Sugar Bowl - LSU vs ND

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
hank2k;1286214 said:
I want Miles as our next HC. Also the Boise State guy and Bob Petrino.If ND had pulled the upset I would have wanted Weis. Why? Because it is the last thing I saw on television.

Whoever wins next mondays natl title game I also want as our next head coach, especially if he waves his fist in the air and gets his guys "fired up".

:laugh2: :bow:

Thanks for perfectly verbalizing a phenomenon I was trying to put my finger on.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Seven;1286237 said:
What'd you think he was gonna do against LSU? 30-35, 390 yds and 8 TD's?
He doesn't have the cast to do any better than he did, IMO.

Forget the cast.

The cast made him throw high and wide all game?

I dont think so.

Aikbach

Reaction score
dre1614;1286224 said:
Les Miles is one cocky and arrogant coach.

Can he handle the failures of the NFL? because every coach goes through it
Could he possibly be anymore arrogant than Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells? It takes an ego to aspire to come that far.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31;1286191 said:
Oddly enough, ND's last bowl victory was 12 years ago against Texas A&M. :banghead:

Don't feel bad...their last National Championship was against WVU...one of the reasons I hate them.:banghead:

And I have to thank LSU for beating ND, not just because I hate ND, because Notre Dame took over the most consecutive bowl loss record with 9.

WVU was tied with the Gamecocks with 8....thankfully Rodriguez has started to turn that around for us as we have won the last two by defeating Georgia last year in the Sugarbowl and Georgia Tech this year in the Gator Bowl.

On a side note...Notre Dame should have NEVER been in that bowl game to start with...the only reason they got in was because the bowl people knew they would sell tickets.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
hank2k;1286214 said:
I want Miles as our next HC. Also the Boise State guy and Bob Petrino.If ND had pulled the upset I would have wanted Weis. Why? Because it is the last thing I saw on television.

Whoever wins next mondays natl title game I also want as our next head coach, especially if he waves his fist in the air and gets his guys "fired up".

That's pretty funny right there! :laugh2:

royhitshard

Reaction score
hank2k;1286214 said:

:hammer: Perfectly stated! It is amazing how a lot of people on this board want the Cowboys' new coach to be the one they just watched. This has become known as the flavor of the night!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
royhitshard;1286541 said:
:hammer: Perfectly stated! It is amazing how a lot of people on this board want the Cowboys' new coach to be the one they just watched. This has become known as the flavor of the night!

Well I think it is a tad silly in the Broncos Coaching situation...seeing as the guy just became a HC and was the OC before that.

With the other names (weiss, Petrino and Miles) many have seen them coach for some time.

Weiss with the Pats, Petrino in college( for those that have seen card games) and with Miles with OSU and now LSU.

Those name many or at least enough people have seen.

The Coach for the broncos I would imagine only a handful of people have seen and forget that the Broncos old coach left to coach at Colorado.

Weiss has pro Exp with the pats and many think he was a big part of the pats offensive success and with brady.

Petrino has done a good job at a lower school and seems to put a good offensive system on the field.

Les Miles may be the underdog but IMO when a coach can make a smaller team, like OSU, competitive in a good conference, then continue to have success in a bigger school in a better conference there seems to be some good things going one and he should get some credit...same with Jim Tressell at Ohio state.

Now I get what the original poster is say, some of these people are just posting the flavor of the month, however in some cases these could be legit candidates and even if they are not they are pretty good coaches.

royhitshard

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1286550 said:
Well I think it is a tad silly in the Broncos Coaching situation...seeing as the guy just became a HC and was the OC before that.

With the other names (weiss, Petrino and Miles) many have seen them coach for some time.

Weiss with the Pats, Petrino in college( for those that have seen card games) and with Miles with OSU and now LSU.

Those name many or at least enough people have seen.

The Coach for the broncos I would imagine only a handful of people have seen and forget that the Broncos old coach left to coach at Colorado.

Weiss has pro Exp with the pats and many think he was a big part of the pats offensive success and with brady.

Petrino has done a good job at a lower school and seems to put a good offensive system on the field.

Les Miles may be the underdog but IMO when a coach can make a smaller team, like OSU, competitive in a good conference, then continue to have success in a bigger school in a better conference there seems to be some good things going one and he should get some credit...same with Jim Tressell at Ohio state.

Now I get what the original poster is say, some of these people are just posting the flavor of the month, however in some cases these could be legit candidates and even if they are not they are pretty good coaches.

I agree. I am not saying they are not good coaches, or they would not have success, I just find it funny how every name is thrown out when they win. Weiss has proven himself in the NFL as a OC. Miles definitely had success with OSU in beating OU, but didn't always win the gimmies. He is playing with Saban's recuits at LSU, but I am sure he will have success when he gets his own.

I think the Cowboy's need a yound firey coach to jump start them. It will be interesting to watch.