Suns take worst beating in their franchise history...

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
by Pistons, a 30 point lopsided loss.

The great Shaq goes 1-8 in FT attempt :lmao2: , finishing the night with whopping 7 points, however, he did have 11 rebounds.

Seriously, Shaq will help defensively but I can't see how he is an upgrade from S. Marion, who can run, post up, long range shooter and can rebound.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
i watched that game today and it was great. shaq:rolleyes: the guy can't do anything anymore. he has always been so overrated it's not even funny. the guy is strictly a power dunker and that's it.

MC KAos

Reaction score
they have never lost by 30 before? thats kinda impressive......i think

Route 66

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1968226 said:
by Pistons, a 30 point lopsided loss.

The great Shaq goes 1-8 in FT attempt :lmao2: , finishing the night with whopping 7 points, however, he did have 11 rebounds.

Seriously, Shaq will help defensively but I can't see how he is an upgrade from S. Marion, who can run, post up, long range shooter and can rebound.

I absolutely love threads like this against my Suns. It shows you care for our team to spend the time to write this. Thanks! :)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
No problem. ;)

Don't rely on Shaq to make the game winning FTs anytime soon.

Route 66

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1968420 said:
No problem. ;)

Don't rely on Shaq to make the game winning FTs anytime soon.

Too bad you don't post those gems like the Suns beating the Celtics and only when they lose, but hey I see the hatred and I thrive on that here. :)

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Rowdy;1968429 said:
Too bad you don't post those gems like the Suns beating the Celtics and only when they lose, but hey I see the hatred and I thrive on that here. :)
I don't have to, that's Suns fan's job.

MC KAos

Reaction score
^ nm, i thought you were a celtics fan, but rowdy was referring to the game friday night.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
Rowdy;1968429 said:

Non Suns fans take pride in their trash talk of the Suns. They are just like the Cowboys, Loved my SO MANY people and hated the worst as well for no damn reason. I love those guys. The win against the Celtics was awesome. Didn't watch the Pistons game, but we never win early afternoon games anyway :laugh2:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DCgirl13;1968853 said:
Non Suns fans take pride in their trash talk of the Suns. They are just like the Cowboys, Loved my SO MANY people and hated the worst as well for no damn reason. I love those guys. The win against the Celtics was awesome. Didn't watch the Pistons game, but we never win early afternoon games anyway :laugh2:

Yes, they're just like the Cowboys. Oh, except for all the championships... which, when you get right down to it, is why the Cowboys are hated by so many.

I used to like the Suns... I really did. Back in the days of Barkley, KJ, Majerle... they were one of my favorite teams. And honestly, the team they've had over the past couple of years has been fun to watch as well... Nash, Amare, Marion. The only problem I have with the team is 1) their coach, who comes across as the whiniest, most unlikeable guy I have ever seen; 2) their fans seem to have developed a persecution complex that I quite frankly don't understand.

I think a lot of the "hatred" of the Suns is in your head. Just my 2 cents.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty much a moot point anyway. I see no reason to believe that the Spurs aren't going to come out of the West, again, and win it all.

DCgirl13

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;1969105 said:
I think it's pretty much a moot point anyway. I see no reason to believe that the Spurs aren't going to come out of the West, again, and win it all.

Unfortunately, this will probably be true... :banghead: Either it will be the Spurs or the Lakers and continue the boredom that is Spurs and Lakers championships the past 10 years...

Route 66

Reaction score
Danny White;1968904 said:
Yes, they're just like the Cowboys. Oh, except for all the championships... which, when you get right down to it, is why the Cowboys are hated by so many.

I used to like the Suns... I really did. Back in the days of Barkley, KJ, Majerle... they were one of my favorite teams. And honestly, the team they've had over the past couple of years has been fun to watch as well... Nash, Amare, Marion. The only problem I have with the team is 1) their coach, who comes across as the whiniest, most unlikeable guy I have ever seen; 2) their fans seem to have developed a persecution complex that I quite frankly don't understand.

I think a lot of the "hatred" of the Suns is in your head. Just my 2 cents.

The only problem I have with non-Suns fans is:

1) Their perception that because a coach is unlikeable, they group the entire franchise with it. Oh that's reasonable...

2) Except for last season, I have not had an issue with Stern until the post-season. When he "lays down the law" he states that he goes by the book because that is how he operates. Then the whole ref scandal materialized and he made some seriously contradictory statements after that. A lot of Suns fans feel that what happened in the Spurs series with Bowen's antics and Horry wasn't right-period.

Just because I loathe the Spurs doesn't mean its a victimized feeling from a fan. You act like all Suns fans are rolling around in sackcloth and ashes. Not true. I'm past last season. The Spurs are an excellent basketball team. I have just seen some things that apparently most Spurs fans will always refute. Its all good. The Spur won last year's Championship-not the refs.

Route 66

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;1969105 said:

You willing to bet on that with me?

Route 66

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1969030 said:
Don't rely on Shaq to make many FTs anytime soon.

Shaq has never been a free throw shooter! Gasp. I hope the Suns franchise knows about this one....

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Rowdy;1969376 said:

1) Their perception that because a coach is unlikeable, they group the entire franchise with it. Oh that's reasonable...

2) Except for last season, I have not had an issue with Stern until the post-season. When he "lays down the law" he states that he goes by the book because that is how he operates. Then the whole ref scandal materialized and he made some seriously contradictory statements after that. A lot of Suns fans feel that what happened in the Spurs series with Bowen's antics and Horry wasn't right-period.

Just because I loathe the Spurs doesn't mean its a victimized feeling from a fan. You act like all Suns fans are rolling around in sackcloth and ashes. Not true. I'm past last season. The Spurs are an excellent basketball team. I have just seen some things that apparently most Spurs fans will always refute. Its all good. The Spur won last year's Championship-not the refs.

As for your point #1... I just said I don't dislike the Suns as an organization, just their whiny coach. That's pretty much the opposite of what you're claiming.

Point #2 ... I don't see how that has anything to do with "non-Suns fans" so I'll leave that one alone and let you take it up with the league office.

As to whether or not you're "rolling around in sackcloth and ashes" or if you're truly "past last season" -- well I'll let your history of posts on the subject (including this one) speak for itself and let the masses decide.

Best of luck in the post-season. Here's to hopefully another great playoff series between the two teams! :toast2:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I live in Phoenix and am a huge Suns fan. I was really demoralized after yesterday's loss. I was in favor of the trade because even with Marion, we were not going to win a championship as proven by the Suns recent past. I knew this move would be a risk and like any gamble, it's either going to be very successful or disastrous. I think Shaq is playing well but we need to surround him with shooters for him to be effective because teams are crowding the middle and that's huring both Shaq and Stoudemire. We need to create space and that can only be done if have shooters that defenses respect. Right now, we only have Nash as a genuine threat from the outside. If the Suns are able to sign some shooters, I think we still have a chance. Regardless, I still think this is an excellent move and we can build this offseason to surround Shaq with some outside shooters. Also, Marion is much easier to replace than adding a true big man. It seems like nearly everyone coming into the NBA draft is a tall small forward that have all-around games but are not good enough to be a true presence in the low post or quick enough to handle the ball or guard the perimeter.

In regards to the David Stern ruling, if he is going to exclusively cite the rules then he would have had to suspend Duncan for getting up out of his seat and walking onto the court to protest a foul in that same game. He didn't do that which is why Suns fans feel that his decision was unfair. That being said, I don't think the ruling is what caused us to lose the series. We still lost homecourt early by losing the first game at home. Had we simply won the games we were suppoosed to at home, a lot of this could have been avoided. We were outcoached and outplayed.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Rowdy;1969376 said:

actually, the owner of the suns is also a huge whiner, and stoudamire calling the spurs dirty would also be considered whining by many. As for suns fans being over last year.....

mr.jameswoods;1969603 said:
In regards to the David Stern ruling, if he is going to exclusively cite the rules then he would have had to suspend Duncan for getting up out of his seat and walking onto the court to protest a foul in that same game.

you forgot the HUGE fact that the rule says during an altercation, there was no altercation when duncan walked onto the court.