Swaim was outstanding today

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I know what the term relative means.

The OP simply stated that Swaim was outstanding today. Nothing else. So relative to what, is 40 yards outstanding? Relative to a back up TE? Relative to the worse tight ends in the league? Because 40 yards isn’t an outstanding game relative to even average TE’s in the NFL.

It was a mediocre game at best by NFL standards.

I don’t hate Swaim either. I like him. But he should be a back-up in this offense. That’s what he is. A back up quality guy. Nothing wrong with that.
How was his blocking?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Swaim has been pretty solid for most of the season.

I agree. I could never understand why people kept saying that tight end was such a huge need. Swaim isn't a star, but he's solid, and has performed when called upon.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
He's the only TE look looks like a TE and not a probate attorney or basketball player

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He’s a nice player
But I still think Dak needs another option there
A athletic guy who can do those seam routes
But swain is a solid player

I think that role was supposed to be Schultz's gig...but that dude is dumb. Surprising for a Stanford guy. He's clueless in the blocking game. He's missed a ton of assignments so far. Getting the impression...the coaching staff is shying away from him until he figures out the playbook.:rolleyes:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What percentage of his targets is he catching?

I don't know, but that shoe string snag today was pretty impressive.

I like Swaim because he's an ok TE, and just looks so uncomfortable lumbering around the field most of the time. And then every now and then he does something that's actually athletic and you're sort of shocked he's able to.

John813

Reaction score
lol, what makes you think this team wants a pass catching TE?

If they can inline block I'm sure the team would love a better pass catching TE.

Same offense that gave Witten 60-80+ catches a year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing they need to do is use Swaim or any TE on some seam routes.
Linehan refuses to use seam routes and could use more slants.

That is not on Swaim, it is on the scheme.

conner01

Reaction score
I think that role was supposed to be Schultz's gig...but that dude is dumb. Surprising for a Stanford guy. He's clueless in the blocking game. He's missed a ton of assignments so far. Getting the impression...the coaching staff is shying away from him until he figures out the playbook.:rolleyes:
I think that was the best option availible and he showed some promise in college but he’s far from ready and not that athletic

jrumann59

Reaction score
One thing they need to do is use Swaim or any TE on some seam routes.
Linehan refuses to use seam routes and could use more slants.

That is not on Swaim, it is on the scheme.
I think that is more Dak. Dak's scatter shot shows he does not throw a lot over the middle he prefers outside the hashes..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm on-board with this idea as well. Is he going to be a FA anybody know?

I think he signed a new contract this past off season. It would have to be a trade.
So we will draft one. Unless there is a FA out there.

I seen where NE may be done with Gronk. But I say no, too often injured.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If he could just stay on the field he could be a verty serviceable 1b or 2 and hes made some nice plays..we still need to look toward the draft or FA and get a dynamic TE to start..If a Safety isn't there at 2 and a TE is I might have to look that way...Gallup, Cooper, and TE1? thats what we need for the future..we will be better next year with this core.. I imagine Twill, Hurns, Jarwin, Rico all gone next year.. Add Cedric Wilso off IR as a potential good guy, maybe Shuktz develops..Bease resigns possibly? so yes a Dynamic TE would be great..