Sucky time to be a DFW sports fan

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't say that, I was addressing his post about the pissin' and moanin' of the fans and you've been leading the parade against Booger. Just because some complain doesn't make them less of a fan anymore than one that is Pollyanna about the team is more of a fan.
I agree and didn’t say you did. Your post just spurred my thought. It’s all good

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Mavs are horrible, kept their powder too dry, now they got nothing to shoot at

Rangers haven't done anything in 50 years and seem to be in tank mode.

Sigh

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I think Cuban is worse than Jerry right now. And he doesn't have the Cowboys brand and Jerry's reputation to fall back on. The sexual misconduct stuff under his watch makes him look very bad too.

Rangers are gonna be terrible for awhile but they do need that new stadium, even though the current ballpark isn't old at all. When you play baseball during the Texas summers, you need a retractable roof. I think that's why they've never been able to have consistently great pitching because those arms get worn out during those 100 degree summer months.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The context of the discussion was about whether the Cowboys are a 7-9 team, and if they are better than the Giants and Skins they likely will be a winning team.

Yeah that was "your" context of the discussion! Not the thread. Don't act like what you are re-routing to everybody else has to follow.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that was "your" context of the discussion! Not the thread. Don't act like what you are re-routing to everybody else has to follow.

That comment is comical given that the OP referred to Dallas as a 7-9 team, and the interaction between you and me started with you saying you can see the Cowboys being a 7-9 team. The memory must truly be the first to go ...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
lol -

That comment is comical given that the OP called Dallas a 7-9 team, and the discussion with you and me started with you saying you can see the Cowboys being a 7-9 team. The memory must truly be the first to go ...

Yeah because we were all talking about the Commanders and giants! Yeah memory does leave......you!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah because we were all talking about the Commanders and giants! Yeah memory does leave......you!

The comments about the Commanders and Giants were within the same context. You are pretending the context isn't even there. Maybe it's the word "context" you are struggling with.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
The comments about the Commanders and Giants were within the same context. You are pretending the context isn't even there. Maybe it's the word "context" you are struggling with.

No I think you are scraping the bottom of the barrell!

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Cuban has bigger problems than just the Mavs poor season, he's facing sexual harassment charges.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Never liked Cuban either. The original owner Don Carter a class act. And should have bought the Cowboys. His bid was higher than Jerry’s.

Jake0

Reaction score
Mavs will be fine in 2 years with a big rise in record next year. They are tanking hard for a top 5 pick and will have cap space to sign a big dog. DSJ paired with a top 5 pick and another big FA, they'll be fine.

Cowboys on the other hand..... better get that head coaching situation rectified, already wasted the "cheap years" of the OL. Now they are all off their rookie deals and getting paid big time. Huge chunk of cap space going to be tied up to the OL when it was almost nothing before. Good drafting of pro bowl talent to keep other position groups cheap while a huge chunk is getting sent to the OL is critical. Imo if the head coaching situation isn't changed they'll waste the prime years of perhaps the best OL in the post-salary cap era.

J817

Reaction score
It's disgusting man.

Stars will be the first team in the salary cap era to miss the playoffs after having 80 pts at the 60 game mark. Epic collapse for a team that has been a sexy pick for the cup the last few seasons.

The Rangers are a hot mess. Beltre will be gone soon and they are about to leave one of the best ballparks in baseball....for what exactly?

Mavs are in disarray. Dirk will be gone soon and the team can't tank right. Free agents are allergic to us.

Jordan Speith is struggling. Even the local high school teams have lost their dominance on the state stage.

For heavy construction that will terrorize my commute on a daily basis until the thing is done.

J817

Reaction score
Mavs are horrible, kept their powder too dry, now they got nothing to shoot at

Rangers haven't done anything in 50 years and seem to be in tank mode.

Sigh

Mavs played the end of their bench tonight against the Magic so it appears like they are finally getting it.

I see no hope for the Rangers right now. Hamels, Beltre and Choo isn’t going to bring any great prospects this way imo. The only hope is to pray the young guys on the team improves though I would try to trade Odor now while he has value.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
Don't place all your eggs in one basket! Cowboys, Astros, Spurs! In that order! Repping the entire state, BUT, GO COWBOYS!!!!