Super Bowl Halftime Show

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Metallica is the only "metal" band that could work, imo.

Might I ask why? I think Maiden or Def Leppard could work. I understand that part of the problem that the NFL might have with Rammstein is that they don't have many songs in English. But, Maiden plays great shows as does Leppard. Don't get me wrong, Metallica would be great, but I love British metal of all the metal genres.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Might I ask why? I think Maiden or Def Leppard could work. I understand that part of the problem that the NFL might have with Rammstein is that they don't have many songs in English. But, Maiden plays great shows as does Leppard. Don't get me wrong, Metallica would be great, but I love British metal of all the metal genres.

Just from the popularity standpoint. Metallica spans more generations than Leppard (plus those guys are like in there mid-sixties, right?)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just from the popularity standpoint. Metallica spans more generations than Leppard (plus those guys are like in there mid-sixties, right?)

Mmm, I do think that Leppard would. I mean, I'm 26 so there's that. Though, yes, they are around 60 (Joe Elliott's apparently 59). Not sure why that matters though. Delightfully good British band they are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Mmm, I do think that Leppard would. I mean, I'm 26 so there's that. Though, yes, they are around 60 (Joe Elliott's apparently 59). Not sure why that matters though. Delightfully good British band they are.

Actually, I just googled it. They're all actually in their late 50s (in terms of their current lineup) except for Phil Collen (Not to be confused with Phil Collins who would be another good choice) who's 61.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Fair point. However, I think, as a 26 year old, that the youth would also like Rammstein. They're German, but man are they fun. People going to the restroom during this show would be a mistake. I've also spoken to a lot of people who, after showing them Rammstein, said they'd love to see them at the halftime show.

As a 47 year old, I would love this! I wouldn't change the channel or leave the room.
I'd actually turn it UP!

Also, as a 47 year old, it's nice to know people 20 years younger are listening to my
type of music. Good choice!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As a 47 year old, I would love this! I wouldn't change the channel or leave the room.
I'd actually turn it UP!

Also, as a 47 year old, it's nice to know people 20 years younger are listening to my
type of music. Good choice!

Thank you :) I love rock and metal. Can't beat that style. I think it's time for a 3rd British Invasion of music until America learns how to rock properly again. And possibly a German invasion in the case of Rammstein haha.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Thank you :) I love rock and metal. Can't beat that style. I think it's time for a 3rd British Invasion of music until America learns how to rock properly again. And possibly a German invasion in the case of Rammstein haha.

Can you imagine, for example, an Iron Maiden SB halftime performance!?!
I saw them last at Madison Square Garden a few years ago.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Can you imagine, for example, an Iron Maiden SB halftime performance!?!
I saw them last at Madison Square Garden a few years ago.

That would be amazing. The Super Bowl would be upstaged though. Either way, I can tell you that would be amazing. I think there's a lot of people my age actually that do like rock music. I think a lot of people at least probably have heard of Maiden for example..

RoboQB

Reaction score
That would be amazing. The Super Bowl would be upstaged though. Either way, I can tell you that would be amazing. I think there's a lot of people my age actually that do like rock music. I think a lot of people at least probably have heard of Maiden for example..

You're right. Just having Eddie walking out onto the field would definitely upstage the game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You're right. Just having Eddie walking out onto the field would definitely upstage the game.

Haha, yeah, and it's why I REALLY think the NFL won't let a real metal or rock band like Maiden or Rammstein do it. They know full well that a proper rock band like that would upstage the game. They can't have that now, can they? Not even at the expense of receiving massive ratings haha. Pity their ego gets in the way of that. I know that some say that they want a big name that the youth can connect with. Well, like I said, as a young chap, I find that rock bands and proper guitar music from them tends to connect well with me. I don't think the pop rubbish that Maroon 5 puts out is exactly connecting with me. Bruce Dickinson would completely upstage the Super Bowl alone. I think it's high time for Britain to show America how to play music again.