Sunday games thread

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
I disagree. There were only 2 seconds on the play clock. Once the Raiders got 10 yards on third and 4 it made the FG routine if they get stuffed they aren't going to try a 55 yard FG.

Agree. The timeout was not why they lost. They lost because they didn’t stuff the 3rd down run. The argument against the timeout is that it allowed LV to bring in the exact personnel that it wanted for the play and it otherwise may have just ran a vanilla RB dive

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Oh Raiders play the Bungles...my bad. They've never won a playoff game in this century so I expect a Raider win.

These aren't the Collingsworth Bungholes of the 80's....This Cincinnati team can sling it. :popcorn:

MikeT22

Reaction score
Do people really think the Raiders would pass up the chance to win their division and pick their playoff opponent just to avoid the minuscule chance of a muffed fg?

Do you really think the Raiders won their division?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they were playing to score at the end, why not use your TOs and get closer for a FG? They had 2 and never used them.

Because they we’re going to call nothing but conservative plays to see if they could get into position to win the division and pick their opponent. But the LAC timeout had nothing to do with that strategy. They kicked it because they got into make able fg range playing conservative football.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Because they we’re going to call nothing but conservative plays to see if they could get into position to win the division and pick their opponent. But the LAC timeout had nothing to do with that strategy. They kicked it because they got into make able fg range playing conservative football.

How can the TO mean nothing when it gave them extra time to make the FG. Both Carr and others said they were fine running clock until TO. At the least maybe it’s a longer FG

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
Carr admits that the Raiders changed their plans after Staley called for a Timeout. smh.

I have no idea why that changed their plans. They were going to kneel on 3rd down prior to the timeout but that made them decide to run. Someone please explain. What am I missing

droopdog7

Reaction score
So according to Carr, that timeout did change their approach?

I still have no idea what the chargers coach was trying to accomplish by calling a timeout.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This has to be one of the most painful losses for a fanbase I can remember seeing in a long time. That dumb timeout for no apparent reason literally cost them the playoffs.

Chargers should have beat the Chiefs weeks ago....but their stupid coach cost them that game too by going for it 6 times on 4th down. Guy is literally allergic to punters and kickers.