Sunday night at Saints is a must win game

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I actually think we can beat Seattle . That offense doesn't scare me at all. If we can make it an ugly game special teams may be the difference and dan Bailey gives us an edge.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
It's as close to a must win as you're going to find this early in the season. The next 4 after the Saints look awfully shaky. If you don't beat the Saints, 2-6 is a real possibility going into Tampa. If you want a season to actually salvage when Romo gets back, it has to start here.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It ain't looking good when your quarterback hasn't won a game in forever

Junglist

Reaction score
I agree. There isn't a must win game this early. We played the best team we have played so far today. New Orleans isn't nearly as good and we will most likely win but it isn't a must win.

Considering we have New England, Giants, and Seahawks...this is definitely a must-win. All games must wins. This whole "it's too early for this game to matter" crap is just straight up dumb. How would our playoff seeding looked differently if we beat either the 49ers, or Cardinals last year? Exactly

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
New Orleans
Sean Payton isn't dumb, he saw what Atlanta did in the second half and he is going to do the same thing. Put 8 guys in the box, jump the underneath routes, and dare Weeden to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.

N.O. is already an aggressive team defensively, so they will definitely come off the bus with 8-9 men in the box. If the coaches can't find some creative ways to manufacture shots down the field, this will be an ugly game for Dallas. Wont matter who is at QB for the Saints.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
It's a must win for sure. .

The problem is and I'll be totally honest. We have to win at least 3 games with Weeden. The saints, the bucs and the giants. If we don't then Romo will have no wiggle room and will basically have to go perfect. Which is a long stretch considering we play the Packers late.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blah blah blah with this "must win game" threads...they started two weeks ago and I am sure someone is going to post one every week and although my whining about it, yes whining, does not change the outcome of them happening...I just wanted to get it off my chest.

Ok...my whining is over on this topic...for this week.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
This is a must win imo too. Seattle doesn't look that great but that defense will give weeden and the oline fits.
Not beating the pats.
Hard to see dallas beating the giants.
Eagles we can possibly be a win
Buccs we can win.
We might be able to beat the dolphins. Not sure if romos back that game. If he is we for sure can beat the dolphins

Last edited:

Wayne02

Reaction score
It's a must win for sure. .

The problem is and I'll be totally honest. We have to win at least 3 games with Weeden. The saints, the bucs and the giants. If we don't then Romo will have no wiggle room and will basically have to go perfect. Which is a long stretch considering we play the Packers late.

And at Buffalo is going to be a very tough game to win down the stretch, not to mention the Commanders twice (those games are always tough).

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
And at Buffalo is going to be a very tough game to win down the stretch, not to mention the Commanders twice (those games are always tough).

Plus we play the packers 2 weeks before the bills lol

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
this is the only winnable game left with Weeden in there,being up 3-1 will help with patriots,giants and seahawks coming up.

While I do not disagree, the problem with saying the fourth game of the season is a must win game is that what do you do if you lose? Hell many thought the game last US Thanksgiving against the Eagles was a must win, we lost but still won the division.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
we are 3 weeks into a season. you shouldn't be booking hotels in San Fran after a couple wins, and you sure as heck shouldn't be planning draft slots after a single loss.

Must win games at 2-1? Is this the first year you started watching the NFL?

I see some of you claiming a loss this week means the Eagles are a sure loss and just laugh. They finally won, we finally lost, and the chicken little's are out in full force. get a grip people. your slip is showing.

etw926

Reaction score
we are 3 weeks into a season. you shouldn't be booking hotels in San Fran after a couple wins, and you sure as heck shouldn't be planning draft slots after a single loss.

Must win games at 2-1? Is this the first year you started watching the NFL?

I see some of you claiming a loss this week means the Eagles are a sure loss and just laugh. They finally won, we finally lost, and the chicken little's are out in full force. get a grip people. your slip is showing.

Exactly!! It is embarrassing!!!