Twitter: Taco inactive for today’s game

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, heard JJTaylor saying on the radio that his cowboys sources tell him that Taco thinks he is all that and a bag of chips.
So that he don't have to worry about gap assignment, or setting the edge, or reads on the RPOs. Thinks his only job is to get to the QB
and screw everything else. Completely refuses to take any coaching, and will not listen to Marinelli about assignments. Went so far as to say
that if we were still in training camp he would not make the cut to 53.
Looks as though his days here are done unless he has a major attitude correction.

Wow! If true, that's some scary bad news.
:omg:

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I hated the draft pick then and I hate it now.

Would've loved Takk McKinley or Watt.

That's the thing that baffles me. It's not like this comes as a shock to many of us. Go back to the draft thread and see how many people here were like "huh?" when Taco was chosen over Watt.

Here's the thing: I get that sometimes the fans will gravitate to the "name brand", and obviously Watt comes from a good pedigree. But, I think this was a case where you didn't have to be a scout with insider information to know that Watt was the much better pick than Taco. The hype was actually justified. I think the Cowboys scouts/brass thought they could outsmart the obvious choice. Whoops.

I say this every year. The first round in the draft is not the one you want to reach for a player. Take the sure thing, and do your fishing in the later rounds.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
#1 draft picks like Taco is why I'm okay with giving one up for a guy like Coop. :cool:

Lame reasoning.

You’re also passing up potentially on a player like LVE.

It can be argued Cooper was worth a 1st for a number of reasons.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Going to be one of those 7th possible 6th based on conditions lol

That’s me being sarcastic lol. I don’t really know
No you are actually correct someone would be willing to give a pick but pretty much the min effort possible.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Lame reasoning.

You’re also passing up potentially on a player like LVE.

It can be argued Cooper was worth a 1st for a number of reasons.
Lame? It's a popular post that you wish you had thought of first. Go rain on someone else's parade. Stop being so damn cynical.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s a popular post? WTH are you talking about?
A dozen likes and you are so jealous... you got to knock it to make yourself feel better. Cynics like you aren't hard to figure out. You are a soul sucker of life that has to rain on other peoples otherwise good day. Go away.

cowboyec

Reaction score
very disappointing.
Ive been his biggest fan on here but I'm beginning to have serious doubts if this pick will pan out.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Yep, heard JJTaylor saying on the radio that his cowboys sources tell him that Taco thinks he is all that and a bag of chips.
So that he don't have to worry about gap assignment, or setting the edge, or reads on the RPOs. Thinks his only job is to get to the QB
and screw everything else. Completely refuses to take any coaching, and will not listen to Marinelli about assignments. Went so far as to say
that if we were still in training camp he would not make the cut to 53.
Looks as though his days here are done unless he has a major attitude correction.
That’s really bad if true. Really bad

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Him too still? Geez...we didn’t really get anyone back for Philly but Smith,and even he’s not 100%.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Joe Jackson,DE-Miami.
Jaylon Ferguson,DE-La Tech
Christian Rector,DE-Usc

cowboyec

Reaction score
maybe we could trade him to the dolphins for DE Charles Harris...the other DE I liked that year.