Super Bowl entertainment should be super

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1832708 said:
Dave is the ice cream man stop him when he passing by, because all his flavors are guaranteed to satisfy. :laugh2:

...Romo's here babe, he needs Jessica to keep him cool. Look out Tom Brady - Tony's snagged more women than you!! He's the Q B Man, try and stop him when he scrambles by....

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
tunahelper;1832727 said:
I wonder where Brittany and the like artists will be in 20 years?

They wont be invited to Superbowl halftime shows!

Greatness is staying power...

they'll be starring in a reality show hosted by Toni Basil and Tommy Tutone.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
theebs;1832734 said:
that is pure van halen, complete insanity, the essence of vh.

man I miss being a kid watching mtv's 1/2 hour metal hour. I wish vh1 classic would air those old shows.

I miss when MTV would show the live clip of VH doing "So This Is Love?" and "Unchained". The raw energy was amazing.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1831895 said:
Oh, well, at least Romo and Company won't have to put up with 20th century acts like this year's . . . Tom Petty and the Hipbreakers? They'll be safely out of earshot in the lockerrooms.​

Gee, if they are pandering to the executives and geezeers in the stands, why not Englebert Humperdink or Wayne Newton?
Or we could have had the Fatboys. :D
But, noooo, the Super Bowl geniuses had to get a tired, '80s
act.

petty1.jpg

WoW, you really got the snot kicked out of yourself in this thread there bluto:laugh2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
VietCowboy;1832690 said:
unfortunate to admit it, but I was sort of a teeny bopper growing up on spice girls, hanson brothers, bsb, *n sync, and when both britney and christina were good girls. i still love christina aguilera though. and spice girls are making a resurgence (not that I still like them anymore).
Dude.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1832702 said:
They cater to us older farts that have the money and grew up with these groups. The next generation will get theirs when they start making the money. :laugh2:

Oh, yeah!!!
Well, following that pattern they'd have Air Supply and Tavares

That would make eyes and ears bleed!!!!:)

LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1832937 said:
Oh, yeah!!!
Well, following that pattern they'd have Air Supply and Tavares

That would make eyes and ears bleed!!!!:)

LOL

I was talking about music. :laugh2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
OK, my work here is done.

Let me just say this, my MOR brothers, just watch most of the NFL fandom roll their eyes when Petty hits the stage. Clearly just a show for the executives in the stands who will feel like they are hip for 10 minutes.

For the rest of the world it will be a great time to get the chips and salsa, couscous, the scnhitzel and beer and the Chicago style pizzas.

It would be fun to play Maca's new album with the TV sound turned down while Petty puts the rest of the world to sleep.

Fire away! (but remember, it's Christmas):D

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1832881 said:
WoW, you really got the snot kicked out of yourself in this thread there bluto:laugh2:

Go get your own thread and quit the sissy boy tough guy posturing. Must be pretty cold up there in the flatlands, huh?

:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1832946 said:

Let me just say this, my MOR brothers, just watch most of the NFL fandom roll their eyes when Petty hits the stage. Clearly just a show for the executives in the stands who will feel like they are hip for 10 minutes.

For the rest of the world it will be a great time to get the chips and salsa, couscous, the scnhitzel and beer and the Chicago style pizzas.

It would be fun to play Maca's new album with the TV sound turned down while Petty puts the rest of the world to sleep.

Some people like to listen to flash in the pans and some like the greats of Rock and Roll. Don't worry one day they will find your music greats and the young people will be bored silly with it as well. :laugh2:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1832952 said:
Some people like to listen to flash in the pans and some like the greats of Rock and Roll. Don't worry one day they will find your music greats and the young people will be bored silly with it as well. :laugh2:

Me started getting worried when they began playing my avant garde music at the bowling alley.

lockster

Reaction score
This is off subject a little, but Am I the only one that thought that the Thanksgiving Halftime Show sucked?! Man, Jerry usually does better than that.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
GimmeTheBall!;1832946 said:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=attention+*****

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
zrinkill;1833110 said:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=attention+*****

My dear little ball of hate, my stalker, my #1 fan.

Run along and let the grownups play.

:rolleyes:

Jay-D

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1832880 said:
I miss when MTV would show the live clip of VH doing "So This Is Love?" and "Unchained". The raw energy was amazing.

I miss the days when MTV showed ANY music, period! :laugh2:

It's OK though......YouTube is a savior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfYjgcOaIUU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxjobLI898&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_Sebn7YyjE

The entire MTV network is now devoted to a plethora of reality shows featuring frat nerds trying to "hook up" with "hotties". It's pretty pathetic to watch.

I'm only 33, so I go to the clubs and I know all the new music......and I can appreciate what a good hip hop tune can do to a dance floor (and the chicks on it).....but when it comes to rock n' roll the WORST band from the 80's blows away the BEST band from right now.....whatever that band is. Buckcherry is the only newer band I can think of that plays real rock music.

Jay-D

Reaction score
Idgit;1832759 said:
Theebs. Turn in your Van Halen fan card and report to the end of the Night Ranger line for accidentally typing 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge' when you ment to type 'Fair Warning.'

In the words of the great Diamond Dave:

"Van Halen with David Lee Roth made you wanna drink, dance, and screw.

Van Halen with Samay Hagar makes you wanna drink milk, drive a Nissan, and have a relationship."

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1831902 said:
Petty is great. Not springsteen great, but great no less.

I will gladly take petty over brittany and justin or whatever generic flavor of the day rapper they usually roll out there.

and petty hopefully will be singing our song at halftime while we hopefully have a lead!!! "you got lucky baby......"

Never was a Springsteen fan...Would rather listen to Petty any day over the "boss".