Sunday night at Saints is a must win game

Wayne02

Reaction score
Why does everyone write us off against the pats? With the reinforcements coming back on defense, getting pressure on the qb should be much easier. That game would also be the trap game of the season for the people down in Vegas. Maybe im just a blind optimist

If you think this team being led by Weeden has any kind of a shot against the Patriots, then calling you a blind optimist would be the ultimate understatement.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If you think this team being led by Weeden has any kind of a shot against the Patriots, then calling you a blind optimist would be the ultimate understatement.

I dont think Weeden will be the starting QB against the Pats

pancakeman

Reaction score
I recognize that different people have different ideas about what "must win" means.
I reserve it for games that, if the team loses, they are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.
Others may use it for games that, if the team loses, their chances of making the playoffs become extremely unlikely (even if mathematically possible).

But to use it for this game, where, in the worst case scenario, the team will still be at the top of the division standings, is absolutely absurd IMO.

CxC1993

Reaction score
We should start Cassel. The Cowboys' coaches clearly have zero confidence in Weeden throwing downfield. We can't win games with just dumpoffs with our depleted defense.

You've seen Cassel play? He does not go downfield ever either.

Little Jr

Reaction score
this is the only winnable game left with Weeden in there,being up 3-1 will help with patriots,giants and seahawks coming up.

I agree it's a must win. We are looking at a 4-5 game losing streak and at best 4 out of 5 would be l's. It would be l's vs atl, no, ne, possibly the giants, hawks. Imo Romo won't be back until the car game. We need 3 wins to be 5-5 and that should keep us in the hunt with the east. Assuming they keep playing like they have been.