Super Bowl entertainment should be super

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1832724 said:
You missed 5150....some may not like Sammy but that is a damn good album

I agree. I still like Dave with VH but Sammy is good. I was a big fan of Montrose when Sammy was with him.

Jay-D

Reaction score

That's because half of it was written by David Lee Roth. :laugh2:

Of course I'm a little biased. I paid a little over a grand back in September to see the opening night show of the big VH reunion down in Charlotte, NC. :D

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

yeah I love 5150. I actually wore out my 5150 tape while delivering papers in junior high school.

I have an unopened copy on vinyl still in the shrinkwrap of 5150. I have owned and do own still a copy of 5150 in every format!!!

It truly is amazing. Me personally I liked vh with sammy better but that is because I am 31 and that is the vh that got the most exposure to me.

I was just able to really listen to music and enjoy it when 1984 came out!

also, I cant tell you how many times I have watched live without a net. I could watch eddie play guitar in that concert all day and night!

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
parchy;1831897 said:
Bite your tongue. Tom Petty is awesome.
Amen!!

I'm shocked that they're not getting the rap people that due that soldier song or whatever its called and just do that over and over for 20minutes...blah

if they wanna rock the Super Bowl... Reverend Horton Heat!!

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
Jay-D;1832704 said:
Man it sure does suck to be your music taste. :laugh2:

Back when Van Halen was huge in '84 they were like a nightmare coming to town. Lock up your sister, your girlfriend, AND your mom because Diamond Dave would be your new daddy if you let him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5g2yyvdjrE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5t5GukrWOU&feature=related

theebs;1832703 said:
Well It probably is nothing you are interested in but if you ever get curious.

Van halen
Fair Warning
Diver Down
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

those are great great great VH albums. It makes us generic white guys go crazy! For unlawful is a personal favorite of mine.

Those first two vh albums spawned a genre of music and a decade of guitar players.......

hey...that was like 10 years ago! :laugh2: My taste in music is very eclectic now, but that's due to the people I hang out with...listening to a lot of latin music like bachata/merengue/salsa, neo-soul, and yes, even rap/hip-hop for when I go to clubs. Unfortunately, I don't hang out with people who enjoy music from before the '90s unless you talk about Mint Condition, Earth, Wind, & Fire, or Isley Brothers (etc, you get my point).

I guess I will be going down the street to those cd/dvd piracy stores and maybe pick some up for the flight back home.

oh yes, something from before the 90's that I have liked that you might like is Pink Floyd. They were good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dallas is in the SB I don't care who performs I know I will not be sitting down watching it. I'll be pacing the house wanting the halftime show to hurry up and hoping they don't screw the field up moving the stage. :laugh2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1832703 said:
Well It probably is nothing you are interested in but if you ever get curious.

Van halen
Fair Warning
Diver Down
For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

those are great great great VH albums. It makes us generic white guys go crazy! For unlawful is a personal favorite of mine.

Those first two vh albums spawned a genre of music and a decade of guitar players.......

Theebs. Turn in your Van Halen fan card and report to the end of the Night Ranger line for accidentally typing 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge' when you ment to type 'Fair Warning.'

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
tx78613;1832729 said:
I'd say Eddie Van Halen spawned more than just a decade of guitar players. He's influenced many good/great guitar players that are still rockin' today.

yeah there is no doubt. He is one of those people that 100 years from now people are going to be spinning in there cars or headphones.

The 80s metal genre was a direct result of eddies influence on those kids growing up listening in the late 70s to the early vh stuff. Unfortunately they were all influenced by kiss when it came to wardrobe, well kiss after the makeup anyway and roth's crazy outfits.

eddie inspired guitar manufacturers also, he basically invented charvel and kramer by playing those guitars in the early 80s.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Idgit;1832759 said:
Theebs. Turn in your Van Halen fan card and report to the end of the Night Ranger line for accidentally typing 'For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge' when you ment to type 'Fair Warning.'

lol!

I told my wife to bury me with For unlawful. I just love that album. that is another tape I wore out delivering papers. by the time I got the cd of that about two years after its release, my tape sounded like it had been flushed down the toilet three times and driven over by a large truck......

my only knock on that album is that he started playing the ernie ball's on that tour and that recording. It was a bummer to see him without the kramer's.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theebs;1832764 said:
lol!

I told my wife to bury me with For unlawful. I just love that album. that is another tape I wore out delivering papers. by the time I got the cd of that about two years after its release, my tape sounded like it had been flushed down the toilet three times and driven over by a large truck......

my only knock on that album is that he started playing the ernie ball's on that tour and that recording. It was a bummer to see him without the kramer's.

The only song I remember from that album was Poundcake. I used to play that over and over again.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1832772 said:
The only song I remember from that album was Poundcake. I used to play that over and over again.

It kicks butt. Dig it out and spin it man.

Man on a mission, judgement day, in n out, right now, 316.

Eddie is just flawless on that album.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
theebs;1832775 said:

Listening to Poundcake right now :D

tx78613

Reaction score
theebs;1832775 said:

This album was the first and only album produced by Ted Templeton, if I'm not mistaken, since his days with the band back when DLR was fronting them. Great album and Eddie's sound was amazing.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
tx78613;1832788 said:
This album was the first and only album produced by Ted Templeton, if I'm not mistaken, since his days with the band back when DLR was fronting them. Great album and Eddie's sound was amazing.

Yea there best album in my humble opinion.

On that tour eddie was simply amazing.

and the thing that sticks out about this album is Eddie, not unlike all their albums but this one is just perfect.

Eddie shows his genius on that album. This dream is over is just a frigging amazing song.

The name of the album should have been HI I am eddie and I am god.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tx78613;1832788 said:

*Sigh.* I guess I'm in the minority on this one. I do love my baby's poundcake, if that matters.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The best "adrenaline" song I've heard is "Humans Being."

I feel like driving 120 mph or kicking Buddy Ryan in the face when I hear that song.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
lane;1832021 said:
indeed.........how you doing tonight concord?

I'm doing great...except I have to work 2nd shift today.:mad:

Hope all is well with you.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
As long as John Mellencamp isn't playing just about anyone is fine with me. I liked him until This is our country was put in to a commercial. :bang2:

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1832693 said:
I just hope that Tom does not have a wardrobe malfunction like Janet had. :laugh2:

higher likelihood of TP having a bong malfunction. :dance: