T.O. Didn't make the HOF

skinsscalper

Reaction score
But you insist on me agreeing with you or I'm going to get an ear full of your disapproval. Since you have appointed yourself the purveyor of opinions that are worthy of consideration then you obviously would like me to be silenced. Your love of freedom of speech sounds insincere.

My opinion is no more significant than your own, mx. I haven't appointed myself anything other than the decider of what I deem worthy of MY consideration. Nothing more.

And, for the record, I wish for NO ONE to be silenced. Not you or anyone else.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My opinion is no more significant than your own, mx. I haven't appointed myself anything other than the decider of what I deem worthy of MY consideration. Nothing more.

And, for the record, I wish for NO ONE to be silenced. Not you or anyone else.

Then the next time my opinions differs from yours, just let it go. You're not going to change my mind. You're just going to reveal once again how you can not stand differing opinions.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not the one hypocritically telling people how they should approach others' opinions, mx. And, I never professed to be right, btw.

No, you're the on justifying what you did by accusing me of do it too. :muttley:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Unless a player did some heinous crime, whatever locker room problem/off the field issues they had doesn't matter in this situation. TO was for many years one of the best WRs the NFL has ever seen. Not every great player is going to be a saint with a perfect attitude. I dislike Moss very much, his antics in the locker room his second time around with the Vikings was shameful, but he deserves to be in the Hall as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don't think Moss or TO are first ballot HOFers in today's pass happy game.
Can't compare to Jerry Rice whom for much of his career could get mugged.

You act like Montana wasn't flinging the ball all over the field in the early 80s. If anything, I say Rice had the benefit of being in an innovative offense while defenses were trying to catch up.

perrykemp

Reaction score
You act like Montana wasn't flinging the ball all over the field in the early 80s. If anything, I say Rice had the benefit of being in an innovative offense while defenses were trying to catch up.

At age 40 Jerry Rice had 92 reception and 1211 yards.

At Age 40.

Think about that for a second.

Jerry Rice is the best player I've ever seen in my NFL watching lifetime, at any position. Admittedly I didn't start watching until 1981 or so.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

At Age 40.

Jerry Rice is the best player I've ever seen in my NFL watching lifetime, at any position. Admittedly I didn't start watching until 1981 or so.

I never stated Rice wasn't one of the greatest, I have him and Montana as two of best players in NFL history. But anyone suggesting Rice didn't have anything to benefit from while he was in his prime is kidding themselves.

Era doesn't matter much here, there's enough to argue here that Owens and Moss on play alone should be first ballot HOF. Both had the skills to be productive in any era, especially Moss. A lot of people forget that Owens also became a great player due to him being as dedicated and hard working as Rice (Which I'm sure Rice taught him).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The media is full of ****. T.o. Should've been a first ballot Hof'er no question.

He should have made it on the first ballot but I knew he wouldn't too much of a team cancer and too many haters. He'll get in his numbers are too good for him to be kept out but they're going to make him wait. Don't think he'll have to wait near as long as Charles Haley but with the dislike some have for TO we'll just have to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True. I can't stand him but he does deserve to be a first ballot HOFer.

No question he deserves to get in but I'm sure there's some committee members that can't stand him which is why he didn't get in on the first ballot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Makes me wonder when Randy Moss is up will they make him wait too? I used to think Jason Witten was a first Ballot guy but after seeing this he can forget it now.

Jason Witten is a well liked player and a class act he hasn't made any enemies amongst the committee so he won't have to wait he'll get in on the first ballot. As for Moss he had his issues but not to the extent TO had I still think he gets in on the first ballot.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There's a surprisingly small amount of first ballot hall of famers at the receiver position, basically Rice and a few players who played in the 70s and earlier. Silly and petty though it may be, TO was just denied that privilege and that privilege only. He'll get in soon.

My sentiments too. I'm not surprised he didn't get in on the first ballot. He's getting the Irvin treatment. But he'll get in.

RS12

Reaction score

At Age 40.

I'll agree top 5 for sure. I missed Jim Brown and only caught the of end of Unitas. LT and Ronnie Lott have to be in the conversation.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I just wonder if the divorces he caused now are being reconsidered.