Tackles at the Senior Bowl

Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3820392 said:
I would say they have a higher upside, but also a lower floor. I think at worst, Carimi will be a solid starter at RT. At best he'll be a notch below a pro-bowl player at LT.

I'll take the prospect who you know for sure will be a good NFL starter then the guy who has potential to be a pro bowler, but a potential bust aswell. Just me.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3820432 said:
I'll take the prospect who you know for sure will be a good NFL starter then the guy who has potential to be a pro bowler, but a potential bust aswell. Just me.

I'd take Carimi in this situation, but it's not that cut and dry. Sometimes upside is worth the gamble.

JBS

Reaction score
Reports I am hearing is that Sherrod and Carimi are 1-2 for OTs at the senior bowl. Solder is struggling. Kerrigan is taking solder to school apparenty.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3820464 said:
Reports I am hearing is that Sherrod and Carimi are 1-2 for OTs at the senior bowl. Solder is struggling. Kerrigan is taking solder to school apparenty.

You realize that there are several reports right now? I just read one that said Solder was killing it. I'll see for myself tonight but be careful of all of these reports. The "experts" have as many different opinions as we do.

Kerrigan looked like a monster yesterday. High-motor kid, pretty good technique too.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score

gawd just look at my signature

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think a lot of lineman are going to go mid first and into the early second. I expect a big run. A lot of bad teams have poor line play and I expect some will go early in round 2. But there are a lot of typically good teams who really need line help. The Steelers, Patiots, Ravens, Colts, Eagles, Bears and other good teams in 2010 really have a need to improve on the line. No matter how poor the top lineman are in this draft, it is going to be tough watching them go off the board late first round if we don't get one at 9.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3820471 said:
You realize that there are several reports right now? I just read one that said Solder was killing it. I'll see for myself tonight but be careful of all of these reports. The "experts" have as many different opinions as we do.

Kerrigan looked like a monster yesterday. High-motor kid, pretty good technique too.

Solder is a heck of a talent. He's not strong enough but his agility for his size is scary good. I would not be surprised to see him manhandled early in his career but in a year or two, he's going to be one of the top LT in the NFL IMO. His footwork is too good. JMO

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3820777 said:
Solder is a heck of a talent. He's not strong enough but his agility for his size is scary good. I would not be surprised to see him manhandled early in his career but in a year or two, he's going to be one of the top LT in the NFL IMO. His footwork is too good. JMO

Sounds like a RT starter first few years until he really hits the weight room. After that, the sky is the limit for him.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

Actually i have been seeing that Carimi, Solder, and Constanzo are the top tier of OT's and Sherrod is in the second tier, along with Lee Ziemba and Demarcus Love.

If we want to go OT in the first round though, i say we make sure we get Carimi. Trade down to the mid teens.

JBS

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3820889 said:
Actually i have been seeing that Carimi, Solder, and Constanzo are the top tier of OT's and Sherrod is in the second tier, along with Lee Ziemba and Demarcus Love.

If we want to go OT in the first round though, i say we make sure we get Carimi. Trade down to the mid teens.

Heard Sherrod looked great today..just reporting what I am hearing...

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3820379 said:
Fairley, Dareus?
I don't we have to worry about Fairley, as he'll probably go in the top 2 ro3.
Maybe that's a good thing.

acer941

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3820430 said:
I like Smith to, but I just don't see him being able to help right away, not even at RT. I think in a year or two though, we have a pro bowler. But I want immediate help, like you said Carimi is the most NFL ready.

And for Solder, I just don't see it in him. Cam Jordan made him his ***** the past couple days.

Solder is out there dominating from the brief moments that I get to see Solder go 1 on 1 he just stone walls the defender or leads them right past the QB. I think he is clearly the number 1 guy for the OT position.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Would anyone trade up from 40 to late 1st to get Carimi/Tyron?

I know 99% of you want to trade down from 9 but I still think we have a shot at Quinn or PP there. Locker is making friends at the Senior Bowl.

Huff, Clabo, Quinn, Carimi, Moffit?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
acer941;3820955 said:
Solder is out there dominating from the brief moments that I get to see Solder go 1 on 1 he just stone walls the defender or leads them right past the QB. I think he is clearly the number 1 guy for the OT position.

Nate Solder is in contention for being the best left tackle prospect in the 2011 NFL Draft, but he is not living up to the hype.
He has impressive height and feet but he does not have the athleticism or knee bend that makes him an elite tackle.
He has a chance to go up against the very best this week, but for now I am considering him a very risky prospect.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3820901 said:
Heard Sherrod looked great today..just reporting what I am hearing...

Same here.. i heard that from Scout's, Inc. coverage.

I would prefer Carimi, but thats just me. Solder/Smith/Sherrod/Constanzo wouldn't be terrible either.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3820974 said:
Would anyone trade up from 40 to late 1st to get Carimi/Tyron?

I know 99% of you want to trade down from 9 but I still think we have a shot at Quinn or PP there. ?
Yes!

If a top guy we like is there at 9 but another slips to the very late 1st or very early second, I would be up making that move (as long as it wasn't too big of a jump).

I'll take quality all day over quantity.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Tyron Smith is coming...

These guys are not going to be able to hold him off, imo.

If things go as Smith plans, he will be the first OT picked and in the mix for the top 10.

The run on the defensive linemen starts at pick 1. The run on the offensive tackles will start right after the top 10 or at 9 if Dallas takes one. If you want an offensive tackle at 9 and get cute and trade down, you may not get one or the guy that you want.

OT is clearly a strength of this draft, and when they start coming off the board, they are going to go fast.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
41gy#;3821030 said:
Tyron Smith is coming...

If things go as Smith plans, he will be the first OT picked and in the mix for the top 10.

Unless something unforeseen happens, I'm predicting Smith to go anywhere from 8 to 15. I have also heard from more than one person that the Cowboys are extremely interested in him.

We'll see, draft time always turns everyone into intentional liars.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
DFWJC;3821026 said:
Yes!

If a top guy we like is there at 9 but another slips to the very late 1st or very early second, I would be up making that move (as long as it wasn't too big of a jump).

I'll take quality all day over quantity.

41gy#;3821030 said:
Tyron Smith is coming...

The run on the defensive linemen starts at pick 1. The run on the offensive tackles will start right after the top 10 or at 9 if Dallas takes one. If you want an offensive tackle at 9 and get cute and trade down, you may not get one or the guy that you want.

OT is clearly a strength of this draft and when they start coming off the board, they are going to go fast.

I think the tier is set at 5. Tyron, Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, and Sherrod. I think we should be able to get one w/ our 2nd pick. Hopefully its Carimi or Tyron. I havent been paying much attention to the red-headed stepchild Sherrod.