Swaim was outstanding today

dogberry

Reaction score
Per fantasy sites' Swaim has 32 targets with 26 receptions.

That is 81 percent.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Relative:
  1. something dependent upon external conditions for its specific nature, size, etc. (opposed to absolute).

He got 3 yards of RAC, for the first time. Drink it in and savor it friends, it may never come this way again.

Swaim was fine yesterday, he is finally stepping up to be a bit of the safety value role that Witten held for 15 years. He is still a backup forced into a starting role though.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I guess if all of our other skilled players only score 1 TD a year then I guess that's ok too!!!!!

Get a grip. Our te core has been subpar for years and hasn't been worthy of their overinvolvement as receivers.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Per fantasy sites' Swaim has 32 targets with 26 receptions.

That is 81 percent.[/QUO

That's because he's catching uncontested 3-4 yard checkdowns. Those are the easiest to complete. He's not catching many passes down the field, on 3rd down, or in the end zone. All those plays he's just a ghost in the stat column.

TheHerd

Reaction score
this coaching staff would not know how to use a player like that. I thought rico was going to be that type of tightend but he cannot even get on the field. unless a tightend can play all three downs then that guy is useless to this coaching staff.

Ertz wouldn't be on the field with this staff, that's for sure.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Ertz wouldn't be on the field with this staff, that's for sure.
If we had Bo Jackson on the Bench they wouldn't put Zeke in the slot and Bo in the backfield. No dual slot wr FORMATIONS w Austin and Beasely THAN CAN BEAT THE BLITZ either!

They gotta stink it up in the same vanilla te FORMATION that spells our plays and can't beat the BLITZ and win playoff games. YOU CANT CONTINUE TO TARGET GUYS THAT CANT SCORE, MAKE WINNING PLAYS, OR MOVE THE CHAINS!!! EVERYONE ELSE has to pick up his slack of black N white production as a receiver and our QB cannot rely on him for every down and distance as indicated in his PRODUCTION. 1 TD a year makes you an everydown te on no other squad in the NFL besides the Dallas Cowboys.

He's caught not one ball that made a difference in any games because he cannot make passing plays when it matters!!! Like on 3rd down, in the end zone, or even downfield but he's been GIVEN AN EVERYDOWN PLAYER CARD FOR JUST SHOWING UP

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got 3 yards of RAC, for the first time. Drink it in and savor it friends, it may never come this way again.

Swaim was fine yesterday, he is finally stepping up to be a bit of the safety value role that Witten held for 15 years. He is still a backup forced into a starting role though.

I thought one of the other 3 would surpass him this season as the top receiving option at TE but it has not happened

Kaiser

Reaction score
I thought one of the other 3 would surpass him this season as the top receiving option at TE but it has not happened

I'll see your post and raise you a "I thought ALL three of the others would surpass Swaim".

I was wrong, but that could easily be the situation at the start of Training Camp next year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Doing a great job. A big drop off from him to our other TE. Haven’t even seen Rico. Has he even been on the field?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

LVE COULD LINE UP AT TE LIKE JJ WATT in the red zone and catch 5-6 TDS a year. Nope its gotta be the one TD guy everydown same losing % Garrett ran non potent passing attack as usual. Why

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll see your post and raise you a "I thought ALL three of the others would surpass Swaim".

I was wrong, but that could easily be the situation at the start of Training Camp next year.

Mainly I thought Jarwin would be the "receiving" TE.

Shultz is a rookie mid round pick.

Rico is about equivalent to a rookie at this point. He needed 1 season of actually some snaps in real games before it was realistic for him to have a chance to be a legit NFL player.

Paradox

Reaction score
Swaim is really good at catching the ball when it is two inches from the ground. Impressive for a big guy.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE COULD LINE UP AT TE LIKE JJ WATT in the red zone and catch 5-6 TDS a year. Nope its gotta be the one TD guy everydown same losing % Garrett ran non potent passing attack as usual. Why

Vander Esch is awesome and probably one of the more intelligent players on the team but he is a rookie that does not need more on his plate.

When he made that big play in coverage on the TE down by the goalline it did occur to me that he would be a really good TE.

Julius Peppers was a difficult match-up in his early years as a situational TE.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I completely agree. People forget that typically with pass blocking and run blocking, the TE is essentially part of the Oline. With Swain out, the line really suffered. He is holding his own now. I think he can be a very good 2nd TE. We need a true #1 however.

Losing Witten was a huge blow to this offense. It left Dak without a dependable 3rd down go to guy and it also took a good blocker off the line.

Good post.

Dak was already losing Witten in 2017.

Witten was still better than the other options but it was shocking how athletic ability he seemed to lose just from 2016 to 2017.

In 2017 on 3rd and long, defense often didn't really cover him until he got to the sticks. They knew that if he caught it short of the sticks they could tackle him before he got the 1st down.

It seems like a simple issue but it made it much easier for defenses to defend 3rd and long because they could focus on the WRs and just tackle Witten if he caught it short of the sticks.

There are still situations in 2018 where it would be good to have him on the field but the concept of him playing 100% of the offensive snaps should have ended sometime before 2017.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
There was a discussion about the offense before the season on The Athletic, I believe. One of the journalists stated Swaim was the best TE on the team. Just FYI.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's solid. Not going to hurt you in either the run or pass game. Ideally he's a good #2 TE.