Sucky time to be a DFW sports fan

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Easy cure - Don't watch anymore and admit you're just a fair weather fan. It's easy to be a fan when your team(s) are winning, but we also get to see just how much of a fan people are when your team(s) aren't winning. The later is much harder but it's also very telling.

Oh stop. You don't get extra points for waving your pom poms around and wearing a cheerleader skirt and calling others who have a beef 'fair weather fans'. Calling out your teams for prolonged failures does not mean you are fair weather. 20+ years of nothing is a huge block of time. With no end in sight with our incompetent front office and owner. Not to mention our JV coaching staff.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Dallas business owners are NOT committed to winning like, let's say Boston's owners. That's the difference.

erod

Reaction score
They might be gaining ground but San Antonio is still #2 Cowboy market and Austin is a predominantly college town with the Longhorns.

I’m in Austin regularly and still see much more of a Cowboy presence than Texans.

Among our crowd, yes. But the under-25 crowd are Texans fans.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
They might be gaining ground but San Antonio is still #2 Cowboy market and Austin is a predominantly college town with the Longhorns.

I’m in Austin regularly and still see much more of a Cowboy presence than Texans.

Here in Louisiana where I live the perennial doormat Saints team is now a contending team most every year. But I still see far more Cowboys shirts, hats, bumper stickers, license plates (don't have front vehicle plates in LA so you can put whatever you want on the front of the vehicle) and so forth than Saints gear. It takes a while to build up a big fan base, and can take just as long to tear it down.

But though I don't worry about it, some might be, and can be, worried that if the Cowboys continue to play up and down football for much longer, the old fans like me will die off, the bandwagon fans from the Romo years will leave and there will be no Landry or Johnson or Romo to "pump up" the fans. Dak, even though he was born and grew up in Louisiana, from what I've seen and heard doesn't really excite a lot of Cowboys fans, he's popular but it's like "yeah he is okay but he's no Roger/Romo (yes, few are, I know, but still).

That might change, winning can do that ;)

Gameover

Reaction score
As we stand today, a 7-9 caliber football team the

I hate this guy, but 7-9 is the vibes I’m feeling as well.

Early in the offseason I was a solid 11-5 but then the Garrett factor hit and I haven’t been able to shake it... same vibes I had at this time in 2010 abt Wade Phillips

I think this is the year it all comes crashing down on Garrett.

This team needs a new voice

A real head coach

At least the decade + of the Garrett era will FINALLY be over!

Sorry Igit

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
I hate this guy, but 7-9 is the vibes I’m feeling as well.

Early in the offseason I was a solid 11-5 but then Garrett factor reigned down on me...

This team needs a new voice

A real head coach

At least the decade + of the Garrett era will FINALLY be over!

Sorry Igit
You hate me?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Don't see that, Jason is Jerry's hand-picked guy, for Jason to fail it means Jerry failed, and he's loathe to admit that. Will take another set of Campo years for Jerry to get Jason out of there, and even then, it will probably be like Kiffin, he'll be kicked "upstairs" until he's out of the public eye and then "non-renewed"...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Here in Louisiana where I live the perennial doormat Saints team is now a contending team most every year. But I still see far more Cowboys shirts, hats, bumper stickers, license plates (don't have front vehicle plates in LA so you can put whatever you want on the front of the vehicle) and so forth than Saints gear. It takes a while to build up a big fan base, and can take just as long to tear it down.

But though I don't worry about it, some might be, and can be, worried that if the Cowboys continue to play up and down football for much longer, the old fans like me will die off, the bandwagon fans from the Romo years will leave and there will be no Landry or Johnson or Romo to "pump up" the fans. Dak, even though he was born and grew up in Louisiana, from what I've seen and heard doesn't really excite a lot of Cowboys fans, he's popular but it's like "yeah he is okay but he's no Roger/Romo (yes, few are, I know, but still).

There’s much Apathy towards the Cowboys but we still have 2 generations of fans from championship eras. It’s going to take at least a couple more decades and these generations dying off before this core of Cowboys fan base is detoriated greatly .

It’s going to happen much after my lifetime without more success but I’d be just fine if the Cowboys become more of just a local team than America’s Team.

erod

Reaction score
There’s much Apathy towards the Cowboys but we still have 2 generations of fans from championship eras. It’s going to take at least a couple more decades and these generations dying off before this core of Cowboys fan base is detoriated greatly .

It’s going to happen much after my lifetime without more success but I’d be just fine if the Cowboys become more of just a local team than America’s Team.

It has been tough watching the Cowboys transition from the exemplary standard of the NFL to a Vaudeville punchline.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It has been tough watching the Cowboys transition from the exemplary standard of the NFL to a Vaudeville punchline.
It is what it is. I’m sure it’s tougher with the investment you have.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

Same here in NC, It is more Boys and Steelers than the Panthers.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Easy cure - Don't watch anymore and admit you're just a fair weather fan. It's easy to be a fan when your team(s) are winning, but we also get to see just how much of a fan people are when your team(s) aren't winning. The later is much harder but it's also very telling.

Yea calling a Dallas Cowboys fan a fair weather fan kinda lost bite 15 years ago. I mean really...what “fair weather” are you referring to?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Among our crowd, yes. But the under-25 crowd are Texans fans.
I’m not seeing it but I’m not around that age group much. The ones I am are mostly Cowboy fans. As a matter of fact I see more of other teams infiltrating outside of this market with all of the influx of people moving to Texas.

Austin has always gravitated more to any team with Longhorn players like with Earl and Oilers & Vince and Titans. Shoot in Waco they were gravitating to Commanders when RG3 was there.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very simple, turn off the TV. Seriously the remote is a great invention

football-remote.jpeg
That may be easier said than done. Addiction can be hard to break. Just ask Randy Gregory.