Twitter: Taco inactive for today’s game

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Unfortunate. I didn’t like the pick to begin with but oh well. Wish him luck to wherever he lands. Certainly looks like his time is done in Dallas.....

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I believe it was rod who pushed for taco over watt. Pathetic
Not so sure about pinning it all on Marinelli.

Just recall what Stephen Jones said about that last year:

"Certainly if we were going to bet on a player and his football character as well as his off-the-field character, you're going to line up with T.J. Watt and bet on him. It just so happens we felt a little more comfortable with Taco because you see him do it every day on the film. You see it every play and he's doing it against big-time competition, as T.J. was as well, obviously the same conference. You just see it there and you feel more comfortable with Taco."

Or the Great Will McClay:

"I think going after Taco in the first round gives us a defensive end that we feel like has upside, that's athletic, but that can also be multiple, play right end, left end, can play inside, can mismatch guys on the inside. He had four different positions at Michigan. He's the right kind of kid. He's got size, he's got length. That helps us there."

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is weird to me. He hasn't been playing great but he was certainly playing well enough to help in sub packages for sure.

slick325

Reaction score
Please. If I could get a middle round pick for him, I would move him in a heartbeat.

And before you start talking about "ceiling", since when do 1st rounders get benched in their second year and actually work out?

I kind of think like never.

When benched for a guy that had he not been smoking weed at the Combine, would have been a top 5 likely Top 10 pick (Gregory).

I have no clue whether Charlton's attitude, practice habits, lack of skills or what is the issue. Not knowing specifics, I keep him on that rookie deal. Can't have enough pass rushers and Dallas can treat him like they have Gregory...take advantage of his rookie deal to see if the light comes on.

Who's giving a mid rounder for someone you classify as a first rounder who is benched in their 2nd year and likely would never workout? Please...is right.

Alexander

Reaction score
Who's giving a mid rounder for someone you classify as a first rounder who is benched in their 2nd year and likely would never workout? Please...is right.
There is always the swap of disappointing 1st round picks.

Would you take any of these similar1st round busts for Charlton?

Solomon Thomas
Mike Williams
Haason Reddick
Jabril Peppers
David Njoku

slick325

Reaction score
There is always the swap of disappointing 1st round picks.

Would you take any of these similar1st round busts for Charlton?

Solomon Thomas
Mike Williams
Haason Reddick
Jabril Peppers
David Njoku

Like I said, I keep him another season as insurance for Gregory and in case Lawrence gets injured. Not costing too much right now.

If the light doesn't come on by say late TC or before the 2019 trading deadline...then by all means get on the phone Alexander. Use your impressively researched list as examples for other GM's.

Alexander

Reaction score
Like I said, I keep him another season as insurance for Gregory and in case Lawrence gets injured. Not costing too much right now.

If the light doesn't come on by say late TC or before the 2019 trading deadline...then by all means get on the phone Alexander. Use your impressively researched list as examples for other GM's.
Insurance?

Draft another end. The upcoming draft is rich with them.

slick325

Reaction score
Insurance?

Draft another end. The upcoming draft is rich with them.

Not against that at all...Dallas will need a TE (likely early), possibly a Safety, likely early (if they don't get Earl Thomas) and I can see LB depth being a priority depending on what happens with Sean Lee and Wilson this off season. Only have so many picks.

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
That’s really bad if true. Really bad
Yep, it appears to be really bad. JJT said he has one source that has never liked Taco so he didn't go to him for info.
He DM'd someone else in the organization that he said likes Taco so he claims to know the problems are legit.
Said Taco let it go to his head that he was hanging with and working out with DLaw all summer, now he thinks he is just as good.
Sad, because the dude has lot of potential.

cern

Reaction score
He's on someone's s-list. Marinelli and Richard don't tolerate crap. He better swallow his pride and get it together quickly. If not, nip it in the bud.