Supposedly Byron Jones and Jourdan Lewis have been made available for trades

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's not necessarily true about teams waiting for a guy to hit FA in his last contract year.

Revis was traded in his contract year. Now I am not saying Jones is Revis but only pointing out that players are traded in their contract year.

You won't get a first for him but I bet you might get a 2nd for him.

I'd do it for that second rounder, but certainly no less than that.

In looking at this year's draft, two teams stuck out to me - Oakland and Indianapolis. The Colts have two second rounders and truckloads of cap space, but they've been doing so well in the draft that they might nit have the interest, despite Eberflus' familiarity with the player. But Oakland is likely to try to trade down out of the first with at least one of those picks to recoup, and they have the need and the money to make something happen with Jones.

Those are the only two possibilities that I saw.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fisher's track record is impeccable.

Maybe not, but how about Chad Forbes' track record, the guy who started this rumor? Is his Cowboys track record better or worse than Fisher's? I know what my first guess would be.

Sydla

Reaction score
Maybe not, but how about Chad Forbes' track record, the guy who started this rumor? Is his Cowboys track record better or worse than Fisher's? I know what my first guess would be.

Fisher is a mouthpiece for the organization. He spits out what the organization wants to say. And he's laughably wrong to the point that he's openly mocked here.

My gut says they have been quietly shopping those guys (it would be prudent to do so especially since it's been said Jones might be the odd guy out) and when it got out because some other team told Forbes, Dallas tried to tamp down any discussion so they went with one of their favorite PR pawns - Mike Fisher.

CWR

Reaction score
Lewis makes more sense. We didn't play him. He was a largely wasted asset last year. Only 20% of the snaps. And those idiotic jetsweep fakes for him.

I see what your saying, but considering the contracts we have coming up and the money Jones will command I wouldn't be surprised if we part ways.

We have a ton of players we want to retain. I doubt everyone gets a contract . With Cheeto, Brown and Lewis I think Dallas feels they can afford to trade Jones. With Dak, Coop, Zeke, Dlaw, Jaylon we are going to lose a lot of our breathing room and CB is a position group we have a lot of talent/depth in.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, more so I see the logic. Obviously they could move Lewis instead, but then they have to pay Jones a hefty contract the following year right? If they dont plan to re-sign him we may as well get something of value. For the record Im a fan and Id like to keep the young stud.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fisher is a mouthpiece for the organization. He spits out what the organization wants to say. And he's laughably wrong to the point that he's openly mocked here.

My gut says they have been quietly shopping those guys (it would be prudent to do so especially since it's been said Jones might be the odd guy out) and when it got out because some other team told Forbes, Dallas tried to tamp down any discussion so they went with one of their favorite PR pawns - Mike Fisher.

I'll agree to disagree. I can't think of the last - or any - time that Chad Forbes delivered any Cowboys insight whatsoever. So Fisher has him there.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If anything, we need another CB, trading them is just silly IMO.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I love how this franchise is finally getting their heads on straight. They should have traded Lawrence last season and not wait until the end. Obviously you want to keep him but you can't overpay. I totally love this philosophy. Especially in the backfield cornerbacks play their entire careers on Islands. It's not much of a transition as other positions.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If anything, we need another CB, trading them is just silly IMO.
NEED another corner, YES. Silly trading one of them, NO. How you figure we can pay all these guys with mega contracts that they want? answer, WE WON'T,CAN'T....and I guarantee you its better to get a draft pick than nothing at all in return for them.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I don’t know why people are so eager to trade the best CB we’ve had in years for a 2nd round pick.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I love how this franchise is finally getting their heads on straight. They should have treated Lawrence last season and not wait until the end. Obviously you want to keep him but you can't overpay. I totally love this philosophy. Especially in the backfield cornerbacks play their entire careers on Islands. It's not much of a transition as other positions.
true..but the blasted salary cap is an issue. We have multiple big name players with expiring deals, so SOMEBODY has to go. Cannot pay them all. Its a sad reality in the NFL. Now if this was baseball..Jerry could just open his checkbook and sign everyone. NO CAP.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Or they have their eye on a guy they really like but need a higher pick to go draft him.
Actually the guy Kris Richard. Loves was injured last season. We already have the replacement. I just don't recall his name

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t know why people are so eager to trade the best CB we’ve had in years for a 2nd round pick.
Lewis is the one I would keep easily. His ballhawking and coverage skills are better.He just doesn't have the height that Byron does.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
true..but the blasted salary cap is an issue. We have multiple big name players with expiring deals, so SOMEBODY has to go. Cannot pay them all. Its a sad reality in the NFL. Now if this was baseball..Jerry could just open his checkbook and sign everyone. NO CAP.
You have to love the good old days I'm old school football. The most money wins LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone remember the guy's name that got injured last season I think he's 6-3