Sunday Early Games Thread...

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Commanders come to play today. I thought the Giants would of walked all over them. But not the case so far through three quarters.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
theogt;4320502 said:
They're 1-4 since Grossman returned. I don't think it really mattered who was at QB.

You know what the real problem is?

No leadership.

;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4320499 said:
I'm going to put this out there:

Benching Rex Grossman was a monumental, season-killing mistake. The Skins are competitive with Grossman, and given the mediocrity and inconsistency that afflicts NFC East team, they would likely still be in contention if Beck had remained glued to the bench.

I disagree.

He is horrible.

mldardy

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4320509 said:
This division is really average.
Don't care. You win your division you make the playoffs. You think the Cards in 08 who finished 9-7 or the Seahawks last year who finished 7-9 and both won their divisions cared about how average their division was. BTW one team went to the Super Bowl and the other won a playoff game.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
SacredStar;4320496 said:
Long bomb, Packers cb's tackle the receiver before the ball gets there......no flag. The fix is on.

What part of the fix included multiple offensive PI penalties on Nelson?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Wonder if the Giants will get bashed like the Cowboys did all week if they can't come back.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4320524 said:
Wonder if the Giants will get bashed like the Cowboys did all week if they can't come back.

oh yes indeed they will, it'll start on the airwaves right after the game, if they lose

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4320524 said:
They will come back. You can't trust the Skins defense late. The only difference between Skins and Cowboys this year is we have much better QB play. That's it

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4320527 said:
oh yes indeed they will, it'll start on the airwaves right after the game, if they lose

I know that the New York Media will eat them alive.

fweegy

Reaction score
The Quest for Six;4320527 said:

I use to live in Jersey...trust me, it's started already.

followthestar

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Jets win next week and we beat the Eagles, we could lose to the Giants and still win the divison? Is that possible? I would hate to crawl into the playoffs like that, but I'd take it...

MegaMagick

Reaction score
theogt;4320502 said:
They're 1-4 since Grossman returned. I don't think it really mattered who was at QB.

I think their last few games were against us, Seattle(who's really hot), the Pats, the Jets, and now the giants.

They've had a very difficult schedule but played all those teams super tough. Rex Grossman has made a huge difference for the skins, they were a joke with Beck at QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
followthestar;4320532 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Jets win next week and we beat the Eagles, we could lose to the Giants and still win the divison? Is that possible? I would hate to crawl into the playoffs like that, but I'd take it...

Yeah if that happens than the Giants will have 8 losses and we will have 7, hopefully we will finish 10-6 and win the East

ghst187

Reaction score
as hard as it is to root for the skins, there is real beauty in them winning today...for two reasons 1) obviously it helps us tremendously as now if the NYG lose next week and we win, we're in the playoffs
2) The skins were teetering on a high draft pick in a franchise QB heavy draft, a win today is going to drop their pick quite a few slots I believe. They were looking at potentially a top 4 pick but now a win could drop them into the 10-12 range. Difference could be from Matt Barkley or RGIII to Landry Jones and that's a big difference IMO. I really don't want to have to deal with someone like RGIII 2x per year for the next 15.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
followthestar;4320532 said:

Yes. We'd have a two game lead going into the finale in that scenario.