Supposedly Byron Jones and Jourdan Lewis have been made available for trades

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Byron? He was far above average, statistically.
He wasn't targeted that much last season. They kept picking on the rookie. I'm not saying I don't like him I'm saying I'd rather trade him. For a first round pick it's all about salary cap my cowboy brother

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:hammer::hammer::hammer:Nailed it
I believe there was a guy last season that Chris Rashad's really liked but he got injured. I can't remember his name he was like 6 3 I think he's going to be the starter this season

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
NEED another corner, YES. Silly trading one of them, NO. How you figure we can pay all these guys with mega contracts that they want? answer, WE WON'T,CAN'T....and I guarantee you its better to get a draft pick than nothing at all in return for them.
All these guys? Sorry, we've suffered for years having mediocre secondaries. I'll find a way to keep one of the best in the NFL.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again defensive backs play their entire careers on Islands even in college. I believe college is the new NFL training camp. These kids don't have time to sit and learn behind veterans the salary cap dictates this. But that being said cornerbacks don't have that NFL transition to worry about

kskboys

Reaction score
So this team is willing to overpay for a QB but wants to trade one of the leagues better CBs...and Richard cannot figure out the proper way to use Lewis. We need a whole new coaching staff. Jones needs to quit listening to these coaches. He listened to the dolt RM and we get a poor attitude, lazy Taco instead of a Watt.
Not yet. It's hard to rate Byron at this point as he just hasn't done it long enough yet, and did have a falloff toward the end of the season. Paying guys prematurely causes a myriad of problems.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not yet. It's hard to rate Byron at this point as he just hasn't done it long enough yet, and did have a falloff toward the end of the season. Paying guys prematurely causes a myriad of problems.
I totally agree I really don't know what I think about him yet truly. I saw what he did in the Packers game we saw how he was late in the season. The more targets he got the more average he became

Rayman70

Reaction score
All these guys? Sorry, we've suffered for years having mediocre secondaries. I'll find a way to keep one of the best in the NFL.
hey Im with you all the way.But realistically, its not going to happen. I think Tank has priced himself outta Dallas and by that, we will be able to sign everyone else that have expiring contracts.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CJ Goodwin. The kid is 6 3. If he didn't get injured last season he would have been the starter that's how much Kris Richard's likes him

kskboys

Reaction score
it really does. Im old school too. I recall when we traded for Deion Sanders..Jerry just outbid for him. lol..We ALL knew what JJ wanted, he gets back then. NO CAP. No wonder we won all the time. We signed all the best of the best at every position. Kept our own guys. I think that's why JJ AND Stevie are so staunch about keeping our own guys in house. Problem with that theory is,if you don't win, then what? lol...You have all those contracts expiring all at once with limited funds to pay out the big paydays they will want. Mmath tells us we will lose 2 big name players this year. Cannot be helped. In that case, lets trade two guys and get a few picks.
Salary cap was implemented in 94. Deion first played for us in 95. We actually let a ton of valuable players go before signing Deion.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Salary cap was implemented in 94. Deion first played for us in 95. We actually let a ton of valuable players go before signing Deion.
I believe it was called. The revolving door. LOL was that after we let him go he went to San Francisco and we took him back

kskboys

Reaction score
I totally agree I really don't know what I think about him yet truly. I saw what he did in the Packers game we saw how he was late in the season. The more targets he got the more average he became
Yeah, unless he just suddenly gets a lot better, he's a mid tier CB.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The new kickoff rule 4th and 15. You complete it you're already on the 50-yard line. I would like to see the rule but started at the 20. Has it been implemented yet

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He wasn't targeted that much last season. They kept picking on the rookie. I'm not saying I don't like him I'm saying I'd rather trade him. For a first round pick it's all about salary cap my cowboy brother

I'd take a first for him for the simple fact I'd rather not lose Jaylon, Dak or Elliott.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Last season, in a more natural position he was among the best in the NFL.
I know that's what's scary. It's a Passing League the rules dictate it. Sometimes you're better than you look.