T. J. Watt 22.5 sacks, Taco Charlton?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What no one ever mentions with these Watt laments is that he was hardly a slam dunk stud in 2017. He had one year of production and alot of injury concerns

You win some/lose some

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
‘Move on’ to what? Being so fragile that you can’t talk about past mistakes?

No thanks.

I had to hear from people tryout defend and justify the pick then, so they’ll hear from me about it going forward.
I think the solution is to just have stickied thread in the NFL Zone called "Today in 'We should have taken TJ Watt over Taco Charlton"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the solution is to just have stickied thread in the NFL Zone called "Today in 'We should have taken TJ Watt over Taco Charlton"

A mistake of this magnitude deserves a stickied thread in the Fan Zone. Where all of the homers who got it wrong can see it again and again. At least the ones who haven’t gone into hiding fill-time.

:laugh:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A mistake of this magnitude deserves a stickied thread in the Fan Zone. Where all of the homers who got it wrong can see it again and again. At least the ones who haven’t gone into hiding fill-time.

:laugh:
Well we are all wrong at times, and all right at times so I dont see that as necessary

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
No one will go down in infamy more than Randy Moss.
I can remember so vividly sitting there... Moss on a Silver Platter.... And then... GREG ELLIS.
I don't give a **** about the issues with Irvin... You pick the F-ing guy.
OMFG

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well we are all wrong at times, and all right at times so I dont see that as necessary

I also don’t see it as “necessary “ for people to try to pretend it didn’t happen or to chime in on the thread to tell others to “move on”.

As you suggest, it goes both ways. People defended the pick back then, take your medicine and deal with it now. If you need to “move on”, do so. In fact, some chose to “move on” right out of the forum.

They got their wish. The thread has now been banished to the desert of the NFL Zone.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I also don’t see it as “necessary “ for people to try to pretend it didn’t happen or to chime in on the thread to tell others to “move on”.

As you suggest, it goes both ways. People defended the pick back then, take your medicine and deal with it now. If you need to “move on”, do so. In fact, some chose to “move on” right out of the forum.

They got their wish. The thread has now been banished to the desert of the NFL Zone.
Its been 5 years lol. I was one of the first TJ Watt supporters, but whats done is done. The people that pushed for that pick are gone, do we really need a thread every time he does something?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
‘Move on’ to what? Being so fragile that you can’t talk about past mistakes?

No thanks.

I had to hear from people tryout defend and justify the pick then, so they’ll hear from me about it going forward.

There's always past mistakes. No point whining about it now. But you do u

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its been 5 years lol. I was one of the first TJ Watt supporters, but whats done is done. The people that pushed for that pick are gone, do we really need a thread every time he does something?

Some of us do, yes.

Never forget.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's always past mistakes. No point whining about it now. But you do u

Thanks for your unsolicited ‘permission’.

And you go ahead and “whine” about people bringing it up because you clearly can’t handle it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thanks for your unsolicited ‘permission’.

And you go ahead and “whine” about people bringing it up because you clearly can’t handle it.

Your welcome. Go ahead and whine about every single hof/good player they missed the last 25 years of you want. Maybe it helps you sleep but I think it's dumb but go ahead.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
hard to let this go when Watt is constantly doing stuff like this to remind us of that horrible decision.

Are you also haunted every time you see Google's stock price, knowing what you could have bought it for 15 years ago? Dude, let it go.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Feel free to think so. Many of us can handle the full picture with the Cowboys - good, bad, and ugly.
Its got nothing to do with handling the full picture. Ive been following this team 30 years rain and shine. Its about clinging and not clinging. People are just clinging to the fact that they were right about Watt. Thats what I see it as. Anytime Watt is brought, you see "I was right" chest thumping

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your welcome. Go ahead and whine about every single hof/good player they missed the last 25 years of you want. Maybe it helps you sleep but I think it's dumb but go ahead.

And here you are.

“Whining” about something “dumb”.

I guess you don’t see your own hypocrisy?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its got nothing to do with handling the full picture. Ive been following this team 30 years rain and shine. Its about clinging and not clinging. People are just clinging to the fact that they were right about Watt. Thats what I see it as. Anytime Watt is brought, you see "I was right" chest thumping

And why shouldn’t they? They had to listen to the homers back then, so why not be able to talk about it now?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And here you are.

“Whining” about something “dumb”.

I guess you don’t see your own hypocrisy?

Not whining. That's your job. Suggesting you move on from something pointless you can't change. You still cry over not drafting Randy moss or Brady or countless others too?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And why shouldn’t they? They had to listen to the homers back then, so why not be able to talk about it now?
You can all you want. No one stopping you. Calling you out isnt stopping. Clinging to something you were right about is pretty damn small. And this is coming from a person that was pretty spot on about Watt