Taco seems to have bust written all over him

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Marinelli Draft picks since 2014 on the DL ( only considering players picked in the first 5 rounds)

DLaw - great pick
Randy Gregory - bad pick in round 2. Failed his NFL combine drug test and nothing has changed
ryan russell - bust
Charles Tapper - bust
M Collins - decent NFL player
Taco - looking like a bust
Dorrance Armstrong - hasn't played much
Tristen Hill ? not looking good
Joe Jackson ??

First anything outside of the 3rd round is always a long shot so taking a 5 round look is a bit strange.

Also HIll not looking good? After exactly 1 preseason game under his NFL career? LOL

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First anything outside of the 3rd round is always a long shot so taking a 5 round look is a bit strange.

Also HIll not looking good? After exactly 1 preseason game under his NFL career? LOL

I am going off reports from TC as well. He's getting dominated which actually isn't surprising given that he wasn't a good college football player either.

He had 40 tackles and 6 sacks in 35 games in the AAC. But, he's going to make an NFL team better? Now thats a LOL.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Several years ago, I and many members on here labeled Lawerence a bust, however during his contract year he shows up. I bet the same will happen to Charlton. I’ll re-up this thread in 2021....;)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Seeing Rico shown the door was probably good for a lot of guys. Shows that being a specimen just ain't enough, especially if you've got entitlement issues.

CWR

Reaction score
Several years ago, I and many members on here labeled Lawerence a bust, however during his contract year he shows up. I bet the same will happen to Charlton. I’ll re-up this thread in 2021....;)

The difference is Dlaw showed flashes prior and was held back by injuries/suspension. Taco hasn't shown us much of anything. I hope that changes soon...

You are right though, a ton of people had him labeled prematurely

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Rico & Taco .

Such huge potential , ... always and forever , the 'potential' .

Maybe a real coaching staff can get it out of them .

Maybe the browns can get good plays out of rico .

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I want to see Taco play against the 1s some more. He's the kind of guy who can beat cement-footed #2 tackles like Shon Coleman with quickness or undersized technicians like Hyatt with sheer length, but against starters that have size, strength and athleticism, his complete package isn't anywhere near their complete package.

And the problem is that the OL never subs or rotates, so DEs face a starting linenan on every single play. With a receiver like say Cole Beasley, he's too small and slow to ever hang with #1 corners on the outside, but you can put him in the slot and have him beat #3 corners and LBs with quickness. If Cole Beasley was forced to play #1 corners every game, he'd get shut down probably been cut after his rookie season. That's how life goes for DEs.

visionary

Reaction score

D Law?
:laugh:

Can you remind me how many sacks he has in November and December? You know, when it counts
:facepalm:

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Was also partly responsible for saving Jerry and Dallas from drafting Sharif Floyd and ending up with Frederick instead.
But he also cost the cowboys Bennie Logan in the second reins of that draft

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
D Law?
:laugh:

Can you remind me how many sacks he has in November and December? You know, when it counts
:facepalm:

5 of his 10.5 total sacks in 2018 were in November & December.

7 of his 8 in 2015 were Nov/Dec.

All of his sacks in 2016 were after Nov 1st.

The only year he had significantly more before Nov 1st than after was 2017 with 4 after and 10.5 before.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Marinelli Draft picks since 2014 on the DL ( only considering players picked in the first 5 rounds)

DLaw - great pick
Randy Gregory - bad pick in round 2. Failed his NFL combine drug test and nothing has changed
ryan russell - bust
Charles Tapper - bust
M Collins - decent NFL player
Taco - looking like a bust
Dorrance Armstrong - hasn't played much
Tristen Hill ? not looking good
Joe Jackson ??

Since 2014 huh... I love how you count 4th round injury busts like Tapper against him, and ignore that he pounded the table for D-Law then molded him into an All-Pro. Doesn't fit the narrative.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

The only year he had significantly more before Nov 1st than after was 2017 with 4 after and 10.5 before.

D Law also had a strip sack against he Lions to seal a playoff win.

Anybody that says D Law hasn't shown up when it matters has not been watching the games apparently. And not only showing up when it matters, some games he is the only pass rush we got.

I understand the dogging on Taco, he was drafted in the first round but plays like a third rounder. But posters trying to dog D Law are just not that bright, the dude showed he belonged in the big leagues from day 1, he just has had injuries and suspensions early in his career.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
It cost the team too.much to cut him. It's economics as well.

For now I guess at least they have him for depth, but at some point he's going to become history if he doesn't pick up the pace. The latter is my guess.

visionary

Reaction score

That’s true

4 of 14.5 in 2017 were in 9 games played in November/December

5 of 10.5 in 2018 were in 11 games played in November/December/playoffs

0 in 2 playoff games in 2018

Like I said, he has a habit of disappearing when it counts

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s true

4 of 14.5 in 2017 were in 9 games played in November/December

5 of 10.5 in 2018 were in 11 games played in November/December/playoffs

0 in 2 playoff games in 2018

Like I said, he has a habit of disappearing when it counts
That's a stretch even for you...troll-on.