Surprise cut predictions

Qcard

Reaction score
Andy Dalton - DiNucci and Clayton won't make it to PS

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dix for sure.

Crawford? 0 chance.

Lee? Interesting.. He'd have to look terrible in camp.

Agree on Crawford. We're desperate for pass rushing DTs. Can't cut him.

2mil of Lee already gtd. Only 2.5mil left. 750k in active roster bonuses. Might be worth 1.75mill just to coach on the sidelines, and ease him into a coaching job here. And that's the worst case scenario.

He started 13 games and played all 16 last year. Hard to believe he'd fall so far off the cliff.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Donny Wilson better not get cut. He has had a nice camp. We need bodies back there at safety and MM loves rotating his safeties in and out. I think if we wanna a surprise cut, watch out for Sean Lee. We really haven't heard much out of him and he has already been on the training table. This is a young mans game and it wouldn't shock me if he were cut,then retires and becomes one of our coaches. I just don't see him staying healthy again.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Some good names being thrown out there but I don’t see any of those players getting cut. The most likely is Dix, but in a year without preseason it’s difficult to make the call of keeping an UDFA and cutting a vet.

If you want a surprise, I’ll go with Poe. Gallimore and Hill have looked good and you could make the case that either he or Woods are expendable. But I think they want as much depth on that dline as possible.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Dix - if ET is signed, it happens that day.
Lee- Maybe, especially if Benard is as good as we are being told.

Both Lee and Dix are around halfway gtd. Both were starters last year.

Not too many bodies at LB, but maybe they do have too many bodies at S if we get ET.
ET, Woods, Thompson, Wilson, Robinson

And Dix would be a short timer. Dix, Woods, and ET would be short timers. That's more than I like.

Although I expect Wilson makes the PS if we cut him. Still, they seem to like Thompson too, and he's got another year cheap.

For the remaining money and the potential to come around, I'd like to keep Dix, but maybe you're right that he's gone because their isn't a lot of space for him. Will be interesting to see how they value this year vs. value in the future. Seems like this year we were willing to get a little older, and rely on 1yr vets more.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Trysten Hill's stock is way up right now. I doubt even without the McCoy injury he would have anything to worry about.

He was reportedly giving Zack Martin problems in the scrimmage.

He's one of the guys im excited to watch week 1.
From everything Ive been hearing about Hill, it wouldnt shock me if he is named the week 1 starter

Rayman70

Reaction score
Some good names being thrown out there but I don’t see any of those players getting cut. The most likely is Dix, but in a year without preseason it’s difficult to make the call of keeping an UDFA and cutting a vet.

If you want a surprise, I’ll go with Poe. Gallimore and Hill have looked good and you could make the case that either he or Woods are expendable. But I think they want as much depth on that dline as possible.
NO WAY POE gets cut. We need bodies at DT. Last thing we should do is take a position of need and weaken it further. Losing McCoy was huge. We need everyone we have at DT. Hill coukd actually be cut,but like I said, we need bodies there.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Crawford is not going anywhere and second of all there is NO PAYCUT. He is valuable to the team because he can play multiple positions.

9darter

Reaction score
In this day and age I'm not surprised if they'll severe Dix.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bernard could very well push one of them off but wouldn't be shocking.
True that Bernard pushing March off the roster wouldn't really be a surprise, but if he pushed Thomas off, I think that would be unexpected.

quickccc

Reaction score
True that Bernard pushing March off the roster wouldn't really be a surprise, but if he pushed Thomas off, I think that would be unexpected.

what abut pushing Luke Gifford off ... ?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
what abut pushing Luke Gifford off ... ?
I had a few guys being casualties who may be hurt by no preseason and coaching changes. Gifford and Noah Brown were two of them but it seems like Brown might find a spot on this team. Can’t say the same for Gifford though.