Sunday Game thread

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He's going at him full speed and trying to get him on the ground. I guess it is by the book, but it's such a weak call.

When the head refs promote new rules, they go around to all the teams and talk to them about what they'll be looking for so players have no excuse for doing all they can to avoid a QB's head and neck area. You hear broadcasters say it over and over. They also get the dog and pony show. I get it though. You can't hit a QB high and you also can't hit him low. Lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not a fan of trying to draw defenses offsides, with no intention of snapping the ball. I think there should be a bigger penalty than "delay of game" for that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When the head refs promote new rules, they go around to all the teams and talk to them about what they'll be looking for so players have no excuse for doing all they can to avoid a QB's head and neck area. You hear broadcasters say it over and over. They also get the dog and pony show. I get it though. You can't hit a QB high and you also can't hit him low. Lol.
Pretty soon, it's gonna be the same as baseball's strike zone.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Well that's just it right there. It's almost like being a pitcher I suppose with a strike zone, essentially, that you can hit on the QB. If you hit the QB in the knee area (which I understand the danger of), it's a roughing call, and if you even graze the head, it's a penalty. Makes it very difficult to play defence at all really.