per how on words.

Facts are we’ve been saying Dak sucks against zone coverage, to the point he becomes a mediocrity. What masked his warts against zone is his lack of risk-taking so he resorts to short dump offs and check-downs which use to keep the INTs down. He’s “mentally weak” as a QB. He’s been getting away with it, because teams were forced to bring pressure because of how good the OL and RG were. I was saying I don’t even know why defenses do it do much even during those days, because the data was always there. Dak is horrible at anticipating his WRs getting open and can’t process the whole field. He goes into a shell against and takes the check-down. Teams use to give way too much respect to the OL and RG to the point they made it much easier for Dak to look better than he actually was with all the explosive talent he has around him.

What do people expect Moore to do? Sturm even admitted it’s the same trend with Dak with each year, including blaming the coaches. He said what we said, which is the same red zone issues pop up and his performance of third down is abysmal. He also basically said the “young and developing QB” excuse no longer holds.

I mean yeah, this owner is dysfunctional and nothing signals dysfunction more than making Dak your franchise QB. So we can admit that Jerry Jones is a buffoon, but we can also admit Dak exemplifies the buffoonery of Jerry. We can also admit that Sturm was dead wrong about his boy Dak Prescott.
Your a good writer clear in thought but I’d say it was understandable why FO got behind Dak considering the way he handled his rookie campaign

Ken

Reaction score
Dak's only played 3 quarters of football and has more INTS than Mahomes this season :lmao::lmao:
Dak only played 3 quarters of football.

Could have stopped there.

Only two of these categories are hurt by him not playing. May want to keep this in mind when prematurely gloating.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This really is a make or break season for Dak.
I was so disappointed in his week one performance.
I really hope he either turns it around or stinks.
Being average would be the worse possible scenario.

Agree 100%........there is NO EXCUSE for week one performance. Blame play calling, receivers, or whatever but the fact is he had all camp to clean it up. Just pure speculation here but I'm starting to wonder if the pressure getting to him. By that I mean, the expectation of a Cowboy QB, $40M contract, social media and perhaps some internal things we don't know about. JMO

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the Atlantic, Sturm wrote an article entitled, “Cowboys QB Dak Prescott is 29, It is Time to Win.” Since we can’t post from that magazine as per the filter on this forum, I suggest you Google it and read it. The reality is Sturm has been the typical fanboy of Dak and he often took jabs at Romo at Dak’s expense. But even Sturm can’t make excuses anymore for Dak.

Sturm has been holding on for years the notion that Dak has been getting harshly criticized because Romo fans, since their boy Romk got the blame, they would make sure Dak got it worse, which is a crock of garbage, as the excuses for Romo were legitimate, while the excuses for Dak were not. In the August 12th article in the Atlantic Sturm basically says Dak is 29 and he no longer has excuses.

The main point I want to emphasize, and it’s clear to anybody reading it, what “the haters” were saying is true and that “teams figured the offense out”, though in reality is was, Dak is quite possibly the most over-rated player in NFL history. Sturm points out in weeks 1 to 8, Dallas was the most blitzed team in the league. After that, teams stopped bringing the pressure and Dak didn’t see the man coverage looks regularly, and the offense took a nosedive. They were the 22nd most blitzed team after week 8 when all was said and done. Dallas offense saw just as much cover 2 and cover 3 defenses as any other team from then on. The 49ers played zone defense as a staple and could get pressure without bringing extra rushers and we all know how bad Dak looked. If it weren’t for JG almost giving them the game with one of his typical awful INTs he is known for that essentially gave Dallas the ball in scoring position the game would have been a complete blowout. Even Sturm admits the wins in the last half of the season were against bums and Eagles junior varsity team and were empty calories, per how on words.

Facts are we’ve been saying Dak sucks against zone coverage, to the point he becomes a mediocrity. What masked his warts against zone is his lack of risk-taking so he resorts to short dump offs and check-downs which use to keep the INTs down. He’s “mentally weak” as a QB. He’s been getting away with it, because teams were forced to bring pressure because of how good the OL and RG were. I was saying I don’t even know why defenses do it do much even during those days, because the data was always there. Dak is horrible at anticipating his WRs getting open and can’t process the whole field. He goes into a shell against and takes the check-down. Teams use to give way too much respect to the OL and RG to the point they made it much easier for Dak to look better than he actually was with all the explosive talent he has around him.

What do people expect Moore to do? Sturm even admitted it’s the same trend with Dak with each year, including blaming the coaches. He said what we said, which is the same red zone issues pop up and his performance of third down is abysmal. He also basically said the “young and developing QB” excuse no longer holds.

I mean yeah, this owner is dysfunctional and nothing signals dysfunction more than making Dak your franchise QB. So we can admit that Jerry Jones is a buffoon, but we can also admit Dak exemplifies the buffoonery of Jerry. We can also admit that Sturm was dead wrong about his boy Dak Prescott.
Another Dak fan boy on twitter.....next, please!!!!

Nav22

Reaction score
Actually he didn't. Where did you get this illusion from that he played "good" for most of his career? From beating up the below .500 teams?

I agree with the "in the meantime" part though. Cooper Rush isn't the answer to our QB struggles. Only too bad that Dak ain't either.
Prior to this season, NFL coaches, players, execs and scouts were polled on QBs, and they all ranked Dak as a top 10 QB.

That’s the world I live in, and that’s where the “illusion” comes from.

Keep living in an alternate reality, Culty.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Kellen Moore, but he's in a tough spot having to revolve an offense around such a limited QB.

Dak can no longer rely on a dominant OL or run game or loaded WR corps, partly because he's taking up 20% of the team's salary space himself.

And now, defenses know exactly how to beat him.

Again, very tough spot for Moore to be in.

I respect Sturm for admitting he may have been wrong about Dak. That takes some maturity (way more than many on this board have).

Sturm didnt admit he was wrong. The OP said he was.

exciter

Reaction score
Too bad a large contingency of this board can't see it!
It’s irrelevant what this board thinks. Dak is the QB for this team at minimum through next season. There simply isn’t a reasonable way to walk out on that contract until. The push by some that Rush is the better QB and gives them a better chance to win is just silly and that should be obvious to anyone watching without letting their agenda get in the way. At this point it shouldn’t be weather Dak gets his position back (he will) but wether or not he gets an extension after next season and will they have they have a legitimate replacement if not!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No doubt I gave a more m negative impression, but like I said, Sturm has been making excuses for Dak this whole time, while bashing Rono prior. Even in this articles, he takes a jab at Romo fans like I said. While doing it, he basically admits that it’s possible that Dak’s personality made him less of a critic than he should have been. That’s basically saying you defended Dak, though he had clear warts in his game at a time everybody and their mother was beginning to see it.

He's a likable player that beat the odds. It's interesting how his rookie year laid the egg for where he is now.......QB with a $40M per contract trying to meet the 2016 expectations of fans.

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a hater, but I believe Dak has regressed significantly against zone coverages.

He gets visibly confused when secondaries drop back into zones. He is flustered and panicked.

Unless I just forgot about it, I don't remember him being as frazzled against zone coverages in years 2-4.

The Jon Kita effect? Kitna is gone and Dak has gotten worse ever since?

I like Dak the person, and he has some good QB attributes, but he's fatally flawed for the reasons you described. Jerry has Barnum and Bailey'd us making Dak into a star QB and the unwashed masses go along with it so Jerry has no monetary reason to change his formula. Personally I'm sick of this dysfunction, trying to enjoy their minor victories knowing they're not getting over this hump anytime soon.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak only played 3 quarters of football.

Could have stopped there.

Only two of these categories are hurt by him not playing. May want to keep this in mind when prematurely gloating.
Why should I stop? You made the bet. Own it. Soak it in.

Dak - 48.3% (YIKES), 134 yards, 0 TDs, 1 Ints, 47.2 rating (YIKES again)
Patty- 70.0%, 595 yards, 7 Tds, 0 ints, 127.9 rating.

Not looking good for you, Ken.

RS12

Reaction score
Okay. I am a known Dak skeptic and make no bones about it. My all time favorite come back from "the cult of Dak" is you don't football as they are bailing water from the boat. Well I know this going on 7 years and one playoff win later, when the lights are bright this guy shrinks. Some of em finally caught on after the floater he left in the bowl against the 49ers that he ain't it. Ask him to win from the pocket against a good defense and he can't. I know, I know "but his stats". I also know in a few weeks it will be "but his thumb".