T. J. Watt 22.5 sacks, Taco Charlton?

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'm not saying they wouldn't have addressed the position. What i'm saying is if you had Watt on this team last year you are not 6-10 you are probably closer to 8-8 or 9-7 and that would've had you out of reach for Parsons.
I’m not convinced that Watt would had won us another two or more games in last years sh;@show after all the defense’s main problem was stopping the run which is not exactly Watt’s forte.
And even if we did win another game, maybe we pick 12th anyway which is where we picked Mica( after the trade down)

IrishAnto

Reaction score
And in this past draft - eleven teams picking in front of Dallas valued a player at another position over Micah Parsons.
So just because they screwed up doesn’t mean we have to.
Watt was the better player and it was obvious at the time.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
- The DL would would have been better, because Watt was a much more natural pure pass rusher than Taco (whose film tape i just hated ..!)

...but i don't think WAtt would've been quite as the impact here with Marinelli ..that he was in Pittsburgh,
He would not have been able to flip flop side to side, ..one end to another ..Marinelli wouldve beaten him up as a DE.

- As good of a impact player and skilled player Parson is .. the way Quinn is scheming helps stands him out tha much more

- If Marinelli was still here as DC, ..Rod probably would've had him exclusively at middle LB, instead of all over.
Rod wanted things simple.
Yes but Watt under Dan the man!!!

links18

Reaction score
We should ban TJ Watt threads. Literally everyone who was ever drafted #2 or later was passed up by someone.

Could make a thread of hall of famers and say “why could’ve been” to all the teams before them. Heck how many threads could fans of teams who drafted before us in this past draft making about Micah?
It's not just that we didn't take Watt, it's who we took instead.

817Gill

Reaction score
It's not just that we didn't take Watt, it's who we took instead.
Changes nothing. Still a re-tread topic that’s been beaten into the dirt. Don’t know how the conversation can be had any more times.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
- The DL would would have been better, because Watt was a much more natural pure pass rusher than Taco (whose film tape i just hated ..!)

...but i don't think WAtt would've been quite as the impact here with Marinelli ..that he was in Pittsburgh,
He would not have been able to flip flop side to side, ..one end to another ..Marinelli wouldve beaten him up as a DE.

- As good of a impact player and skilled player Parson is .. the way Quinn is scheming helps stands him out tha much more

- If Marinelli was still here as DC, ..Rod probably would've had him exclusively at middle LB, instead of all over.
Rod wanted things simple.
That's the thing. You take Watt...I feel like Maranelli is still here and probably Garrett too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Would the team have been better if we drafted one of the most talented defenders in the NFL over a bum? Difficult question to answer.
You're missing my point. I asked the question because if he's "one of the most talented defenders in the NFL" then everything changes. You draft Watts and Maranelli and Garrett are still here....If he makes the impact you think he does we don't have Parsons....its not some "Add Watts to this current team".....this whole team would have a different make up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’m not convinced that Watt would had won us another two or more games in last years sh;@show after all the defense’s main problem was stopping the run which is not exactly Watt’s forte.
And even if we did win another game, maybe we pick 12th anyway which is where we picked Mica( after the trade down)
I don't see why not. I believe Parson's impact has won us a few games. I don't see why having Watt on last years team wouldn't have had a similar impact.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
One thing to that. You could make the case if we get Watt since he’s such a game changing player we wouldn’t have Parsons and Diggs. Might have not been in position to draft them.
That's the other side of the coin they don't want to address. The make up of this team is completely different if you draft Watt. Drafting Charlton is why you have the make up of this team you have. Everything happens for a reason.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
TJ Watt can feel good knowing nobody gifted his sack record.

I am glad Brett Favre's mockery of the record is over.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. Tj watt wouldn't be as good with Marinelli as DC.
2. We wouldn't have Parsons if we already had tj watt.

It sucks we missed out on tj but it's time to move on.

‘Move on’ to what? Being so fragile that you can’t talk about past mistakes?

No thanks.

I had to hear from people tryout defend and justify the pick then, so they’ll hear from me about it going forward.

blueblood70

Reaction score
DEAD HORSE
its been buried, dug up and buried 15 times now., get over it

who took who over Watt for the other 25 teams that past him? i mean weren't the only ones get over it people. Nonstory,

horse-dead.gif