Twitter: Taco Charltons 10 Yard Split

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I just saw in another thread that he needs to be moved to DT because he is too slow. And ever since he has been drafted many people have looked at his 40 time and came to to assumption due to his speed he needs to either play LDE or move inside
I haven't heard that once let alone "many people"

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
But he isnt too slow to play RDE. All of his drill with the exception of his combine time are on par with other top RDE's of his build

I'm in the same camp as you, with his length and athleticism, he can be a successful RDE. He just needs to put the work in and get stronger as well as develop pass rushing moves. However, that doesn't stop forum posters from saying otherwise.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm in the same camp as you, with his length and athleticism, he can be a successful RDE. He just needs to put the work in and get stronger as well as develop pass rushing moves. However, that doesn't stop forum posters from saying otherwise.
One of the things I noticed in preseason was once he started rushing with a plan, he would generate much more pressure off the edge. He looked lost his first game and improved each game after that. Then against starters once the season started it basically reset, and he started coming on the last quarter of the season

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Taco improved as the year went on. People got bent out of shape with him, but as per usual there was alot of jumping the gun. I think he ends up as a legit player for us.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Taco improved as the year went on. People got bent out of shape with him, but as per usual there was alot of jumping the gun. I think he ends up as a legit player for us.
I think he starts at RDE this year. I could see them moving Lawrence over, but he has a skill set that makes him a unique player on the left side. Its also where he logged an 8 and a 14 sack season

Reactions: CWR

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Perhaps the reason people got a little frustrated was this.

T.J. Watt - Comb - - Asst - - Sack - - INT - - Yrds

Taco Carlton - Comb - - Asst - - Sack - - Int - - Yrds

One wonders if Taco responded to his first year like Watt, would he have been on the field more? And maybe those stats he posted would be different. More impressive.

We'll never know. But Carlton was taken before Watt. You decide what significance that has to the upcoming draft.

By the way, I don't like stats. The one in the anchor post is deceiving as are the ones above. Stats and results are not necessary the same.