Taco, Trystena, Clear Eye View, and LEV

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
huh-what-memegeneratorget-huh-what-picard-says-what-52780263.png

jjktkk

Reaction score
They should be the core of this defense. The fact that they're not and LVE's future is in doubt is troubling and a big reason why this defense feels so bare right now. How McClay continues to get a pass for this is perplexing.
I'm afraid it might be a bit too complex for you to digest .

12+88=7

Reaction score
Go back 5 years and see how many players are still on the team and still in the NFL.

Then take it one step further and compare the rest of the NFL against Dallas during the same time. Dallas will be at the top or near the top. The reason I know this is that there was a thread on BBI asking this question, and Dallas had a total of 24. Considering you get 7 draft picks times 5 years the average is 35.

24 out of 35 in drafting is incredible.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We are thiiiiiiiiis close to seeing a Gavin Escobar thread.
Funny you mention Escobar.

Saw him in a XFL game..

Didn't he have a torn Achilles like Dez did?

He was running pretty good on it.

Maybe a camp body?

He and Dez can get Comeback Players of the Year ?

(Sorry to hijack your post, but it was just too too easy. Go Dez..go Dez)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How fast the OP is willing to give up on Trysten Hill and LVE is the alarming thing here. It's too early to call these two a bust just yet. Taco has proven himself in Miami to be better than Marinelli would allow him to be. That error in coaching has been addressed. Overall I think the Cowboys drafting over the past 4 or 5 years has been far better than most teams.

Wood

Reaction score
They should be the core of this defense. The fact that they're not and LVE's future is in doubt is troubling and a big reason why this defense feels so bare right now. How McClay continues to get a pass for this is perplexing.

yea their drafting cratered last two years. With compensatory picks next year and so many players leaving...they have to have two really good drafts.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Go back 5 years and see how many players are still on the team and still in the NFL.

Then take it one step further and compare the rest of the NFL against Dallas during the same time. Dallas will be at the top or near the top. The reason I know this is that there was a thread on BBI asking this question, and Dallas had a total of 24. Considering you get 7 draft picks times 5 years the average is 35.

24 out of 35 in drafting is incredible.

He's pretty dam good.

That was a weak draft class for DE and only 1 guy drafted after taco even compared to his production (not counting linebackers). Then factor in McClay was drafting guys that the coaches were wanting as they wanted certain skill sets or body types. I think McClay had said he wanted Watt but Marinelli wanted Taco and he wanted Hill too. We've done pretty dang good considering how many teams miss in the 1st round on a yearly basis.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The great drafting by McClay and crew has been a huge myth
The entire starting offense except Cooper is home grown, so that's pretty outstanding. Drafting on defense has been a bit shakier though, but still solid enough if we had supplemented with a notable free agent or two.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
How fast the OP is willing to give up on Trysten Hill and LVE is the alarming thing here. It's too early to call these two a bust just yet. Taco has proven himself in Miami to be better than Marinelli would allow him to be. That error in coaching has been addressed. Overall I think the Cowboys drafting over the past 4 or 5 years has been far better than most teams.

Taco was a healthy scratch in Miami several times and isn't a lock to make their roster.