Surprised by fan reactions (re: contracts)

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There you go with your rude arrogance again. Placing your way over mine by saying my way does not matter is not a salient argument. I can just as easily say your way does not matter. At least I acknowledge rookie contracts are based on a different set of rules and are limited in comparison to veteran contracts. You would seemingly have us believe all contracts are governed by the same set of rules when that is not the case.

Are you arrogant or do you just not have any self awareness to see that you probably have not spent hundreds of hours over the past couple of decades studying the NFL salary cap.

When other posters tell you something, there is a very good chance that they know more about the subject than you do.

People with self-awareness of their own limitations would be able to review posts from various other posters and would be able to see which ones probably know more than they know about a subject.

You are a fan that appears to know less than just about anyone that I've seen on this message board with regards to details about football.

Even the troll posters know more details than what you appear to know.

I've tried to help you understand some simple concepts such that you would not continue to post things that everyone laughs about.

I should have known that if you have not learned anything up to this point in life about these subjects that you were not going to listen to anyone that tried to help you learn something.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you arrogant or do you just not have any self awareness to see that you probably have not spent hundreds of hours over the past couple of decades studying the NFL salary cap.

When other posters tell you something, there is a very good chance that they know more about the subject than you do.

People with self-awareness of their own limitations would be able to review posts from various other posters and would be able to see which ones probably know more than they know about a subject.

You are a fan that appears to know less than just about anyone that I've seen on this message board with regards to details about football.

Even the troll posters know more details than what you appear to know.

I've tried to help you understand some simple concepts such that you would not continue to post things that everyone laughs about.

I should have known that if you have not learned anything up to this point in life about these subjects that you were not going to listen to anyone that tried to help you learn something.
Despite your attempts to degrade me and ignore my argument, the fact remains, you would have everyone believe all contracts are based on the same set of rules while I acknowledge, rookie contracts are based on a separate set of rules than veteran contracts. Rather than accepting this truth you ignore it and turn your disagreement into a personal attack on me. When you do this you abandon the debate and thus lose the argument.

Dre11

Reaction score
You said no one else ever mentioned it except Lawrence's team and the media. I showed you a quote where Stephen Jones directly addressed it during negotiations. In his quote, he mentioned it mattering. But I guess he was lying you know, because it didn't matter and all, lol. But it's okay. Lawrence lost, remember? Lol.

If you saw the full interview, he was asked BY THE MEDIA. He elaborated on it .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Despite your attempts to degrade me and ignore my argument, the fact remains, you would have everyone believe all contracts are based on the same set of rules while I acknowledge, rookie contracts are based on a separate set of rules than veteran contracts. Rather than accepting this truth you ignore it and turn your disagreement into a personal attack on me. When you do this you abandon the debate and thus lose the argument.
If you call my posts arrogant then I'm going to call your posts idiotic.

There in not some magic set of rules with regards to rookie contracts.

There is a rookie cap which limits rookie contracts but there is not any magic that prevents rookie contracts from being compared to veteran contracts.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If you saw the full interview, he was asked BY THE MEDIA. He elaborated on it .

Then Stephen would have said, "that's not a factor" if it truly wasn't a factor, right? Did he have a gun to his head to make him opine as if it was a factor?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you call my posts arrogant then I'm going to call your posts idiotic.

There in not some magic set of rules with regards to rookie contracts.

There is a rookie cap which limits rookie contracts but there is not any magic that prevents rookie contracts from being compared to veteran contracts.
"Arrogant" is an appropriate description of your argument because your only counterpoint is that my method "does not matter". On the other hand, you call my post "idiotic" is a defense mechanism. In both cases, it is indicative that you have lost objectivity and thus losing the argument.

While it is true, the rookie pay scale in the current CBA is not "magic", it is a very real limitation to rookie contracts(apples) that doesn't apply to veteran contracts(oranges). Understanding that, you can not fairly compare all contracts(apples and oranges) by looking at their average. Veteran contracts(oranges) will always have the advantage. Zeke is still playing under a rookie contract(apples), or at least he would be if he didn't hold out.

When you are interested in comparing apples to apples or oranges to oranges then we can have a fair debate. Until then, your wish to compare apples to oranges is not something I'm interested in debating as it is not a fair consideration.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lol...no you're trying to get out with your tail tucked because you got called on the salary cap. You have no idea what they've offered, so you don't know if it's low ball offer or not. You're lost as usual.

Lol.. that’s not even close to what happened bruh.. you looked ridiculous so your next step was to basically try to argue I had no idea that there was a salary cap in the NFL.. take the L homie..

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

This has been discussed before. Dak wants "Russell Wilson money"; which is to say, around $35 million. If Dallas offered Dak $30 million, than he wouldn't get the $35 million unless his agent counter-offered with a way-too-high number. Negotiations often end by meeting in the middle.

Jane Slater's sources somehow got wind of the $40 million "demand"; but Dak, his agent, and the Cowboys all know that wasn't happening. I could imagine DeMarcus Lawrence's agent had some unreal numbers thrown out there too at some point.

kskboys

Reaction score
Over the years I’ve discovered that fans are extremely critical of everything our front office does. Either critical or cynical. The fans on this site are especially tough on the Jones family due to the long drought of success.

So when I’m reading such positive things about the front office’s stand regarding team contracts, I’m actually more than a little surprised.

To the players: when the fans start siding with the owner over your contract demands, you are in big trouble. That is rare air, maybe moreso in Dallas. When you start to lose the fans, you are in trouble. Time to talk to your agents and find a compromise. Get a fair contract signed, young guys.
A lot of it is due to being offered a ton and acting as if it's a bad offer w/ some blather about disrespect.

Dre11

Reaction score
This has been discussed before. Dak wants "Russell Wilson money"; which is to say, around $35 million. If Dallas offered Dak $30 million, than he wouldn't get the $35 million unless his agent counter-offered with a way-too-high number. Negotiations often end by meeting in the middle.

Jane Slater's sources somehow got wind of the $40 million "demand"; but Dak, his agent, and the Cowboys all know that wasn't happening. I could imagine DeMarcus Lawrence's agent had some unreal numbers thrown out there too at some point.
Word is the cowboys leaked it . Per Fisher.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol.. that’s not even close to what happened bruh.. you looked ridiculous so your next step was to basically try to argue I had no idea that there was a salary cap in the NFL.. take the L homie..

Apparently you didn't homie, yoh came with the gambling sh*** when that has nothing to do with Dak"s contract. His contract will be negotiated with the salary cap in mind homie. You take the L homie.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don’t you think Dak deserves some of the fan’s fury for wanting $40 million a year? At least Zeke is one of the very best at his position so he is justified for wanting to be paid like one of the best. Dak is rated at below average to average and he is wanting to be paid like the top QB in the league. Why no mention of Dak’s greed? Yes, when a player wants twice his value, it is pure greed with no consideration for the team.

Is Dak holding out?

I dont give a dam how much Dak is asking for, his arse is on the field...………….cant say the same about Zeke, now can we?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He won't work under the old contract.

His base salary for 2019 is ranked 433rd in the NFL.

So simple.

Its not an old contract, its his current contract.

And using your logic, every player could then want a new contract literally every season if they think they outplayed the deal. Jaylon just signed a 5 year deal, should he decided 2 years from now he needs more money and say he wont work under the so called "old contract"?

So you think every player on the entire team should be able to redo their contracts virtually every season if they think they are not being paid what they are worth? Because if Zeke does it, what keeps the next rookie we draft in the first round from playing 3 years and then wanting the Brinks truck to back up to his door?

The team cannot set the precedent that they are going to ignore multiple years left on contracts for every player on the team, they just cant operate like that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Its not an old contract, its his current contract.

And using your logic, every player could then want a new contract literally every season if they think they outplayed the deal. Jaylon just signed a 5 year deal, should he decided 2 years from now he needs more money and say he wont work under the so called "old contract"?

So you think every player on the entire team should be able to redo their contracts virtually every season if they think they are not being paid what they are worth? Because if Zeke does it, what keeps the next rookie we draft in the first round from playing 3 years and then wanting the Brinks truck to back up to his door?

The team cannot set the precedent that they are going to ignore multiple years left on contracts for every player on the team, they just cant operate like that.

When they are an elite level player, which Zeke is, and they are clearly under paid, then Yes.

Yes. They should hold out for a new deal.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think a lot of people are turning on Zeke. I'm personally done with him and couldn't care less if he ever returns. Greedy SOB. Trade him to Buffalo. Him and Beasley can complain about the Cowboys together.

Why is he greedy?