Sunday Combine Thread

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Displaced Cowboy;1967482 said:
ray rice with a 4.44

Very respectable, faster than what some people thought and his first step or two looked off to me.

marchetta

Reaction score
Ray Ray runs a 4.44. So, can we stop calling him slow now? Jerrah, you know he'll be there at #28 don't you?

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
marchetta;1967491 said:
Ray Ray runs a 4.44. So, can we stop calling him slow now?

Compared to the other numbers he is slow:laugh2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
What's funny now is looking at all those sites with their estimated 40 times, just about all of them are way off.

BigWillie

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967483 said:
No kidding.....He will sit on his 1st attempt and we will never know the truth because I would bet he would never come close to that again.

Speed isn't like a half-court shot in basketball where you can just throw up a prayer and get lucky.

If he ran that, he'd come pretty darn close to it again.

I like Ray Rice and his 4.44, which solidifies him for me.

Slaton just ran a 4.44

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Stewart throws down a 4.44.........very impressive for a man his size

SDogo

Reaction score
BigWillie;1967501 said:
Speed isn't like a half-court shot in basketball where you can just throw up a prayer and get lucky.

If he ran that, he'd come pretty darn close to it again.

I like Ray Rice and his 4.44, which solidifies him for me.

Slaton just ran a 4.44

Uh, I have seen some huge gaps between 1st and 2nd attempts today for either good or bad to make me believe it's very possible his number was inflated on the 1st attempt. I really want to see him run again.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967483 said:
No kidding.....He will sit on his 1st attempt and we will never know the truth because I would bet he would never come close to that again.
lolwut?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967522 said:
Uh, I have seen some huge gaps between 1st and 2nd attempts today for either good or bad to make me believe it's very possible his number was inflated on the 1st attempt. I really want to see him run again.

i agree.........if he runs a 4.30, then I will be impressed.........cause .03 difference is very minimal considering human error, slight fatigue, a slight variation in running motion....

SDogo

Reaction score
Biggems;1967529 said:
i agree.........if he runs a 4.30, then I will be impressed.........cause .03 difference is very minimal considering human error, slight fatigue, a slight variation in running motion....

Exactly

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1967522 said:

Uh...you can't "inflate" your speed. It just is. How in the hell do you accidentally make yourself run faster than you actually are? If anything, the slow times are because of bad starts or missteps.

Now, if you have more missteps than the average guy, then you've got a whole different sort of problem. ;)

SDogo

Reaction score
tomson75;1967534 said:
Uh...you can't "inflate" your speed. It just is. How in the hell do you accidentally make yourself run faster than you actually are? If anything, the slow times are because of bad starts or missteps.

Now, if you have more missteps than the average guy, then you've got a whole different sort of problem. ;)

Like Herm Edwards said. You timing with your thumb or your finger.

That's how 40 numbers get inflated.