Tackles at the Senior Bowl

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Uploaded anonymously

[youtube]FMPkNlGbFzk[/youtube]

Id love to get a shot at Gabe or Tyron in R2.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Love the way Locker leads these guys. That guy is the real deal

[youtube]PONQrFfZRQw[/youtube]

Brewer wasnt on my radar, but damn

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Gabe isn't lasting to round 2. Trade down and get one of these guys. I don't see how we can afford not to. Pick up an extra 2nd, grab a DE and S or possibly another OL.

visionary

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3820011 said:
Gabe isn't lasting to round 2. Trade down and get one of these guys. I don't see how we can afford not to. Pick up an extra 2nd, grab a DE and S or possibly another OL.

this

but sadly, it would make too much sense and not enough "splash" for our GM

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
visionary;3820029 said:
this

but sadly, it would make too much sense and not enough "splash" for our GM

You kidding, Jerry would love to trade down. So we can selected some obscure, bow legged lineman 2 rounds higher than he was expected to go. Or perhaps there is a QB to WR conversion player we like.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Good to hear Mayock confirm my belief that Carimi could play LT in this league.

I'm shocked that he has him rated as the 4th best tackle though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3820011 said:

I agree but this team needs defenders so bad that we have to heavily consider that too.

We need a defense and a oline that can impose their will.

ms9221

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3820335 said:
DeMarcus Love in the second is probably our best bet.
Gabe Carimi is the man among boys he one that fix our style he will not be afriad anybody he is the best, and he has played the best.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
ms9221;3820340 said:
Gabe Carimi is the man among boys he one that fix our style he will not be afriad anybody he is the best, and he has played the best.

Too high at #9, won't be there at #41

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3820350 said:
Too high at #9, won't be there at #41

I would be all for a trade down if Peterson and Quinn are gone.

Prince Akumara does nadda for me.

Reaction score
If we could somehow land Cam Jordan and Gabe Carimi I'd walk around with a woody for 3 straight months.

I don't know what the heck Mayock is thinking having Costanzo and Nate ahead of Gabe.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3820371 said:
If we could somehow land Cam Jordan and Gabe Carimi I'd walk around with a woody for 3 straight months.

I don't know what the heck Mayock is thinking having Costanzo and Nate ahead of Gabe.

More upside I guess is his thinking. The upside looks marginal to me. Especially when you consider how superior Gabe is at run blocking.

Romo 2 Austin;3820379 said:
Fairley, Dareus?

I'd let someone give us the farm in a trade down. Im not opposed to taking either but I have a bad feeling about Fairley.

Also I'm becoming a Cam Jordan believer. He brings it every down.

But if we're just going to ask our DEs to stop the run the Dareus is the guy. But why not just stick with Spears?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3820371 said:

I would say they have a higher upside, but also a lower floor. I think at worst, Carimi will be a solid starter at RT. At best he'll be a notch below a pro-bowl player at LT.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Although I have Tyron Smith #1 right now I will say that Cirmimi is the most NFL ready right now. He could come in and start at RT for us tomorrow.

Nate Solder is growing on me. After watching the Senior Bowl practice I went back and skimmed through some Colorado games. He is better than I originally thought.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3820422 said:
Although I have Tyron Smith #1 right now I will say that Cirmimi is the most NFL ready right now. He could come in and start at RT for us tomorrow.

Nate Solder is growing on me. After watching the Senior Bowl practice I went back and skimmed through some Colorado games. He is better than I originally thought.

Lets trade up and get them both! (Tyron and Gabe) :laugh2:

As for Solder. I'm not interested in a zone blocking running scheme, so I'll pass on him.

Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3820422 said:

I like Smith to, but I just don't see him being able to help right away, not even at RT. I think in a year or two though, we have a pro bowler. But I want immediate help, like you said Carimi is the most NFL ready.

And for Solder, I just don't see it in him. Cam Jordan made him his ***** the past couple days.