Swaim was outstanding today

lwehlers

Reaction score
Ill say this, I think Swaim allows you to look at Evan Engram type TE's in the draft.
this coaching staff would not know how to use a player like that. I thought rico was going to be that type of tightend but he cannot even get on the field. unless a tightend can play all three downs then that guy is useless to this coaching staff.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this coaching staff would not know how to use a player like that. I thought rico was going to be that type of tightend but he cannot even get on the field. unless a tightend can play all three downs then that guy is useless to this coaching staff.
To you your first, you are probably right. But there is still a very good chance we have a new staff

To your second. Rico sucks

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Swaim is a borderline starter. As a number 2 guy he would be pretty good. He is dependable and a pretty solid all around guy. Can block a little, can catch a little. It is a position that we have to improve for this offense to get better down the road.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
When he got hurt in 2016 is when our offense started to sputter. I think he got hurt in the Pittsburgh game and that was the high point offensively that season in terms of things clicking.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Relative:
  1. something dependent upon external conditions for its specific nature, size, etc. (opposed to absolute).

I know what the term relative means.

The OP simply stated that Swaim was outstanding today. Nothing else. So relative to what, is 40 yards outstanding? Relative to a back up TE? Relative to the worse tight ends in the league? Because 40 yards isn’t an outstanding game relative to even average TE’s in the NFL.

It was a mediocre game at best by NFL standards.

I don’t hate Swaim either. I like him. But he should be a back-up in this offense. That’s what he is. A back up quality guy. Nothing wrong with that.

stiletto

Reaction score
Swaim has been totally solid. It is hard to replace a guy like Witten and 99% of TEs couldn't. The dropoff in our O isnt related to just that... It has more to do with our OC not being able to do anything to compensate. Linnehan sucks..