Sugar Bowl - LSU vs ND

jimmy40

Reaction score
Aikbach;1286114 said:
Les Miles is embarassing Charlie Weiss. He is giving me confidence he would be good blood as Parcells successor.
What has he done that would make you think he's ready for the biggest coaching job in all of football if not all of sports?

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Terry and Howie are funny and genuinely seem to be enjoying themselves, I like it.

Also-

Firestorm-Brennendes-Inferno_92__262262_20.jpg

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
well theres the play from Landry that people wanted although granted it was set up easily for him... Quinn looking horrible when he isnt playing the cupcake teams like army and navy. haha

jimmy40

Reaction score
BAZ;1286123 said:
Terry and Howie are funny and genuinely seem to be enjoying themselves, I like it.

Also-

Firestorm-Brennendes-Inferno_92__262262_20.jpg
If Notre Dame is going to continue to be allowed to be an independent they should have to be in the top five with no more than one loss to be in a BCS game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I just found Brady Quinn's birth certificate...it confirms what I already knew......

His birthname is Manning.

Brady Manning just can't get it done in big games.....Got owned against Michigan, USC, and now LSU......I guess he is definitely gonna jump to the NFL...he better, or his stock is gonna plummet big time if he stays for his Senior year (especially when he gets owned again by Michigan, USC, and in the Bowl Game).....

See you in the NFL Brady Manning.....

Aikbach

Reaction score
jimmy40;1286122 said:
What has he done that would make you think he's ready for the biggest coaching job in all of football if not all of sports?
What makes any man ready for that job?

He has NFL experience, he's taken two successful programs from two very competitive conferences and taken them to bowls including BCS ones these past two years.

He's a former Cowboy assistant with a friendship already with Jerry Jones.

Why not?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hostile;1285994 said:
Senior Bowl and Combine will slide him right back up the scale guys. I know some hate to hear that.

he'll probably end up the #1 pick, but he's gonna be extremely overdrafted if that does end up the case

Brady Quinn is NOT an elite prospect...he is a decent prospect in whats probably going to be a very bad QB draft..

his accuracy and arm strength are average at best

I really thought he might emerge as a blue chip QB prospect after last season, but unless he is playing through some season long arm/shoulder injury we dont know about, he has regressed badly

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1286132 said:
Please, dont insult the Mannings by comparing this scrub to them.

dont you mean "Manning"

because Quinn reminds me alot of the lousy Manning in New York

David

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Biggems;1286127 said:
I just found Brady Quinn's birth certificate...it confirms what I already knew......

His birthname is Manning.

Brady Manning just can't get it done in big games.....Got owned against Michigan, USC, and now LSU......I guess he is definitely gonna jump to the NFL...he better, or his stock is gonna plummet big time if he stays for his Senior year (especially when he gets owned again by Michigan, USC, and in the Bowl Game).....

See you in the NFL Brady Manning.....

RLMAO.

Though I've been critical of Quinn, was that INT his fault? Looked like it should have easily been caught.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
You mean the same Mannings who have been all hype, but can't win a big game to save their lives?

BTW, I am a fan of Peyton...but he is a choke artist extraordinaire

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
BTW i have really been impressed with the job that Bradshaw has done in the booth. the guy acts like a clown at times in the studio in their pregrame shows but he has shown to be very intelligent about football and i would love to see him regularly in the booth!!! he's been funny and brought intelligence to the broadcast today.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Aikbach;1286129 said:
What makes any man ready for that job?

He has NFL experience, he's taken two successful programs from two very competitive conferences and taken them to bowls including BCS ones these past two years.

He's a former Cowboy assistant with a friendship already with Jerry Jones.

Why not?
He wasn't that great at Okie State and this is Saban's team. Let him win something first.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Da Hammer;1286138 said:
BTW i have really been impressed with the job that Bradshaw has done in the booth. the guy acts like a clown at times in the studio in their pregrame shows but he has shown to be very intelligent about football and i would love to see him regularly in the booth!!! he's been funny and brought intelligence to the broadcast today.

Agreed. I also like Howie. They make a good team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jimmy40;1286139 said:
He wasn't that great at Okie State and this is Saban's team. Let him win something first.

he is winning...

and he beat Stoops a couple times or so while at Oklahoma State didnt he? and that was with an undermanned team...he won 8 or 9 games at Ok State a few times...he has college and pro experience too

I'm not saying the guy will be the next Jimmy Johnson or anything, but he is just as qualified as some of these other names people keep throwing out there

David

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
jimmy40;1286139 said:

He has to work with what he's got and he's done a pretty good job (in reference to this being Saban's team)

Whoever takes over after Parcells will bve working with Parcell's players. I dont care who puts the team together as long as they win.

If another coach wins a superbowl with the team Parcells puts together, I will be just as happy with that trophy.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
T-New41;1286147 said:
He has to work with what he's got and he's done a pretty good job (in reference to this being Saban's team)

Whoever takes over after Parcells will bve working with Parcell's players. I dont care who puts the team together as long as they win.

If another coach wins a superbowl with the team Parcells puts together, I will be just as happy with that trophy.
He might've had to start with Saban's team, but Saban left him a ton of talent. IMO, LSU is the 2nd best team in the country. They outplayed Auburn and LSU, but made silly mistakes and gave those games away. There are a bunch of guys we're watching tonight that will be drafted, mostly from LSU.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I have the game on in the background, and admittedly am not paying much attention, but has ND even had the ball in this game? Seems like all I hear is Russel this, Bowe that, etc.