Taco Charlton: 'I'm stronger, faster, more knowledgeable now'

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me. Taco is our very own Stuart Smalley.
AL FRANKIN,,,,lol, he did that SNL skit back in around ' 91' where he was his own personal self contained satellite up link casing-liner as a journalist covering the G.W.1 ,,,He kept bemoaning the fact, of the undue pressure the weight of the contraption was placing upon his spinal column,,,it was his best piece of work EVER on SNL:lmao:

IMO*o_O

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No doubt many of these guys find out quick that it takes more than speed or strength at this level.

Agreed. Hand fighting and various movement techniques are an indispensable part of what they must develop. Marinelli will likely school him well. It'll help if he's also stronger and faster as he claims. We're about to see for ourselves pretty soon if all these things are true or not. ;)

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. Get out there and make DLaw look average son.

His talk about his play last year was spot on. He did work hard and improve as the season went along. While he should not be satisfied he should trust the process.

As for us, players tend to make the largest strides between year 1 and 2. From what I have seen he has put on bubble and upper body mass in a good way. If he is indeed faster then that will all serve him well. We already saw his hand and footwork improve. He maintains his work ethic and he will be a good one.

Yes talk is cheap but that doesn't mean there is not anything to see or think about.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Expect much from Taco Charlton in 2018, but know he's already beat you to the punch.

"You’re a first-round pick for the Dallas Cowboys, so expectations are going to be high," said the second-year pass rusher following the conclusion of OTAs, via Drew Davison of Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "But it was more so I just had expectations for myself, and it started off slower than what I wanted. At the end, I started seeing the strides and seeing all the practice hours and how hard I was working starting to pay off.

"Going into Year 2, I’m stronger. I can hold my weight more. I’m faster. I’m more knowledgeable about the game, studying more moves and working a lot more moves.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...onger-faster-more-knowledgeable-now-118990805
He did look really really good late last year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This guy got stonewalled more than anyone last year. Props for finishing strong last year but I'd like to see a season full of consistency.

I don't know about that but early in the year you could tell he was learning the handwork that Marinelli asks his rushmen to employ. Using extension, the timing, the proper body lean for leverage, how to transition shoulders, how to disengage and so forth.

There are multiple ways to accomplish all that depending on what OL and offense is trying to do. Marinelli calls them screws but he was getting them down as the season went along. He was penetrating, disengaging and finishing more and more often.

He lacked polish and the upper body strength to not get compressed while leaning. At the same time it appears that he is working hard at that. His shoulders are noticeably larger for example.

Given his progression, I don't see inconsistency out of him but rather a learning curve. I want to see him maintain his work ethic and where he peaks.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Do make opposing QBs into tacos, dear boy. There's a good chap.
I'm sure ol' #97 got some "FIGHT SONGS" most LIMEYS ain't seen performed as of yet,blokeo_O

* I couldn't stand 90 days of AIRWAVE pummelling WITH that Aussie INVASION of ' Crocodile Dundee' back when& that Steve Irwin kinda got a heaping helping on his unfilled dinner plate in the end,,,so,JUST SO ya-know BRO!
that whole refined cockney accent that's been derived in yer' origin of
"homeland" Is past-due thin with me.
:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

:starspin::star::starspin:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm sure ol' #97 got some "FIGHT SONGS" most LIMEYS ain't seen performed as of yet,blokeo_O

* I couldn't stand 90 days of AIRWAVE pummelling WITH that Aussie INVASION of ' Crocodile Dundee' back when& that Steve Irwin kinda got a heaping helping on his unfilled dinner plate in the end,,,so,JUST SO ya-know BRO!
that whole refined cockney accent that's been derived in yer' origin of
"homeland" Is past-due thin with me.
:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

I'm just trying to stay in character, haha. Though, I do like the Australians that I've met and have gotten to know over the years. Lovely people, and Steve Irwin was one of my favorite celebrities. It was sad when he died. At least, to me it was sad.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I'm just trying to stay in character, haha. Though, I do like the Australians that I've met and have gotten to know over the years. Lovely people, and Steve Irwin was one of my favorite celebrities. It was sad when he died. At least, to me it was sad.
We're forever COOL my friend!* you&me*:thumbup:

** I can get a bit 'mulishly twitchy after pulling double gluggers from a BEAM bottle,,,I reckon it's what yer' Queen MuM would label as a ; character defecto_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
I don't know about that but early in the year you could tell he was learning the handwork that Marinelli asks his rushmen to employ. Using extension, the timing, the proper body lean for leverage, how to transition shoulders, how to disengage and so forth.

There are multiple ways to accomplish all that depending on what OL and offense is trying to do. Marinelli calls them screws but he was getting them down as the season went along. He was penetrating, disengaging and finishing more and more often.

He lacked polish and the upper body strength to not get compressed while leaning. At the same time it appears that he is working hard at that. His shoulders are noticeably larger for example.

Given his progression, I don't see inconsistency out of him but rather a learning curve. I want to see him maintain his work ethic and where he peaks.
Hey,FUZZY! from 1 to 100 percent rating ,where do you think #99 Charles Tapper is standing at TODAY?

* cuz', yer' word does pack its insightful share of clout*