Sunday Wildcard Round Game Thread

Swagger

Reaction score
Oh, I expect the Bucs to beat Rodgers......if they make it past New Orleans who have had their number this year. But the Rams are a formidable problem for Green Bay. The Rams have been inconsistent, so w will see what Rams team we get.
I don't dispute the Rams D but the state of their QB - it just won't cut the mustard next week and whilst the Packers D has their faults they create turnovers. I think the game will get ugly for the Rams.

Swagger

Reaction score
I don't like Rodgers at all. 2014 and 2016 are helpful examples. He's also a giant jerk.
He's just playing the best he can for his team.
Why is he a giant jerk - do you know him personally?

Swagger

Reaction score
Idk about personally, but he does come off as an ***. For example, his celebration when he scored against the Bucs came off idiotic and arrogant. I also don't like that he always gets the refs and flops like Neymar.
Haha but he was fooling around. I thought it was hilarious. I do agree that he does flop and look to the ref for flags but then so does Brady.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Haha but he was fooling around. I thought it was hilarious. I do agree that he does flop and look to the ref for flags but then so does Brady.

And I don't like that about Brady either. My thinking is, if we had refs that were consistent with catches and not pulling out rules that hadn't been called in 30 years, wed have been to the NFC Championship twice at least, and maybe with a Super Bowl appearance for one.

Swagger

Reaction score
I honestly think in 10-15 years time a lot of Cowboy fans who currently do not like Aaron Rodgers will be like, "yeah he's alright you know and he was one of the greats"...obviously after we have won another Superbowl so it's ok/acceptable to think that way!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I honestly think in 10-15 years time a lot of Cowboy fans who currently do not like Aaron Rodgers will be like, "yeah he's alright you know and he was one of the greats"...obviously after we have won another Superbowl so it's ok/acceptable to think that way!

Yeah, probably. Still, I just don't want Green Bay winning another SB. I liked Favre when he QBed them tbh. But Rodgers just really runs me the wrong way.

Swagger

Reaction score
And I don't like that about Brady either. My thinking is, if we had refs that were consistent with catches and not pulling out rules that hadn't been called in 30 years, wed have been to the NFC Championship twice at least, and maybe with a Super Bowl appearance for one.
I was annoyed and really hacked off at Mike McCarthy throwing the challenge flag against Dez for the catch. Yet we go on and make him our Head Coach! I'm sure he's a good solid guy in real life but it still winds me up thinking about it sadly. Plus he was just doing his job throwing the flag

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was annoyed and really hacked off at Mike McCarthy throwing the challenge flag against Dez for the catch. Yet we go on and make him our Head Coach! I'm sure he's a good solid guy in real life but it still winds me up thinking about it sadly. Plus he was just doing his job throwing the flag

That, and it sounds like a ref told him to challenge.

T-RO

Reaction score
I don't dispute the Rams D but the state of their QB - it just won't cut the mustard next week and whilst the Packers D has their faults they create turnovers. I think the game will get ugly for the Rams.

I don't agree. McVay is a great coach. They'll keep it close.

Don't think they'll win, but don't see them getting blown out.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
That's not true. The Cowboys beat the Steelers in Sun Devil Stadium on 28 January 1996.

That's a neutral venue. That's not the same as a road playoff game in which you are facing a hostile crowd on hostile turf.