Super Bowl XLVII - 49ers vs. Ravens Game Thread

wileedog

Reaction score
Fastphilly;4992663 said:
He held Crabtree's ability to get to the piont were the ball was thrown. That is HOLDING. The goalline is where the 5 yard rule ends on that play. He didn't get hands off on his Jersey until three yards beyond the goal line. That is a penalty.

I disagree, and Crabtree initiated the contact and was pushing off as well. Why should he get the call? Ref did the right thing keeping the flag in his pocket.

Honestly don't really care enough to keep arguing it, so whatever.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4992659 said:
Still not sure how this one went unpenalized.

Exactly. That was another missed call. If the league is going to preach player safety then they need to be consistant with their calls.

Fastphilly

Reaction score
wileedog;4992670 said:
I disagree, and Crabtree initiated the contact and was pushing off as well. Why should he get the call? Ref did the right thing keeping the flag in his pocket.

Honestly don't really care enough to keep arguing it, so whatever.

No he wasn't pushing off. He was trying to get separation from the mugging he was getting from Smith. There was no pushoff that I seen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
After seeing the level of coaching today I feel so hopeless as a fan of our team.

Seriously.. What is Jerry doing guys? What is our direction?

Fastphilly

Reaction score
Diogenes;4992661 said:
Let me guess, you didn't see the blatant late hit out of bounds on Flacco that wasn't called either.

Flacco was at that point a runner once he left the pocket. Contact was made prior to him going out of bounds and the defender just followed through on the tackle.

BRoni

Reaction score
It was clearly holding. Sure, sometimes they go uncalled, but I think it has more to do with refs not wanting to make such huge calls in that situation. Pretty big issue in sports IMO. Call the game the same throughout the entire game.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Fastphilly;4992678 said:
Flacco was at that point a runner once he left the pocket. Contact was made prior to him going out of bounds and the defender just followed through on the tackle.

That play was just as close as the "holding" on 4th down. Both could have gone either way.

BRoni

Reaction score
dexternjack;4992681 said:
That play was just as close as the "holding" on 4th down. Both could have gone either way.

I thought it was a late hit, but I also thought it would have been extremely ticky tacky to call as there wasn't much there. The hold was clearly a text book hold.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Fastphilly;4992663 said:
He held Crabtree's ability to get to the piont were the ball was thrown. That is HOLDING. The goalline is where the 5 yard rule ends on that play. He didn't get hands off on his Jersey until three yards beyond the goal line. That is a penalty.

Steve Young just admitted that a game doesn't end on a ticky tack call like that and you can't bail out bad play calling. They also said it was probably uncatchable.

BRoni

Reaction score
CATCH17;4992675 said:
After seeing the level of coaching today I feel so hopeless as a fan of our team.

Seriously.. What is Jerry doing guys? What is our direction?

You aren't alone. I can't even imagine seeing us there anytime soon. With Garrett and Romo both sticking around I have little excitement for next season.

sacase

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4992659 said:

helmetgraham.gif

That's good football.

BRoni

Reaction score
HoustonFrog;4992687 said:
Steve Young just admitted that a game doesn't end on a ticky tack call like that and you can't bail out bad play calling. They also said it was probably uncatchable.

I think the better team won and I'm glad, but that is BS. How is that call ok at the start of the game and not at the end? That isn't acceptable and both affect the outcome. I agree the play calling was bad though.

Diogenes

Reaction score
dexternjack;4992681 said:

Bad no calls for both teams, but some people choose not to see it that way. Again, the worst was the deep pass to Torrey Smith in the 1st half where he was illegally contacted 20 yards down field, impeding his progress, was probably the worst and most likely cost him a TD. Let's put it this way, he had a better chance at catching that ball for a TD than Crabtree did the one at the end of the game.

Bad calls happen in every game. Complaining about it is loser talk.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4992667 said:
Be 100% honest. Who were you going for in the game? I'm actually a big fan of Ray Lewis and Ray Rice. I Completely disagree with you though. When the ball is in the air.. you cannot blatantly hold a players jersey.. that is a hold and should have been called on the spot. Crabtree was trying desperately to turn for the ball. He did not push off at all and the ball would have been catchable had he not been held.

I like those guys too but your not being realistic. Crabtree pushed off and was pulling and the ball hit the back of the chalk. As I said above even Steve Young and others said it would have been ticky tack and was close to uncatchable. You can't call that there. I just don't buy this stuff. Heck if I was going to rip every bad call or close call I'd call the blackout crooked to for changing momentum. Better team won by starting off quick.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4992659 said:

helmetgraham.gif

This would have out them first and goal at the one yard line.. but the same ref that missed this call, is the same one that missed the hold. Also, they never called a hold on the safety play either. The point is, they were not throwing flags all night like they consistently did throughout the season and playoffs. I'm not a fan of that.. I think they should be consistent all year.

You don't change the rules as you go.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Supercowboy1986;4992699 said:
does anyone else have a problem with flacco getting a ring? :confused:

Not when it impedes SF from getting another one :)

Flacco deserved it, he has played well in the post-season.

dart

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4992667 said:
Be 100% honest. Who were you going for in the game? I'm actually a big fan of Ray Lewis and Ray Rice. I Completely disagree with you though. When the ball is in the air.. you cannot blatantly hold a players jersey.. that is a hold and should have been called on the spot. Crabtree was trying desperately to turn for the ball. He did not push off at all and the ball would have been catchable had he not been held.

I wonder if we can get the KILLER

SHOULD BE SITTIN IN JAIL