Sugar Bowl

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3783473 said:
Seriously dude...Whatever.

Oh c'mon... you know you got the ultimate pass..

Those guys should have never been playing in this game...

I always respected Tressell until he let them play... and I know he has to answer to the alumni, so I will give him a pass at this point...

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
trickblue;3783480 said:

I always respected Tressell until he let them play... and I know he has to answer to the alumni, so I will give him a pass at this point...

I don't know how many ways I can say it...I don't care.

The NCAA made their decision...period.

I agree with Tressel

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3783471 said:
Whatever dude...if Arkansas had won you'd be in here crowing.

They didn't...so you're butt hurt.

I understand.

..and if Arkansas had players who violated rules set by the NCAA as the OSU players did, but let them play in the bowl game because the Arkansas players "weren't properly schooled on the rules of the NCAA" you'd be in here right now pissing and moaning like a schoolgirl.

Of course you'll deny it.. but we know. ;)

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3783487 said:

I agree with Tressel

For someone who doesn't care you're certainly very defensive about it. :D

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3783489 said:
..and if Arkansas had players who violated rules set by the NCAA as the OSU players did, but let them play in the bowl game because the Arkansas players "weren't properly schooled on the rules of the NCAA" you'd be in here right now pissing and moaning like a schoolgirl.

RoyTheHammer;3783492 said:

Seriously?

WOW

Good God...I think I've made myself clear.

GO BUCKS!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3783487 said:

I agree with Tressel

Dez says "Hey"...

RoyTheHammer;3783489 said:

Oh yes he would have...

RoyTheHammer;3783492 said:

Yep... he knows... but he's a proud homersexual...

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
The Emperor;3783366 said:
I was thinking 'til the rest of the week. Fair enough?

ConcordCowboy;3783369 said:
No...I think a month will do.

Since you answered after the fact.

:D

And get rid of the commentary in the sig.

Just kidding by the way...rest of the week is fine.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My thoughts.

If the kids were suspended, they shouldn't have been playing. It was a selfish thing to do on Ohio State's part and the NCAA shouldn't have let them do it.

I'm no Ohio State fan and generally would have preferred the Razorbacks to win, except their head coach is that classless dirt-bag Bobby Petrino. My feelings for him and what he did in Atlanta boarder on my feeling for Steve Jobs. I wish him to lose every game he is a part of.

None of Arkansas' WRs shouldn't even think about applying for the NFL draft. Catching the ball is a requirement in the NFL. Something they obviously can't do watching last nights game. I've never seen so many balls bounce off a WRs hands or hit them right between the numbers and still not catch the ball in a single game. Mallett should have put a dart on the nose of the ball and stuck it in their chest.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
peplaw06;3783463 said:
Good lord. You act like you just won the BCS title. Oops.

It was a meaningless Sugar Bowl against probably the 4th best team in the SEC.

That's how Ohio State fans are.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;3783480 said:

:fact:

The Emperor

Marcus Aurelius Maximus
Reaction score
ConcordCowboy;3783638 said:
Just kidding by the way...rest of the week is fine.

Do I have to get rid of the commentary though? I really think it would have been a different ball game if our receivers made some key catches earlier in the game.

And let me ask you this: did you think the referees were a little lax on pass interference? I thought they were. To me, it looked like the secondary on both sides could get away with a lot of shoving.

And that frickin' Terrelle Pryor was hard to catch. It was like watching vintage McNabb versus our old 4-3 Cowboys defenses.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Pryor’s acts expose charade of college athletics
By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports

Terrelle “The Truth” Pryor is my favorite college football player and it isn’t just the way the Ohio State quarterback can shred defenses.

Pryor is a godsend to anyone who believes the business of college athletics is little more than a smoke-and-mirror show of situational ethics, selective enforcement and tightly controlled public relations designed to dodge taxes and make millionaires out of administrators.

Perhaps no player has ever exposed the system and its handlers more clearly than Pryor leading into Tuesday’s Sugar Bowl against Arkansas. He may not have consciously planned to do what he’s doing – although I suspect he has a clue – but he’s become a WikiLeaks in shoulder pads; a “30 For 30” special in real time.

When he isn’t violating some NCAA rule, he’s shining a light on the absurdity of how the sport’s power players managed to rewrite said rule so its cash flow could continue unabated. Each Pryor quote seems to prompt the system to respond in some bumbling, embarrassing way that only makes things worse.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-pryor010311

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No fan of OSU and was hoping the Hogs would take them down. OSU however proved they were the better team and deserves the credit for a well played game. I take nothing away from the job they did. Congratulation to the Buckeyes

jimmy40

Reaction score
so if all these guys don't return to OSU next year what will Tressel say?

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;3783480 said:

Auburn is getting the ultimate pass and has a great shot at winning the NCG because of it. Newton being cleared of all wrongdoing is much worse than the pettiness of the OSU issues.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cythim;3783901 said:
Auburn is getting the ultimate pass and has a great shot at winning the NCG because of it. Newton being cleared of all wrongdoing is much worse than the pettiness of the OSU issues.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Cythim;3783901 said:
I don't think anyone has disputed that. It just goes more to my overarching point.

The only reason we haven't discussed that is because this is the Sugar Bowl thread.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3783977 said:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

peplaw06;3783994 said:
I don't think anyone has disputed that. It just goes more to my overarching point.

The only reason we haven't discussed that is because this is the Sugar Bowl thread.

I was responding to his comment on OSU getting the "ultimate pass"

Being given a NCG bid with a player who should be suspended is more "ultimate" than a meaningless bowl game. I actually see no problem with letting them play in the bowl game because it is meaningless. Why suspend players for what amounts to an exhibition game?