Surprised by fan reactions (re: contracts)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the Cowboys weren't making him offers that would be true. As long as they're still putting offers out there, it's not.
Watch the game and stop being so gullible. There aren't any offers being made by the Cowboys. Lies, lies, lies.

Cmac

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are turning on Zeke. I'm personally done with him and couldn't care less if he ever returns. Greedy SOB. Trade him to Buffalo. Him and Beasley can complain about the Cowboys together.
That's what we see on the board....but if you talk about Witten, Lee, or Dak….well you know.

jnday

Reaction score
Dak is arguing it's okay for him to get the top pay now because in a few years when other QBs get paid he will fall back down into the pack because the cap will continue to go up. This would be fine if all QBs were created equal. I agree this should happen with all the QBs in the same level. All the elite QBs should get higher contracts as time goes by. But a B level QB should NEVER jump an A level QB in salary. If Dak becomes an elite A level QB then okay, he can have the top contract when he signs. He is not that yet though so he can kick rocks if he is intent on that.

Zeke is an elite A level RB but his problem is he has TWO years left on his contract. If he tried this next year, I'd be much more sympathetic to him because RBs are not paid enough IMO. Doing this now though is way too early and so I have not much sympathy at all for him.

Cooper played like an elite WR last year IMO. I would wait to pay him like an elite WR though until he could prove it again through the first half of this next season. If he plays like he did in 2018, I personally would have no problem if they offered him a contract that paid him the most at the time.
In all of their cases, they need to be payed by their value now instead of worrying about their pay in the future. Dak is wanting the highest contract in NFL history, but he is ranked somewhere between 22nd and 15th by various media outlets. He should be paid like the 15th best QB in the league. He is trying to to get the Cowboys to overpay him before Zeke or Cooper moves on and he is exposed for being the QB that he really is. It would be stupid to pay $40 million or even $30 million to the 15th at best rated QB in the league.

jnday

Reaction score
Word is the cowboys leaked it . Per Fisher.
And three days afterwards, when things settled down, it was confirmed that Dak’s camp floated the $40 million out there. Who knows at this point?

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m honestly surprised that people have been stressing about Dak’s potential contract, literally the entire off-season.

It’s incredible.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's what we see on the board....but if you talk about Witten, Lee, or Dak….well you know.
Or Jaylon or DLaw or Cooper. Yup, some players are untouchable. Especially those who don't hold the team hostage w/ outrageous salary demands!!!

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Watch the game and stop being so gullible. There aren't any offers being made by the Cowboys. Lies, lies, lies.

Yeah, I should be like you and create my own reality to protect my feelz. :muttley:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, I should be like you and create my own reality to protect my feelz. :muttley:
So you think Zeke's betrayal to Jerry is just going to slide? You obviously have no clue of what's going on here. Zeke screwed up big time. He's not getting a new contract this season. If that hurts your "feelz", that's just too bad.

Cmac

Reaction score
Or Jaylon or DLaw or Cooper. Yup, some players are untouchable. Especially those who don't hold the team hostage w/ outrageous salary demands!!!
….but Dez (or any other player) can get released with 2 years left on contract. So when a guy "outplays" his contract.....Ownership wants it both ways, and you do too? I got it. 8-8 here we come.