T.O has a point here regardless of JG success

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.

I think the TO is a cancer crowd was overblown

I don't want to throw turds at you in particular, Frozen, but this is maybe the strangest post I've read here all offseason.

Sincerely, I get liking TO because he was a phenomenal player. I get not caring that he also happened to be a malignant narcissist who wouldn't keep his mouth shut and who wore out his welcome in every single place he went to. I can't fathom thinking the guy wasn't actually a cancer after all the cancerous things he did at each stop.

As TO says, if it walks like a tumor....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 years with the San Francisco 49ers.
2 years with the Philadelphia Eagles.
1 year each with the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals.
Can someone tell me why his three years in Dallas seemingly motivates Terrell Owens to talk ALL THE TIME about the Cowboys?

He's still looking for relevance, and nothing makes you relevant like talking about the Cowboys. Just ask Deion Sanders.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.

I think the TO is a cancer crowd was overblown

He was hard to handle, and so was Dez. It's amazing how people could handle them as long as they got what they wanted. And when they didn't? They couldn't any longer.

Receivers with attitudes that outlive their usefulness. I see why it is the way it is, from all parties.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People can’t discuss the content. Rather just attack TO. TO vouches for and loves Andy Reid. Guess something is wrong with Reid. Bitter :lmao2:

Hey, he's not the first scapegoat and won't be the last. And Dez is the latest. And yet, lack of meaningful wins still remains...

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
TO might very well be a locker room cancer and all that but at the end of the day, the dude understands football and what it takes to win.

Garrett wants to win on raw talent and basic schemes with its main emphasis on a powerful run game. That’s an 8-10 Win recipe but it typically fizzles out in the postseason when u face superior competition..

How did I get sucked into this dead horse topic? Lol

I've said for years that Garrett couldn't coach and leaned more on the rare talent that the cowboys received. Him being unable to adjust and blown games the last few years have proved just that.

I thought he looked so stupid on all or nothing constantly emphasizing Zeke so much, why? Because he knows his abilities are bad. Zeke even looked annoyed by him in the meeting rooms when he kept saying "were gonna pound Zeke because they can't stop'em". I mean damn have some confidence in the other players or at least yourself.

CapnB

Reaction score
We have all been saying it. JJ likes him because he is likely a yes man. He doesn’t require the power most HC demand.

Been said many times from people who are around these people and JG is far from a "yes man" and JG has as much power as any other HC in the league.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I've said for years that Garrett couldn't coach and leaned more on the rare talent that the cowboys received. Him being unable to adjust and blown games the last few years have proved just that.

I thought he looked so stupid on all or nothing constantly emphasizing Zeke so much, why? Because he knows his abilities are bad. Zeke even looked annoyed by him in the meeting rooms when he kept saying "were gonna pound Zeke because they can't stop'em". I mean damn have some confidence in the other players or at least yourself.
Man it’s really funny to me. I pointed that out as well. (Run 21......give it to 21). What is his purpose? Lol he wasn’t hired as an offensive mind for his prowess in coaching a run game. That’s why I said Zeke and Ricard MAY save that losers job. It’s really unfortunate

GenoT

Reaction score
I’ve said this since the 8-8 three-peat...

Jerry Jones likes Jason Garrett because Garrett will never publicly complain about the owner’s hands-on involvement in the team, nor will he gripe about Jerry (and Stephen) making the lion’s share of media comments regarding the overall state of the team or even their frequent pronouncements about the specific roles of individual players on the team. Some head coaches couldn’t handle this. JG is a good company man.

Keep in mind, Wade Phillips was required to accept JG as OC before Wade was allowed to sign his HC contract. After which, Jerry immediately and publicly anointed JG as HC-in-waiting. What does that tell you, right there?

Jerry Jones will turn 76yo in July and is still active in team management. He now has most of his “football guy” credibility invested in the eventual success of JG and he certainly doesn’t want to admit failure and start over again with yet another HC, staff and system as he approaches 80yo.

As long as Jerry remains at least somewhat involved in running the team, and out of respect for him by son Stephen, unless the Cowboys suffer a complete collapse which cannot be otherwise blamed on injuries, suspensions, natural disasters, nuclear war, voodo, etc, Jason Garrett will not be fired. You can take that to the bank.

Bottom-line: the Cowboys are the most valuable sports team on the planet and remain the perennial #1 cash-cow in the league. Therefore, the Joneses — both father and son — feel no immediate urgency to change the HC status quo.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not necessarily advocating that (well, I'd do that deal, but not to prop up Garrett. I'd do it just because I'm so freaking sick of not having good S play in Dallas). I'm just saying I'm surprised they haven't tried it. At a high level, if you want to look over next season and guess what areas you need to address to give the team the best shot at being successful, that FS position is the number one area where you'd want to do something, and they clearly don't like the options on the street.

I think I'd give up next year's 2nd rounder too. And no, not to save Garrett, but if I thought this team has a real shot at a title with a Hall of Fame safety.

But, if it's true that Thomas is looking for a huge raise over the $10 million a year he's making?

Count me out. Not paying it. Let Seattle deal with that. I'll "get by" with Xavier Woods and possibly sign Tre Boston for a year or two. He's one option on the street that would improve the team from where they are now, whether he's a "perfect fit" or not.

Safety is getting like nose tackle for me, apparently they'd rather play with subpar than sign someone who might not be their ideal picture. Sometimes, you settle for getting the job done.

RS12

Reaction score
"It all boils down to players being the scapegoat for his inability to lead the team as he should. For me it's mind-boggling. I don't understand. And I think Jerry [Jones] -- again he's the owner at the end of the day, he has to feel good with himself about the decisions -- but I just don't understand why this guy [Garrett] still has a job.

Mic drop.

birdwells1

Reaction score

That's why injuries affect this team more than others.