T.O to Ed Werder: Next question

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384179 said:
Don't be foolish. Werder is PAID to cover the Cowboys for ESPN. He's not going to go away.

And if T.O. didn't care about Werder asking him stupid questions, he wouldn't draw attention to the issue by saying "Next question."

You don't let people, especially the media, know they irritate you. Once you sound off, the media sits back and says, "Gotcha."

This will only increase Werder's criticism of T.O.

Watch.

you have a point, but what is he supposed to do when ESPN twists everything he does? if he stares at romo for a second, ESPN has the new big story of T.O staring Romo down in Big D.

No matter what media it is, they all criticize. but theres a certain limit. ESPN has gone from exaggerating to embarrasing with what they come up with.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2384136 said:
I watch ESPNNEWS. Yeah they have their analyst segments. but they're short and to the point. It's my fav ESPN channel.

Re: the thread topic. T.O. might be telling Werder he's getting to him, but I don't think it's that big of a deal either. If he doesn't want to answer his questions, he doesn't have to. Alot of players don't speak to the media, at all. Some of our more favorite players don't even take the time to give a private chat to the reporters.

Sometimes I get tired of hearing from the same players every week. Tank's on-field production hasn't lived up to his interview skills, but at least he offered something different. Now, it's T.O., Romo/Johnson, Witten, Ellis, and Bradie. And we might get a quote from the player du jour.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384179 said:
Don't be foolish. Werder is PAID to cover the Cowboys for ESPN. He's not going to go away.

And if T.O. didn't care about Werder asking him stupid questions, he wouldn't draw attention to the issue by saying "Next question."

You don't let people, especially the media, know they irritate you. Once you sound off, the media sits back and says, "Gotcha."

Watch.

Werder criticizes him anyway...who cares? T.O.'s just having fun at Werder's expense. All Werder will be able to do every week NOW is go, "T.O. once again refused to answer all of my questions." Yep...real success there.

On another note, anyone else notice how unbelievably boring T.O.'s comments have become? Why do they even BOTHER interviewing athletes so they can hear all of these generic, mind-numbingly boring answers? It's so nauseating. They're not getting any new information; it just angers me so much that so many things in the world have changed for the worse--and ESPN is the perfect example of that--but THIS is one of the things that NEVER changes. One of the things that NEEDS to change (something that has always sucked) is there to stay. ESPN ruins their programming that was so spectacular in the 90's and prior by doing away with professionalism, wit, organization, etc....but sports PR remains the same.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This has been going on lately between him and Werder. If you've watched any of his recent interviews, anytime Ed tries to ask a question he cuts him off that way.

He's clearly grown tired of Ed and ESPN's agenda when it comes him.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384179 said:

Watch.
If Werder increases his criticism of Owens it will come off as sour grapes on Werder's part he will only look MORE foolish. Owens can then make the point that nothing that Werder says about him carries any validity since he (Werder) has made it personal and thereby undermine Werder's credibility all the way around. Owens has his own radio show and other forums in which he can come back at him if Werder wants to take it to the next level.

You're saying it is a double edged sword for Owens and so it is. But Werder had better be careful how far he takes it because it can be a double edged sword for him as well. A Journalist can afford to get the reputation of being biased or having an agenda as many do...but only to a point.

I personally refuse to read and/or listen to Galloway, Hansen and Bayless (and recently Werder) and I put no credence in anything that they are reported to have said. I know many others who feel the same way. If it becomes widespread enough they will find themselves without a job or at the very least find that no one takes them seriously anymore.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384150 said:
I think T.O.'s response becomes more of a commentary about T.O. than Werder.

T.O. is basically telling Werder - in so many words - that you're getting to me, you're getting under my skin. You NEVER want to do that to a member of the media because that sends a message that they can irritate you. T.O. has given Werder "hand."

So do you think Werder is going to back off? No.

He's going to come even harder.

Probably what T.O. should do is answer Werder without answering or giving Werder the answer he's looking for.

It's not like T.O. is going to make Werder not ask questions or go away.

I'm sure Owens is REALLY scared that Werder will 'come harder' now. What good is that going to do for him when TO continues to answer with 'Next question'? He can come at him all he wants if that's all TO gives him then he's not going to accomplish anything by attempting to push harder other than show that he's too stupid to get the drift.

tyke1doe;2384179 said:

Watch.

You actually think Werder was going to do anything other than write crap about TO? Come on. He could say Next question, no comments, not answer him at all, or smile right at him and say something really nice and Ed is still going to be the hack that he, and most of his ESPN counter parts are, and write nothing but crap about Owens.

As long as Owens continues to answer it this way, consistently, Werder will only get frusturated that no matter how much 'harder' he tries to push that he can't get anything more than "next question".

rojan

Reaction score
He has been doing this for like 3 weeks now.

I remember once Werder asked T.O a question and without even lettin him finish he said "Next Question" and than another reporter asked T.O the exact same question and he answered it without hesitation..

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::bow::bow::bow:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
rojan;2384357 said:
He has been doing this for like 3 weeks now.

I remember once Werder asked T.O a question and without even lettin him finish he said "Next Question" and than another reporter asked T.O the exact same question and he answered it without hesitation..

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::bow::bow::bow:

yeah I remember that one too. That one made me really laugh. Ed will get tired of chasing his tail and he'll simply sit there, holding a recorder, and just get the information he can from the questions everyone else asks.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384179 said:

Watch.

:rolleyes:

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384150 said:

T.O. is basically telling Werder - in so many words - that you're getting to me, you're getting under my skin. You NEVER want to do that to a member of the media because that sends a message that they can irritate you. T.O. has given Werder "hand."

Probably what T.O. should do is answer Werder without answering or giving Werder the answer he's looking for.

That theory only applies when the media is saying good things about you.

When a station already only repeats negative things, and creates unnecessary drama, then the best thing to do is not say anything.

arync

Reaction score
ESPN is pitiful. The 1 am sportscenter just started after the Lakers game and one of their headlines to start the show is T.O. is frustrated. It didn't sound like he was frustrated in this interview

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i love what ed werder is getting from T O, if i was T O i would tell all of the cowboys players why i ignored him, how he bashes the cowboys and laughs when they are losing like he did with the cardinals.

Eventually he would get the point, then to top it off if ed werder asked jerry jones a question and jerry jones would say, next question, that would send a signal to ed we dont like you and what you have been saying about us

i dont care what you say that ed werder would come hard after the cowboys, if jerry jones did the same thing, all of this espn b.s. would stop and we would get some better coverage and not some reporter like ed trying to stir things up

i love it, keep it up T O on ed werder, and send that info to the other players about ed werder

burmafrd

Reaction score
TO can speak to who he wants to when he wants to. Its called freedom.
And not speaking to one reporter is his right. And since werder is a total jerk I say more power to TO.

superpunk

Reaction score
They're not going to keep coming after him. If anything they'll stop paying him so much attention, because that was an incredibly boring and unquotable interview because he didn't take the bait once.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2384099 said:
Good for TO.

ESPN needed a reality check.

HAHA... but it really doesnt "reality check" ESPN at all.

theebs;2384114 said:
whats funny to me is owens is the only one who avoids werder.

Werder walks around on the field during stretching and warmups like he is part of the team. All the players shake his hand and talk to him while they are stretching.

Then of course all werder talks about is owens. Its pretty dumb all the way around.

Yep. Werder does his report and HIS TARGET is OWENS. Always. Moreso now.

tyke1doe;2384150 said:

This is true to a certain degree. But at the same time TO is just fed up and would rather ignore Werder/Espn. It makes TO feel better so let him do it.

JordanTaber;2384171 said:
Uh, no. You think T.O. cares about Werder asking him stupid questions? He just cares about what Werder says on TV...so this is his way of screwing with him. If anything, Werder will just give up at some point.

Absolutely not. WHEN(and there will be a "when") something happens re: TO then Werder will be ALL OVER IT... like Andy Reid at an "all you can eat" buffet.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2384150 said:

..If TO answers, Werder will twist into what he wants.

Example:
Werder: Hey TO what's the weather going to be like today?
TO: Should be a nice a day, but a chance of rain.

Report: TO predicts storms ahead

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2384547 said:
..If TO answers, Werder will twist into what he wants.

Example:
Werder: Hey TO what's the weather going to be like today?
TO: Should be a nice a day, but a chance of rain.

Report: TO predicts storms ahead

"Torrential"