Supposedly Cowboys had a second round grade on Weeden

plasticman

Reaction score
We haven't seen the last of Brandon Weeden. His arm strength is legit. He was the most accurate short range passer this season, now and at the time he was starting.

Without Dez Bryant. With an undeveloped running game averaging 3.2 yards a carry after the 1st quarter, 2nd worse in the league. With a defense missing players because of suspensions and injuries. ,

After 5 games Weeden was ranked 3rd in completion percentage of short range passes, sandwiched between Ben Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson. In this category, he was tied for 6th place in yards per attempt, with Aaron Rodgers.

He could pass long but didn't have a receiver who could catch them. He threw six times to Terrance Williams, who caught two. He was 5 of 11 for 150 yards going long, You don't want to compare this to Cassell, which isn't my point anyway.

My point is that Weeden will get another opportunity. He'll be on somebody's team next year. Cassell will be back on the streets.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I think Weden is better than Cassel

When Cassel first came in and was throwing picks all over the place, but we were actually moving the ball pretty well? I would have thought this was crazy.

Now, though? I'm starting to think Weeden may have been better.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
We haven't seen the last of Brandon Weeden. His arm strength is legit. He was the most accurate short range passer this season, now and at the time he was starting.

Without Dez Bryant. With an undeveloped running game averaging 3.2 yards a carry after the 1st quarter, 2nd worse in the league. With a defense missing players because of suspensions and injuries. ,

After 5 games Weeden was ranked 3rd in completion percentage of short range passes, sandwiched between Ben Roethlisberger and Russell Wilson. In this category, he was tied for 6th place in yards per attempt, with Aaron Rodgers.

He could pass long but didn't have a receiver who could catch them. He threw six times to Terrance Williams, who caught two. He was 5 of 11 for 150 yards going long, You don't want to compare this to Cassell, which isn't my point anyway.

My point is that Weeden will get another opportunity. He'll be on somebody's team next year. Cassell will be back on the streets.

And we will still have a wasted season . . . . . . . . .

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

You're welcome to come get him off the Texans plane in a few hours..please.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My point is that Weeden will get another opportunity. He'll be on somebody's team next year.

QB's with experience but not good enough to start are just like kickers, they change teams all the time. I find your comment very easy to believe.