T.O has a point here regardless of JG success

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'm not a Garrett fan, but putting stock in advice from TO is like trusting a mercenary tell you how to run a country.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Good point.

Why not talk about the 49ers?

Why not talk about the Eagles?

And he does not love attention. Owens has always been obsessed with attention.

And what better way to get it than to link the cowboys to it. Nobody gives a **** about the stupid 9ers, the eagles or the SB they rode in on.

The cowboys are always ready for their closeup year round!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I’m a T.O fan, but T.O is grasping. He said Romo and Witten conspired against him, he said JG got rid of him when it was actually Stephen Jones. You have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

SJ didn't have the stones back then he has now to challenge Jerry so I doubt it was him. Back then it was whatever Jerry wanted and that was final.

Dre11

Reaction score
SJ didn't have the stones back then he has now to challenge Jerry so I doubt it was him. Back then it was whatever Jerry wanted and that was final.

Then you don’t know your Cowboys, Jerry explained It was Stephen.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
TO might very well be a locker room cancer and all that but at the end of the day, the dude understands football and what it takes to win.

Garrett wants to win on raw talent and basic schemes with its main emphasis on a powerful run game. That’s an 8-10 Win recipe but it typically fizzles out in the postseason when u face superior competition..

How did I get sucked into this dead horse topic? Lol
Good Comments

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Then you don’t know your Cowboys, Jerry explained It was Stephen.

Yeah that's called a scapegoat. Nobody challenge Jerry back then. And I'm pretty sure T.O wouldn't have had a single problem calling out SJ if he was in fact the lone reason

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Oh I have no doubt that Jerry is not as loyal to Garrett. But Jerry does possess an ego big enough that he won't ever admit when he is wrong. See when it came out and hired Garrett he basically threw a stake in the ground and now if he fires him he loses face. Hence the rearranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Man I'd take the loss, screw that

nathanlt

Reaction score
Owens perspective is worthless, he degraded the star as a 49er. The entire show, Good Morning Football, is worthless, no one on that show has an opinion that I care to hear. Unwatchable and irrelevant. Can't believe that show is on TV, it makes about as much sense as Blandino's catch rule.

Dre11

Reaction score

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article196022554.html

It was Stephen who convinced his father to cut Terrell Owens and it was Stephen who led the charge to veto Jones’ plan to draft former Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel in 2015

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article196022554.html#storylink=cpy

Dre11

Reaction score
Yeah that's called a scapegoat. Nobody challenge Jerry back then. And I'm pretty sure T.O wouldn't have had a single problem calling out SJ if he was in fact the lone reason

As I said you don’t know your history. Jerry talks off SJ shoving him against the wall when he wanted to sign Sanders and SJ didn’t.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Tell that to San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, Buffalo, and Cincinnati.

That shouldn't discredit him as a person.

He had people in his corner, then some that were not. It's not like 100% of the roster or staff disagreed with him.

T.O's problem was that he was too truthful and too outspoken. Many disliked that... Which is what caused the divide on teams, because many agreed, and many others did not.

So therefore the ones that did not, happened to be the powerful higher ups, he was released, which in turn made him look bad and opened the door for people to assassinate his character. He was looked at as a cancer, a liar, even at one point the media paintd him to be a thug, just because. But he never did things that people who are normally labeled as thugs do. That's how much hate they had for him.

He was just to honest to a fault. Cameras never caught him spitting in Halls face as he claimed(hall), but when asked he did not hesitate and admitted to it.

I believe him on everything he has said as far as what has ever happened behind closed doors. And as far as to what he has to say about Garrett, you can't judge him off of his past and what you think you know about him and write him off.

This game just has no room for anyone to be outspoken, that was his downfall.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I like the up-and-coming guys, too. But ET is obviously a major upgrade over Woods at this point, and I don't like at all the depth we've got behind Woods right now (ie, none). It's like going thin at LB last year. You knew we were going light going into the season, and it of course bit us and bit us hard when Hitchens went out in camp and then Lee in mid-season.

ET might not put us over the top, but he'd finish off the missing talent on the defense. We'd have at least decent players everywhere, and actual elite playmakers at ever level: Lawrence, Lee, and Thomas, with young guys coming up in each of those levels, too. It'd be a nice offset for an offensive passing game that lacks quality skill position player outside of RB and possibly QB right now.
I am still scared about our LB depth this year also.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Tell that to San Francisco, Philadelphia, Dallas, Buffalo, and Cincinnati.
Yeh I'll side with Garcia, McNabb, and Romo, over the 2nd best receiver ever to play the game. He wanted to win and wasn't PC about it and their feelings got hurt because they all weren't as good as Steve Young was, who he never had any problems with.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
8 years with the San Francisco 49ers.
2 years with the Philadelphia Eagles.
1 year each with the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals.

Can someone tell me why his three years in Dallas seemingly motivates Terrell Owens to talk ALL THE TIME about the Cowboys?
Because we were probably the biggest joke that made sure Romo's and Witten's feelings were cared about more than a guy who put up 1,200 yards a season with 10+ tds a year. He was the most talented guy we had on offense at that time and it wasn't even close. How did we do once he left? Yeh T.O. was the problem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Because the 49ers are not axing players to protect a mediocre coach.

Because the Eagles just won the SB and also see above reason for not talking about the 49ers.
For the same reason everybody else talks about the Cowboys and not the Bills, Bengals, Eagles and 49ers.

It’s not complicated.
And what better way to get it than to link the cowboys to it. Nobody gives a **** about the stupid 9ers, the eagles or the SB they rode in on.

The cowboys are always ready for their closeup year round!
I am going to just throw something out there that will not matter to some...

Remove everything but Owens from the equation. Reporters. Websites. The public. Everything. Just consider Owens for one moment.

Let's be even more crazy. Let's say someone calls him and asks, "Hey T.O.? What are your thoughts on Dallas?" and Owens responds, "Shut the <bleep> up. I don't want to talk about Dallas." Let's say in some crazy corner of the universe that happened. Literally nothing or no one can be blamed for the next thing uttered by Owens.

The very next words out of Owens mouth are all up to him and him alone. He has the chance to talk about ANYTHING imaginable. Anything in the world. Anything in the universe.

Okay. Question.

Why will the next thing spoken by him be about Dallas?

/end