Sullivan and Helman on the Holding Calls

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
What is interesting is that Tank made that statement and the League did not fine him. Which they usually do when someone specifically criticizes the officials.
Well, they still can

I would be surprised if he didn’t get hit with a $25K

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eh, I think he's much more pro Cowboys because of his relationships with the coaches and old staff. He won't say what's truly on his mind because of this whereas the rest don't really care

He's a shill. That's been an established fact for years. One of the biggest homers in Cowboys history.

A nice guy, but his bias makes every show he's on worse, not better.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Did anyone look at the breakdown link Helman provided? Maybe I am not reading it correctly but there several teams that have not received many holding calls. I was hoping to see a much larger gap between Dallas and the other teams.

Accepted Holding calls

NE: 9
GB: 9
Det: 9
Car: 9
NO: 8
Min: 8
Ten: 8
Phl: 7
Dal: 6

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
IMO... the non-calls against Cowboys opponents is only half the story. The ticky tack calls against some of our guys is the other half.

I’m fine with the refs letting them play ball— just be consistent both ways. It’s the appearance of hypocrisy and biased officiating that irks me the most

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Oh God. That one was unforgivably obvious, too. Two guys choked him to the ground. You're bringing up some bad memories!

That's not what I saw on that play. From a still I get why people think that. From the video, not at all. It's nothing like ones we've seen this year, and I'd be upset if Dallas got called for what GB did on that play.

I was upset at other non-calls against GB that game, however.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Helman is far from a company man. They're all allowed to speak their minds on DC.com...the only 'company man' is Micky.

The Break consistently talk about how poor the playcalling has been which includes their boss, Derek Eagleton.

I phrased that badly, I wasn't calling those two shills. My point is that they are generally on the side of the Cowboys but aren't going for shock value or click bait like a Skip Bayless or SAS.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Goodell should fear for his life during the draft next year.

I'd bet anything 8 more holding calls = one more win.

And that's just the average, in reality this dline deserves more holding calls than any team in the league (25+).
Me and you getting ROWDY at the draft!! Lol.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I phrased that badly, I wasn't calling those two shills. My point is that they are generally on the side of the Cowboys but aren't going for shock value or click bait like a Skip Bayless or SAS.
Oh right, then I agree for sure. They wouldn't even acknowledge it if they didn't see something there

mmohican29

Reaction score
That's not what I saw on that play. From a still I get why people think that. From the video, not at all. It's nothing like ones we've seen this year, and I'd be upset if Dallas got called for what GB did on that play.

I was upset at other non-calls against GB that game, however.

Confused.

A "sleeper" choke-from behind is egregious holding at any level of football.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Confused.

A "sleeper" choke-from behind is egregious holding at any level of football.

Except there wasn't a sleeper choke from behind. The center did more of an turnstile that looked like a sleeper choke if you had a still from certain angles. But he didn't really restrict Irving at all. Irving got plastered to the ground by the guy coming in from the side.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The worst was that non-holding call against the Skins a couple of weeks ago. Crawford clearly beat his man and TWO Skins O-Linemen held him at the same time...right in front of the ref and no flag was called.

YR

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
The worst was that non-holding call against the Skins a couple of weeks ago. Crawford clearly beat his man and TWO Skins O-Linemen held him at the same time...right in front of the ref and no flag was called.

YR
I think the Chargers scrum where all of their linemen tackled their guy at once or the three facemasks against Dak were the epitome. Sad that you can make a list of screwjobs and not even include the Zeke travesty.

Verdict

Reaction score
He's a shill. That's been an established fact for years. One of the biggest homers in Cowboys history.

A nice guy, but his bias makes every show he's on worse, not better.

When you hear Mickey turn on a player you know Jerry has given Mickey the Ok to bash him.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What is interesting is that Tank made that statement and the League did not fine him. Which they usually do when someone specifically criticizes the officials.
They don’t want to draw more attention to the no calls. Fans that don’t know much just think it’s routine complaining. The facts say the no calls are unique.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Did anyone look at the breakdown link Helman provided? Maybe I am not reading it correctly but there several teams that have not received many holding calls. I was hoping to see a much larger gap between Dallas and the other teams.

Accepted Holding calls

NE: 9
GB: 9
Det: 9
Car: 9
NO: 8
Min: 8
Ten: 8
Phl: 7
Dal: 6
True and they may have the same evidence. I don’t know, but we have many examples of very blatant tackle holds and shirt grabs after being passed, which are very hard to miss. You’d think.

The triple hold on the Chargers, I’d bet, isn’t one that’s been duplicated.