Surprise cut predictions

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dontari Poe because of his stance on something we cant discuss and calling out Jones. With the emergence of hill this is a possibility i think

And if that happens, there will be large red letters telling us we aren't allowed to discuss cutting Dontari Poe... lol/smh

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think there will be any surprise cuts. Given the shortened preseason without any games, I think McCarthy and most other HC's are going to be very conservative in their cuts, picking veterans over rookies and 2nd year lower tier players. It's unfair but fairness isn't the goal here.
Coaches are going to go with the known commodity with less information to thoroughly evaluate the new guys.

cristglo

Reaction score
Crawford
Clinton-Dix
Someone in else the secondary- maybe Jourdan Lewis
Punter Chris Jones (and we pick up someone better who was cut)

DiNucci (maybe placed on practice squad)
DiNucci can be put on PC and protected per new rule so I could easily see him going there
Word coming out of camp is Chris Jones has bounced back and has shown his strong leg. He was injured last year and he seems to be completely healed

luckyman76

Reaction score
Given what's happened, it's looking somewhat smarter that they didn't.

But I will still contend that they had every opportunity to lower that salary and keep him if they wanted to, and like last year, they passed up the opportunity to recoup millions of cap dollars that they will be crying about not having next year.

This is 100% due to the Dak contract situation and in my opinion they should still put the screws to him right now.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Is there a bigger contrast about how CZ feels about a player versus how the organization feels about him than Tyrone Crawford?

He's not going anywhere. If he remains healthy he'll play a lot this season.
for sure and i put my trust in professional football organization and the new staffs opinion vs these fans in here..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Expecting Dalton to be a one year deal you are absolutely right.
They need Dinucci for next year.
Back up QBs are expensive on the open market.
agreed you bring him along like NE did Garoppolo as JG started out 3rd and moved to second showed a bit so much so someone in NE wanted to keep him over tom and let tom walk, maybe they should have given toms a Buc now anyway..

if they treat Dinucci right and bring him along this season and next off season correctly maybe hes daks Backup and future starter. sounds good but lets see how this plays out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Theres always a surprise or two at final cut downs.

A new staff can add to the possibility.

Who do you folks think may be let go that we didnt see coming?

(I'll post my choice later. Dont want the thread to be a debate why to keep that player)
devin smith, joe jackson,

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HHCD is on his way out anyway.

I'm not so sure. The team did guarantee him like $2 million in salary for this year, and while he may not be beating out Thompson, I'd still think that he's 3rd or 4th on the team's safety depth chart.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. The team did guarantee him like $2 million in salary for this year, and while he may not be beating out Thompson, I'd still think that he's 3rd or 4th on the team's safety depth chart.
Cant afford to cut that guy as crazy as that sounds.