Surprised by fan reactions (re: contracts)

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you even know what Zeke has been paid? He signed a 4 year, $24,956,341 contract, including a $16,350,066 signing bonus, $24,506,340 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,239,085. During the 2019 offseason, the Cowboys activated the 5th year option in his contract allowing him an addition $9,000,000. He doesn't sound very under paid to me. He is actually one of the highest paid RBs in the league, especially under a rookie contract... it's quite generous under the current CBA rules.

Jerry, also agreed to that contract. Zeke, has outplayed it, time to move on.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Jerry has adapted. He ain’t paying Divas and Knuckleheads.

This x1000

This ain't your late 1990s-early 2000s Dallas Cowboys. That doesn't necessarily translate into SB Championships, but it's a better model to work with. Look at how much better the drafting has been since 20 some odd years ago.

kskboys

Reaction score
AP and Zeke are two different people. Your response, while sarcastic is not cerebral.
Actually, that was in response to your post which was far from cerebral itself!!!!

Zeke wouldn't be the first player to blow through his money quickly. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all that he's running short. I have no idea at all what his financial brain is like, do you?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
What would YOU do?
I'd be out there with my teammates because I love the game of football. I would do what was asked of me knowing that if I did it well, I would get my pay day. Jones is a player's owner. He will help you out in any way possible and he will definitely pay you if you play well. But Zeke has crossed him. Jerry is a guy you really don't want to cross because then you don't get the benefits of that generous side.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'd be out there with my teammates because I love the game of football. I would do what was asked of me knowing that if I did it well, I would get my pay day. Jones is a player's owner. He will help you out in any way possible and he will definitely pay you if you play well. But Zeke has crossed him. Jerry is a guy you really don't want to cross because then you don't get the benefits of that generous side.

That was beautifully written and I must take you at your word. I couldn't care less about Jerry and the power he weilds.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually, that was in response to your post which was far from cerebral itself!!!!

Zeke wouldn't be the first player to blow through his money quickly. It's not out of the realm of possibility at all that he's running short. I have no idea at all what his financial brain is like, do you?

But you cannot paint with a broad brush. You are a man of intelligence. You are the one casting aspersions. I have no reason to defend my stance.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because he signed a contract. He agreed to the terms. He got his guaranteed money. Now he wants more and is refusing to play despite being in the top 10 average contract value.

The season is yet to start, and posturing is a part of negotiation. I get the angst, not the anger.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry, also agreed to that contract. Zeke, has outplayed it, time to move on.
Outplaying the contract doesn't have anything to do with getting a new contract, 2 years early. The contents between the 4 corners of that contract hold both parties to certain responsibilities. You are right, Jerry agreed to that contract too but unlike Zeke, Jerry has more than held up his part of the agreement. It's not time to move on because Zeke is not at work despite being under contract.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Outplaying the contract doesn't have anything to do with getting a new contract, 2 years early. The contents between the 4 corners of that contract hold both parties to certain responsibilities. You are right, Jerry agreed to that contract too but unlike Zeke, Jerry has more than held up his part of the agreement. It's not time to move on because Zeke is not at work despite being under contract.

Zeke is still a part of the team. They will work it out. Like your response.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke is still a part of the team. They will work it out. Like your response.
The only "working it out" is Zeke's capitulation. Jerry has made it clear he is willing to allow Zeke to sit out the entire season without a new contract.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only "working it out" is Zeke's capitulation. Jerry has made it clear he is willing to allow Zeke to sit out the entire season without a new contract.

That is a part of negotiation. I can live with it.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sitting out is not negotiation, it's not complying. He'll be no closer to a new contract a year from now with that tactic.

In the many years of the NFL, how many players have held out for contract purposes?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In the many years of the NFL, how many players have held out for contract purposes?
Never before has a player on a rookie contract with 2 years left on the contract held out. Zeke must think he's more special than any player that has ever played. He's in for a very rude awakening.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never before has a player on a rookie contract with 2 years left on the contract held out. Zeke must think he's more special than any player that has ever played. He's in for a very rude awakening.

I don't believe he thinks he is special. The market toward RB's has changed and he sees the writing on the wall.